Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJohno418

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
California
already have, it say's it's eligible but should show covered since i bought it when i bought the watch. never got a confirmation email with a registration number for it.

You usually don't get a confirmation email. However, if you have that receipt you can talk to Apple to get it added.

Usually if purchased, it will update that website.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
You usually don't get a confirmation email. However, if you have that receipt you can talk to Apple to get it added.

Usually if purchased, it will update that website.
have a phone call appointment for them to call me later. chatted with them and they couldn't help. best buy couldn't help either. i'll wait for later today and see what they say over the phone.

iJohno418

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
California
have a phone call appointment for them to call me later. chatted with them and they couldn't help. best buy couldn't help either. i'll wait for later today and see what they say over the phone.

That's some ****** ass CS if they cannot help you :O.

I'd do this:

"If you believe the information shown for your product is incorrect, you can submit your proof of purchase onlineOpens in a new window. Your sales receipt is needed for Apple's Limited warranty, AppleCare Protection Plan, and AppleCare+ validation, so be sure to keep it in a safe place. Apple's Limited warranty is the same whether or not you register."

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
yeah i know, frustrating they couldn't help me via chat. some type of admin department with applecare needs to help me. hopefully they get this sorted out.

Poliscidoc

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2016
GA
So I just called bestbuy to check the status of my order because I had a "promised by date" of september 28th. The customer service agent told me that date wasn't correct and there was nothing she could do, I couldn't speak to a manager, and to expect my watch sometime in october because bestbuy doesn't have a single apple watch series 2. I repeatedly asked for a manager but was told "hes not coming and there is nothing we can do".. During the call I get an email that my order is being shipped and called the women out for saying it wouldn't ship... So then hungup on me- not sure whether to keep the watch but buy a more expensive one somewhere else and return this one to bestbuy

iJohno418

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
California
So I just called bestbuy to check the status of my order because I had a "promised by date" of september 28th. The customer service agent told me that date wasn't correct and there was nothing she could do, I couldn't speak to a manager, and to expect my watch sometime in october because bestbuy doesn't have a single apple watch series 2. I repeatedly asked for a manager but was told "hes not coming and there is nothing we can do".. During the call I get an email that my order is being shipped and called the women out for saying it wouldn't ship... So then hungup on me- not sure whether to keep the watch but buy a more expensive one somewhere else and return this one to bestbuy

Best Buy CS is a bunch of bull anyways.

On a note, those who got it "SHIPPED" via USPS. If you sign up for the USPS dashboard thing, does your shipping say:

Shipped From: /UPS MAIL INNOVATIONS ???

Reactions: Craiguyver

iJohno418

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
California
Going off of a lot of people in the past pages; it seems that USPS has taken the privilege to deliver on-time.

If that's the case, I hope my tracking history on my USPS page is correct and this is for my watch:

Shipped From:
/UPS MAIL INNOVATIONS

September 26, 2016
4:58 pm Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item

11:00 am Picked Up by Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item

Postal Product Features
Parcel Select Lightweight

BB has yet to update their progress; however, this is the only package i know that's coming :|

dangkhoahuynh

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2016
Hahaha what a load of **** on Best Buy's part. I feel sorry you had to deal with that. I'm glad it changed to shipped for you though!

Reactions: Craiguyver

DiamondGCoupe

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2007

Order one from abt or bhphoto, no sales tax. Wear the one from BB until the other one arrives and return it, let them sell it for a discounted price because it's the worst place to buy anything.

MisterDisney

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
Finally contacted BestBuy CS, this morning. Two hours later and I get a text saying it's shipped via Ontrac.

PCtoMAC1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
did any of you guys order AppleCare+ when you bought your watch? does it show active on apple's website?
I ordered AppleCare+ shortly after I ordered my watch (I added it to my order). I received an email from Best Buy after my watch shipped with my AppleCare+ registration number and the Watch's serial number. I had to call Apple to register it, as I had trouble doing it myself. It turned out that my name was registered to the AppleCare+ plan, though BB put their address instead of mine.

AccPy

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2016
FL
It would've been faster for me to have driven to Ohio and picked it up from Florida rather than waiting on UPS...it took them 72 hours to make a 13 hour drive to the hub and now it's been two hours away since yesterday afternoon at like 5pm...could've easily gotten it today if they weren't so slow

Reactions: Poliscidoc

JCFIVE2

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2016
So mine just shipped...

I got an OnTrac Tracking number.

Anyone else?

I hate OnTrac well in my area...they tend to leave stuff out in the open or in the bushes.

When they know we have a front office.

They once left an 3tb External Drive from Amazon in front of my Garage...where other cars drive through.

So I am praying they give it to the front desk.

iJohno418

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
California
So mine just shipped...

I got an OnTrac Tracking number.

Anyone else?

I hate OnTrac well in my area...they tend to leave stuff out in the open or in the bushes.

When they know we have a front office.

They once left an 3tb External Drive from Amazon in front of my Garage...where other cars drive through.

So I am praying they give it to the front desk.

Yeah I got ontrac as well :| GREAT! :|

lopexo

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2009
Sacramento, CA
Ordered 9/12 and I'm also stuck on preparing for shipment since Friday. At this point might as well cancel this bestbuy crap and order from B&H tax free (California)

...and just like that I get a shipping confirmation with an overnight delivery via FedEx. I guess I will be getting mine tomorrow after all.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
I ordered AppleCare+ shortly after I ordered my watch (I added it to my order). I received an email from Best Buy after my watch shipped with my AppleCare+ registration number and the Watch's serial number. I had to call Apple to register it, as I had trouble doing it myself. It turned out that my name was registered to the AppleCare+ plan, though BB put their address instead of mine.

talked to someone on the phone. he was not aware of AC+ not showing up but got confirmation from someone else that when a 3rd party sells AC+, it takes the system a little while for it to show on apple's systems. he said AC+ is honored since i have proof of receipt in case anything goes wrong and need to use AC+ while their system doesn't show it yet. could take a few weeks at times he said but he will monitor it and call back if nothing shows after 30 days.

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
My shipping Notification came a few hours ago with a UPS tracking #, not picked up yet. I ordered a SS Milanese on 9/22/16. I will be happy if I get it by Friday. Not sure what warehouse it is coming from.

iJohno418

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2016
California
My shipping Notification came a few hours ago with a UPS tracking #, not picked up yet. I ordered a SS Milanese on 9/22/16. I will be happy if I get it by Friday. Not sure what warehouse it is coming from.

Most likely, you will get it tomorrow.

A lot of us received 1day/overnight delivery services.

I won't be surprised if yours is that case as well.

Poliscidoc

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2016
GA
UPS just picked up my watch and the Best Buy warehouse is literally less than 90 miles from my house. So why in the hell was it preparing for shipping for 5 days. Ughhhh

eXMomoj

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
UPS just picked up my watch and the Best Buy warehouse is literally less than 90 miles from my house. So why in the hell was it preparing for shipping for 5 days. Ughhhh

It appears they were trying to get all the deliveries to come in no earlier than the 28th. Mine actually came in today because UPS dropped it off early enough at the post office that they just decided to deliver it anyway.

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Mine came *fast* - moved to 'preparing' on Sunday, then shipped on Monday ... had it today when I got home. Love it.

Thanks Best Buy - 1.5 week delay, $50 already used, everything else is fine.

Reactions: RogerKmilw
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.