Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
ok so any alternatives I can find at bestbuy?

Check the Best Buy site.

It's demoralizing finding out the problems people are having with many of the skin makers. This forum has threads detailing so many quality control and service issues.

I'm giving SGP a try, but only from buying on Amazon, which has proven to take care of customer complaints in a good way. I'm waiting for a set shipped free.

Jashmid

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
Your title should read "any pros..." not cons. You're better off getting a 99c film off eBay.

notez2id

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2010
I got the full body shield version, only put the back and side pieces on.
Too much orange peel look. I went out and got the Power Support clear
for the front and it looks great. I'm sure the invisible shield is probably tougher so I will be leaving it on the back. Also BestBuy is stilll giving the Invisible shield side protection away for free, picked up a set no questions asked didn't even asked me if I purchased the phone from them, although I had my rewards card with me.

bilbo--baggins

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2006
UK
I removed the Zagg InvisibleShield because the surface feels slightly tacky and when you try to scroll your finger doesn't glide across it smoothly.

Currently I'm using the screen protector that came with my SwitchEasy Colors case - much easier to apply or even to remove and reapply, and I gather that isn't the best screen protector but still much nicer than the Zagg.

I got dust under the InvisibleShield when applying it, and same with the SwitchEasy. The difference was that I could remove, wash, and reapply the SwitchEasy ones - whereas the InvisibleShield I gather once it's cured cannot be reapplied.

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ
Zagg is crap and pretty much useless for anything other than the back of the device.

zelkor

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2010
Many cons. It sucks.

Agreed. Totally useless except for the back of the device. See my post about how it doesn't help the antenna issue at all :

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/993618/

Basically, the membrane isn't large enough to cover the antenna. Therefore, your skin touches and doesn't help at all.

mkelly2115

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2010
State College, PA
like the majority has informed you don't waste your time. I had it on my 3gs and it got worse day by day with lint, dirt, etc. Tried it on my ip4, and same thing. I cant wait for my RA to get rid of it. Go with SGP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.