Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

damnyooneek

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2005
you need a lot of patience putting it on and it feels rubbery when its on. also lint and dust will start to stick to the edges.

ano0oj

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2010
I got it put on at the mall the day I got it. I love the feel of invisible shield, gives you a better grip on the phone. If it even starts to feel, lifetime warranty takes care of it. I highly recommend it if you hate cases like me

globol

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2009
Cheap feel, Ugly, sticky feeling. Worst than a couch wrapped in plastic at some old cat lady's house....

solius

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
Decatur AL
Best one out. I have had one on ever iphone ive had and never had a problem with mine. lifetime warranty through zagg is a plus. Id say go for it. Never regretted any of my purchases through them.

Heres a link to some pics of mine with it on.
http://urlot.com/2bdada

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I used to do zagg and now do best skin ever (basically the same thing). I strongly recommend either. Best way out there to not change the phone's look or size and still get scratch protection. It really is invisible, it helps with the antenna issue, and it's extremely easy to put on the iPhone 4 (was a lot harder on older models). Personally I don't shield the screen because I love the naked feel, but either way, do it!

yezzimbakk

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2010
Im sure half the people that say the invisible shield... well, has never actually had it. I had mine for about a month (had to make a hard desician whether or not to take it off because my new carbon fiber case came in) and I have to say I loved it. Mind you I only used the back and chrome pieces as I already have a 180 degree face cover protection. ORange peel effect is so minor its almost nonexistant after a day or two. It feels hella good to hold your phone without any cases and even though I love my carbon fiber, I miss the invisible shield combo. I have not gotten a new IS yet (you are gauranteed for life) but will do so soon. WIll prolly use it again since I love to switch it up on the daily.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
None, outside of the fact they suck.

But hey, you can get great discounts! :rolleyes:

Poochi

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2010
Toronto
If you love orange...

If you love orange, this shield is for you. Reminds me of orange all the time.

Better yet, after 6months, it starts to turn more and more into an orange.

Orange Peel anyone? Oh by the way, it will take about 1 year before it truly becomes an orange. You need some patience. I suggest picking up an orange from a grocery store instead.

Lol. In all seriousness, I much rather prefer PowerSupport Crystal (static dry application, you can hardly tell a screen protector's there) over invisible shield. :p

AC202

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2010
Definitely the worst film out there, maybe there's a reason why they seem to be the one always with coupon codes. You won't go wrong with either Power Support or SGP. But if price is really a concern, Best Skins Ever would be my choice for a lower-end film.

SydneyJunkie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Thanx for the replies

Currently I still have the apple sticker on my phone and it's great but it blocks the camera

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
If you want a protective shield, there are a bunch of companies better than Zagg: Wrapsol and Ghost Armor are of the best of them. Neither have any orange peel effect to speak of either.

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
It's a weird ripple effect on the film that makes your screen look and feel like an orange peel.

LAS22

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2008
like your name, it's Junkie. i wouldn't put it on even if I got it for free.

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
Rubbery and feels like a cheap phone when it's on. Power support feels like glass when it's on which is awesome.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
i hate the orange peel look go with bodyguards they came out great Check out how well my bodyguards came out and they came with 2 sets insted of one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-nwN8A1lug

Bodyguardz are exactly the same as IS. I have IS on the front and Bodyguardz on the back. Orange peel is the same. It's in the video too if you run it at 720P and stop it at the right time. Doesn't really bother me but it is the same as the IS. No difference!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.