Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FirstNTenderbit

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2013
Atlanta
I'd rather have recomendations from people I follow on Twitter rather than blind advertising, or the 'genius' feature.

Either you or I misread the post. Nothing in the post says anything about who you follow. The supposition is it could be used to suggest recommendations based on what's trending on Twitter, not your personal Twitter feed.

In other words, blind advertising.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
There is speculation that the purchase has nothing to do with twitter or social networking in any capacity. But the underlying technology - which is search. There are some "experts" out there that believe this is the first/next step for Apple to create a search layer to the web in iOS to remove dependency on Google.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
That be allot of money... *cha-ching*

Glad i don't either iTunes Radio or any social networking for this very reason.....

Apple only trends recommendations, for now yes..

but wait.....there's more :p

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
He has no clue. He is just buying everything he can put his arms on hoping that this will spur growth but it ain't happening.

yes, the veteran apple executive and CEO of the most successful tech firm in the history of the planet with the #1 selling single handset and tablet, collecting the lions share of profit in both mobile and PC markets has no idea what he's doing. just flailing about.

meanwhile...youre some guy reading MR for kicks.

seriously tho -- you have no idea what you're talking about. comparatively, apple acquires very few companies.

Reactions: I7guy

cclloyd

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2011
Alpha Centauri A
I hope they don't turn into Google. I like that Apple products aren't constantly trying to make me "use my full name".

----------

It would need to be filtered by gender, age, and IQ. But then we'd still be stuck with football games :mad: Unless you're not American and mean the kind of football that you play with your foot. Then I wouldn't be mad.

Sorry. I meant handegg. I dislike sports in general either way.

mdelvecchio

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2010
People aren't algorithms, you wasted your money Apple.

ah, the armchair CEOs are out....of course apple is doing it all wrong. all wrong, right to the bank....most successful tech firm in the history of the planet, and they're doing it all wrong! oh dears.

Reactions: I7guy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2013
Hyrule
ah, the armchair CEOs are out....of course apple is doing it all wrong. all wrong, right to the bank....most successful tech firm in the history of the planet, and they're doing it all wrong! oh dears.

Well at least I put my money on it. Just sold my shares finally. Maybe it'll be up tomorrow or the day after or the week after, but I'm not waiting for it to dive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.