Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abraxsis

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2003
Kentucky
dang dude, that sucks. but there isnt alot you can do about it. Might as well enjoy the laptop. the first thing Im doing with mine is insuring it. It only costs about 120.00/year, with no pro-rating or depreciating. anything happens, they cut you a check ... period

Paperstreet

macrumors member
How are you insuring it? Through your homeowners or renters insurance? I wonder if I can insure it in a few months from now to protect against future damages? Let me know about this, please.

Thanks.

Other than that, this thing rocks. I DO love it.
\

Abraxsis

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2003
Kentucky
there is a company that does nothing but that. cant remember the name right off but if you google for "laptop insurance" its one of the top hits

doubting_me

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2003
To fix

As a side note I have laptop insurance through my renter's insurance (an extra $60 a year through USAA) which is the full blown coverage: I can drop it. I can run it over with my car, so long as it was an accident I get exactly what I paid for it.

I think Apple will still have to fix the wobble and the screen wobble. You should (through persistency) be able to convince them that the wobble was there before the drop (which their own internal documents acknowledge is a problem) and at least get two out of the three problems fixed by Apple.

Other than that, the scratch just makes it look like it is a machine that is used and loved. I understand how you feel as similar things have happened to me, but it will fade...

Slow start-up time huh? Did you time it? Slow compared to what?

At least it isn't a hot, loved machine. Just loved :D.

neonart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2002
Near a Mac since 1993.
I GOT IT!

Well, our 12" came in today! It's fantastic! I only used it a little and it felt very quick and didn't even get warm.

I'm going to format and partition the HD, reinstall stuff the lean way, update everything and run permissions repairs once I'm done. I'll let you know how things turn out later.

mdman

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2002
Orange County
Just got my 12" today!

I just got my pb today, 12" combo drive, 256 Ram, with 60 gig HD.

This is my 2nd mac, my first was an ibook 600mhz. My first impressions are mostly positive.

The speed is great. Much faster than my old ibook. The only thing I've noticed, is that when sitting on a flat surface that it tilts a bit, like the pads on the bottom aren't the same height. I could also see the apple logo behind the display when it's turned off, which I never noticed with my ibook, and there was a small nick in the plastic, D'oh :eek:

The left side does run hot/warm. But I don't really think it was that much warmer than on my ibook. Also the screen seems very crisp and bright, and flawless! It's really a great little machine!!

I ordered my pb at the end of September, and it arrived today the 3rd. I ordered through the Apple Education Store, so I don't know if I got mine faster because I was an education user. Although I ordered a 20 gig ipod at the same time, and I've yet to get it. Airborne's the worst. They are not sure where it is, either still in China or in Chicago in customs. So I'm hoping I see that sometime soon. Anyone else who ordered an ipod with there pb have problems getting it yet?

Cheers :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.