Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Not sick of it, though I am a Mac user of just 2 years. I'm in Windows now and I feel very dirty. I've set the graphics options to be like Windows 98/2000. Sick of XP's look and I don't want to waste resources to change that.

Though I am excited to see what Apple has up their sleeves.

shogokuma

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2006
New-Brunswick
I love aqua, i installed windows xp on my imac also, the xp style is kinda plain BUT the media center version "theme" is pretty slick, a little more shiny. so thats what i did I got the media center theme skin looks nice.

But i still love osx aqua better hihi looks so neat.:D

Swarmlord

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2006
I love the look of it. I think it looks a lot better than any of the alternatives out there.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
There has been times where I'd like a Shapeshifter Theme and then after about a few hours of using it... my eyes would get sort of fatigued and I couldn't use it anymore... or I'd notice something that really clashed with an Application or something or maybe something would look out of place. At least with Aqua... EVERYTHING is gonna match such as icons and 3rd party Apps. I wish Apple would stop integrating new UI elements into their Apps as embedded things like almost all of the iApps.

What's the deal with that? That means that themers, have to theme all of these Apps as well as the actual OS. Why don't they just use the GUI elements from the OS rather than building them into each Application?
</small rant>

Anyways... Aqua seems to do the job, I just need a refreshing interface for a refreshing year and an advanced new operating system... AKA: Leopard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.