Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

koban4max

macrumors 68000
Aug 23, 2011
I ordered a black 32gb Mini just over two hours ago. Utilized the Apple app for smoother (hopefully) sailing. (I still haven't gotten over my pre-order nightmare for the iPhone 5. *shudders*) I'm excited! Oh Apple, how I love thee... :D

that's right, baby, that's right...PONYUP your money from that wallet. :D

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
My order has shipped!

Oct 27, 2012 3:01 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
ANCHORAGE, AK

Should get here 11/1 by 4:30pm

----------

If you think you look stupid answering a phone call on the note 2 then dont buy it, you have other issues to worry about. I dont and its a great phone, absolutely love it moving from ios, but get a phone you like and if your vain get one that you look good with.

Not necessarily taking a call but holding it up to your ears. LOL! That's what the head phones are for... As i said before I generally have a positive view of Android particularly stuff from Samsung Galaxy and Google Nexus brand stuff. I think Apple absolutely made the wrong decision in suing Samsung as far as PR goes even if they were in the right. Apple just needs to innovate more rather than holding back features so they can parse out every release.

joelvega125

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
I live in the Pacific Northwest, so I'm "fortunate" with regard to the fact I'm wearing a coat much of the year. :D

But I'm curious to see if this device will fit in some of my cargo pants - it actually might, since my Kindle Keyboard does.

From the Pac NW as well. I was just wondering if the mini would fit in my jacket. I think i will be using the mini a lot more than the regular sized iPad. Much more portable and light weight.

capitalst

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2009
Does anyone know what apple is using for a reference number so we can find it on UPS 's website since apple doesn't update the shipping info right away even though it already shipped like we did with the IPhone 5 which used our cell number as the reference number? Or the ones that did get tracking info see what reference info is on the tracking info?

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
Does anyone know what apple is using for a reference number so we can find it on UPS 's website since apple doesn't update the shipping info right away even though it already shipped like we did with the IPhone 5 which used our cell number as the reference number? Or the ones that did get tracking info see what reference info is on the tracking info?

It is usually the phone number you have associated with your account.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
How can they even do a retina on the mini. They have to change the resolution and thus require every iPad app to be rewritten for the mini. Or they use the same resolution that's on the Retina iPad and that leads to a higher PPI and makes the Mini's display better than that of the full sized iPad.

It's not happening soon.

So what else will they use to wow the crowd next year? An A6 or better camera (that few use) won't cut it. It has to happen, even if that means a higher PPI than the iPad 5. The mini will become Apple's new breadwinner alongside the iPhone and Apple can't afford to leave it with a lower resolution display than the competition until 2014 just because it will "be better" than the regular iPad.

MacPioneer

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2010
I live in the Pacific Northwest, so I'm "fortunate" with regard to the fact I'm wearing a coat much of the year. :D

But I'm curious to see if this device will fit in some of my cargo pants - it actually might, since my Kindle Keyboard does.

There's an outfit called Scottevest (http://www.scottevest.com) that sells clothing with pockets to accommodate iPads. I own four of their garments, for various situations and seasons. All have many, many useful pockets in addition to the iPad pocket.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
Would be interesting to see. I actually measured up the dimensions of the Mini on a piece of paper and cut it out to see the size (sad I know :eek:), didn't try it in any pants though!

Given that they're shipping the Smart Cover right now (even though my iPad it'll be attached to won't ship for three or four weeks...), in a few days I'll be able to test the fit using the cover! :D

prowlmedia

Suspended
Jan 26, 2010
London
The Mini is the new iPad 3 enjoy it for 6 months people :rolleyes:

The thing is the iPad is a mature-ish product now. Like the iMac before it they will be updating it when sales fall off and/or new technology become available and they'll keep the same design for a fair few generations.

The iMac's had 8 new design gen's and about about 30 updates in that time.

I have the 3... for 4 months - Does it bother me. Nope. use it every day. runs everything perfectly well.

AttilaTheHun

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
USA
The thing is the iPad is a mature-ish product now. Like the iMac before it they will be updating it when sales fall off and/or new technology become available and they'll keep the same design for a fair few generations.

The iMac's had 8 new design gen's and about about 30 updates in that time.

I have the 3... for 4 months - Does it bother me. Nope. use it every day. runs everything perfectly well.

They call it business 20 years ago I used to upgread my self build PC, every few month a new processor came out then new video card then sound card
and so on
Apple don't any thing deferante

----------

Given that they're shipping the Smart Cover right now (even though my iPad it'll be attached to won't ship for three or four weeks...), in a few days I'll be able to test the fit using the cover! :D

great adea who need Romney or Obama?
now in china they start making pans with pockets size to fit the ipad mini:)

gettysburg11s

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2010
Mine is preparing for shipment

My order status says preparing for shipment. I am hoping hurricane Sandy does not slow down friday delivery. I am looking forward to reading an ebook on it next Friday.

hindmost

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2009
Why did they wait for 12 hours to start preparing shipments? They should have started immediately.

The world is round and pretty large. There is a thing called 'time zones' and many times the zone where an order is processed is where the office is closed while employees sleep. In other words, your self-centric world does not exist. Be patient.

YankeeSR23

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
New Jersey
There is shipping info for iPad minis on FedEx's site if you track by reference number and put in the phone number of the account that ordered the iPad. Mine is on it's way. Weird that iPads come by FedEx while the cover is coming by UPS.

kuwxman

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2009
Your Joking right?

6 months ago I paid £559 for my iPad 3, Apple are now selling these off as refurbs for £440 which makes mine worth about £380 I would think. So that's a loss of almost £180 in 6 months.

You think they won't upgrade the Mini to Retina + A6 next refresh? and you think you'll get back 80 - 85% for a machine with already outdated specs especially when the new retina Mini looks so good ;)

I know there's nothing wrong with the iPad 3, love mine

Mine and allot of peoples problem with this is they've devalued our machines. I was looking forward to getting the new version in a year and selling mine for a small loss to fund this (like usual). But when the iPad 5 comes out mine will be 2 generations older and I'll be competing to sell mine with others who are selling iPad 4's. Do you see?
No, he's not joking. I sold my iPad 3 a week before the iPad Mini announcement and got $475 for it. It sold for $499+tax brand new. Same thing happens with every other Apple product I've owned. Before I got married, I would upgrade my MacBook every year for ~$100 due to people paying almost new prices.

blakegentry

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2012
That's strange...

There is shipping info for iPad minis on FedEx's site if you track by reference number and put in the phone number of the account that ordered the iPad. Mine is on it's way. Weird that iPads come by FedEx while the cover is coming by UPS.

Because I was one of the very first pre-orders (12:01am), and Fed-Ex has nothin' for me.

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
My iPad mini has a Nov 23rd ship date. My friend ordered the same one and has a Nov 19th ship date for the LTE model. WTF!!??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.