Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vaibhavmeswani

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2012
hi

Sounds like you're not doing something right and your phone doesnt deactivate.
Try restoring or deactivating it again with redsnow.
You're supposed to be on the welcome screen with connect to itunes.
Then leave your sim in and plug it to itunes to activate it and you will get the message.

hi mate , i did what you told and i have the itunes welcome screen on mobile but nothing is happning , when l slide to unlock it is asking me some emergency number .. and message

SIM Failure
Insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate phone

what to do now ?

dsquared81

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2010
Orange County
Just finished up a chat to get my 4s unlock. Really quick again, no questions, just the IMEI and none about how I obtained it or purchased it and a case was submitted. They told me about 5-7 days. We'll see.

JAMS2

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2012
Went through the process but never got the "Congratulations" message... seems to be unlocked though. I popped in my Verizon card and it gave me a choice of AT&T or T-Mobile as Carriers. AT&T said they had sent the release to Apple. Apple said it shows unlocked in their system but I never did get the "Congrats" message. No one seems to know why; not even a senior tech at Apple.

vaibhavmeswani

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2012
please help me what should i do , i see disk on screen with usb wire image ( connect to itunes image ) but a message

SIM Failure

Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iphone

vaibhavmeswani

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2012
so what should i do now to get the normal screen , till now it was there ... i was using gevey sim and with that also phone was working normal ..

how to get rid of this screen and message?

vaibhavmeswani

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2012
i am just scared about what happend thats why its 4 in the morning and i am not sleeping

----------

17th they told

----------

was was working fine till now , i am using from 1 year using that geavy but was just trying the steps mentioned in this post and got stuck

i also updated itune but didnt work

vaibhavmeswani

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2012
if i keep like this my phone and if suppose i get mail from them then if i conntect to itunes then this screen will go ?

I dont know how to jailbreak also ..

someone did for me when i bought ...

KoG506

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
Ohio
So I told you guys that my iphone was unlock yesterday, I have the Baseband 6.15.. BEFORE the unlock, when I log on to icloud.com it could NEVER locate my 3GS. AFTER the unlock (through AT&T) it can locate my 3GS! :D :apple:

----------

if i keep like this my phone and if suppose i get mail from them then if i conntect to itunes then this screen will go ?

I dont know how to jailbreak also ..

someone did for me when i bought ...

I'm sorry, I'm not understanding what you are trying to say. but you have to deactivate the iphone first (through SAM{Cydia/jailbreak} or restore) in order to get the unlock screen and IF AT&T/APPLE complete the unlock process.

vaibhavmeswani

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2012
ok i did that deactivation and all , i did restart or that dfu mode not sure but now i am stuck with message that SIM Filure and USB wire and DIsk image and this message

SIM Failure

----------

not getting what to do now .. how to solve this i am using the phone from 1 year , i dont know how to jailbreak and all but some one did for me so i was having cidya and all , today was trying about that unlock steps to check its unlocked or not and got stucked here

date given to me is 17th

KoG506

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
Ohio
ok i did that deactivation and all , i did restart or that dfu mode not sure but now i am stuck with message that SIM Filure and USB wire and DIsk image and this message

SIM Failure

----------

not getting what to do now .. how to solve this i am using the phone from 1 year , i dont know how to jailbreak and all but some one did for me so i was having cidya and all , today was trying about that unlock steps to check its unlocked or not and got stucked here

date given to me is 17th

it is NOT unlocked yet.

Wait until the 17th to deactivate/restore your iphone or try calling AT&T again.

vaibhavmeswani

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2012
if i get mail from them then i can do restore to that 5.1 message which i am getting when we connect to itunes ?

and if i dont get any mail then if i call at&t then they can help solving this ? if yes may i know how ?

KoG506

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
Ohio
if i get mail from them then i can do restore to that 5.1 message which i am getting when we connect to itunes ?

and if i dont get any mail then if i call at&t then they can help solving this ? if yes may i know how ?

If you get email from them you can updrade/restore to 5.1. or you can deactivate your phone via SAM if you are jailbroken. and if you dont get email from them contact them again.

vaibhavmeswani

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2012
If you get email from them you can updrade/restore to 5.1. or you can deactivate your phone via SAM if you are jailbroken. and if you dont get email from them contact them again.

phone was jailbroken but now i am stuck at that connect itune screen , if i dont get screen with icons then how will i deactive my phone with sam ?

SAM one simcard type icon which it have that one right ?

KoG506

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
Ohio
What's the sources and packages for SAM and how do you use it?

Add http://repo.bingner.com as a repo in Cydia

make sure it is not connected to the PC
go into your main SAM setting. then turn off (hacktivate option) then go into the "more" ult. and choose the "de activate iphone" then choose the "deactivate iphone (clear Push)". go back to the main SAM settings menu and choose the "more information" it should say that the iphone is unactivated. connect the iphone into the computer.

----------

phone was jailbroken but now i am stuck at that connect itune screen , if i dont get screen with icons then how will i deactive my phone with sam ?

SAM one simcard type icon which it have that one right ?

You can jailbreak with redsn0w. but you wont be able to unlock the iphone through ultrasnow. unless you saved the shsh blob of you iphone 3GS, restore it back to 5.0.1 and download the ultrasn0w. or if you have iphone 4, there's no way to unlock it because you baseband is too high (only way is through AT&T).

SAM is NOT a sim card. its an app/software on iphone that can be downloaded on jailbroken iphones.

tonie

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2008

go into your main SAM setting. then turn off (hacktivate option) then go into the "more" ult. and choose the "de activate iphone" then choose the "deactivate iphone (clear Push)". go back to the main SAM settings menu and choose the "more information" it should say that the iphone is unactivated. connect the iphone into the computer.

----------

You can jailbreak with redsn0w. but you wont be able to unlock the iphone through ultrasnow. unless you saved the shsh blob of you iphone 3GS, restore it back to 5.0.1 and download the ultrasn0w. or if you have iphone 4, there's no way to unlock it because you baseband is too high (only way is through AT&T).

SAM is NOT a sim card. its an app/software on iphone that can be downloaded on jailbroken iphones.

I don't see hacktivate option. Redsnow was working fine until I installed SAM.

vaibhavmeswani

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2012
Jaibreaking will get me out of this message and screen right ? i have geavy sim to use which i am using from 1 year..

i was on 4.1 and basband 2.10.04

jailbreaking will not change this version and all right ?

by the way thank you guys for all this help you guys doing me ..

----------

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.