Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGeek2014

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2014
=== Nowheresville ===
When I first had my 6 Plus I did eventually sell my iPad Mini 2 for an iPad Air 2 because I found I was using my Mini 2 less frequently.

At home it's easier to use my iPad/Mac Mini especially for websites that aren't optimised for mobile devices.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Unsightly maybe. I'm not staring at it when I drive down the road though. It's mainly if I am somewhere I am unfamiliar with. Which is not often as this car is used to get back and forth to work.

If you have any suggestions on how to modify this for a 1997 Honda Accord with no budget though we could work on the unsightly business. :)

Reactions: BigMcGuire

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
I have a big phone, but it doesn't even come close to the convenience of the iPad. It does everything that the iPhone does, and it does it much better. The phone is very useful for when I'm on the go, but whenever my iPad is around, it mostly remains unused.

M. Gustave

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2015
Grand Budapest Hotel
I am so close to selling my Air 1. It's been two weeks since I last turned it on.
This isn't a mark against the iPad, it's just proof of how good and functional the 6s+ is.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
I strongly considered doing this for a year becomes the 6 Plus was huge and the iPad had no real differentiator aside from a nice larger screen. However, I never liked the Plus' size for on the go use.

All this changed with iPad Pro and iOS 9. I take my device with a keyboard (now an ASK) to class to take notes, which is not acceptable with the iphone, I use split view and (most importantly) have the Apple Pencil.

Now the iPad has differentiated itself and can do things the iPhone can't. Now I have no issues justifying it and with an iPad for semi-mobile use, I went with an iPhone SE for super mobility and ease of use.

I wonder what the next iPad Pro will bring us. I'm already saving up for it.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
Sold my iPad and not looking back. I use my 6S Plus for almost everything now. Very infrequently do I need my laptop.

The iPad became very redundant after the plus model came out. And because it lacks some of the apps I can only use on the iPhone, I had to ditch it.

Reactions: M. Gustave
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.