Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdarling

macrumors P6
Yeah, this is definitely not Google doing this. I'm not a fan of Google in general, and Android is a hot, sticky mess. But they're not stupid enough to do this in any official or unofficial capacity.

...snip...

But honestly, why is this even being reported? It's essentially a meme, obviously posted by an individual.

Good point.

Which is less classy? Someone doing this? Or reporting it like it's meaningful?

BinaryTim

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2011
Dakotas
Greasing the wheels

Thank you, Andriod, for watering the fruit. I guess that must be why they are so MUCH more profitable than you! :D

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Some people lacking a sense of humour.

As article says - may not be google's doing. In fact I would be extremely surprised if Google did this intentionally.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
Yet, Apple has never done this...

How could Apple have done this? Apples cannot pee. :)

Also if they did it, they'd probably misplace the icons in the middle of an ocean or something so nobody would see them anyway. :)

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Does apple have the same support where someone could go in and create these images as with Google? I would expect that Apple reviews things like with the app store so that even if they do have this ability, graffitti geting past Apple would be more difficult.

The real question is if Google will do anything about this like hunting down the culprit and punishing them in some way.

My guess is no, because based on the location of these things, I am guessing the culprit is a country where google will have little ability to do anything (unless they send a drone of course).

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Does apple have the same support where someone could go in and create these images as with Google? I would expect that Apple reviews things like with the app store so that even if they do have this ability, graffitti geting past Apple would be more difficult.

The real question is if Google will do anything about this like hunting down the culprit and punishing them in some way.

My guess is no, because based on the location of these things, I am guessing the culprit is a country where google will have little ability to do anything (unless they send a drone of course).

What kind of punishment would you suggest? The only one that seems likely would be that they lose the ability to update mapmaker in the future.

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
Because Apple and Apple fanboys don't do it. I don't know of a single instance ever. Android fanboys however, are quite the violent bunch. I work with a bunch of android fanboys. It's amazing what crap comes out of their mouth.

I'll talk about something apple and then some jackass pipes up about how Apple people are very vocal about their products meanwhile just 1 hour earlier he was vocalizing about how he's getting the samsung galaxy iphone ripoff.

Other times these android fanboys talk about how their phone isn't working. Or how it has this cool feature that apple doesn't have. I'm like apple has that feature and you're a no different than apple fanboys.

It's almost like android fanboys are oblivious that they're fanboys and they react exactly the same as apple fanboys; except, that they assault and bully people that use apple products.

It's a very strange psychosis.

----------

Ya but I'd argue that that is classy way to make fun right?

Urinating on anything is a cultural insult in every single place on the planet.

I simply ignore those types of Android users. They can brag about their better specs all they want. It means nothing. Their battery life sucks too. They've told me first hand.

Software efficiency is so much better on iOS. So is enterprise support and security with MDM. That's why corporate America uses iOS/BB over Android.

Until Google pushes the Android platform to be more secure and scrutinize developers and users like Apple does, it will never be more than a budget-phone OS. That's probably why their fanboys are so uptight. They know their OS is a "toy".

Sure, iOS has its problems. Sure it lacks the latest and greatest features.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
What kind of punishment would you suggest? The only one that seems likely would be that they lose the ability to update mapmaker in the future.

My sugestion is to give them a facebook or amazon android phone and the amazon android tablet and and one of the android watches. Take everything else away and force them to live their lives with that junk for a year.

:D

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
My sugestion is to give them a facebook or amazon android phone and the amazon android tablet and and one of the android watches. Take everything else away and force them to live their lives with that junk for a year.

:D

Well if they "hate" apple so much - maybe it's the reverse - force them to use Apple products

rickdollar

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2007
Zzzzzzzz.

A graphic of a brand being peed on. How original. Didn't that play itself out in the 90's?

What's next? "Baby on board" signs in the back window of cars?

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Well if they "hate" apple so much - maybe it's the reverse - force them to use Apple products

I thought of that, but my thought here was to force them to work on really bad android products for a year. After the year they will hate it so much that they will want to switch to apple. Giving them apple products is not much of a punishment - unless it was the gen 1 for both the phone and tablet. Those are pretty slow today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.