Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dancingqueen83

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2012
macorderupdate.com is what this site should be called. We can all expect another front page article about the first people doing unboxings of their iPad minis as well.

You forgot the shipping and the out for delivery stories that precedes the unboxings.

NIKKG

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2012
Actually Apple screwing over the ipad 3 folks turned out good for me, i sold my ipad 2 16 GB wifi i bought on sale from Microcenter for $339 when they ran a clearance sale + coupon 6 months ago for 380 yesterday +14.99 shipping on ebay. Than i used that money to get the ipad 3 refurb from Apple for 379. So its like a free upgrade to retina display. I was gonna get the ipad 4 but its not worth the price especially when they'll probably come out with a lighter and thinner ipad 5 in March.

tmarks11

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
It wouldn't shock me if the retina model comes out in March. I got new glasses. I need retina displays now.

How can they even do a retina on the mini. They have to change the resolution and thus require every iPad app to be rewritten for the mini. Or they use the same resolution that's on the Retina iPad and that leads to a higher PPI and makes the Mini's display better than that of the full sized iPad.

It's not happening soon.

DudeDad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2009
Smart cover shipped by UPS (pre-sig is on the door)
Black 32 GB wifi for my wife is in preparation

Of course, the East coast of the US is getting a visitor Monday into Tuesday. Her name is Sandy and she's a bitch. (My new Mac Mini is due on 11/1 and the 16GB of RAM from Crucial ($82.00) is due on Tuesday afternoon...yeah, right)

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Just 12 hours after iPad mini pre-orders went live, Apple has already begun preparing some of those first orders for shipment. The status reflects the final step before the packages are handed off to delivery companies.

makes sense. Those companies would pick up the orders on Monday to head out with them and make sure they have them to the customers by Friday. So preparing them this weekend would be in order.

----------

macorderupdate.com is what this site should be called. We can all expect another front page article about the first people doing unboxings of their iPad minis as well.

If you don't like the site or the article, don't read it.

Problem solved.

----------

good luck using it WITHOUT iTunes 11 being released !!!

There is no rule that says that there must be a new version of iTunes for new hardware. In fact there have been cases where there is not.

it does seem likely that iTunes 11 and iOS 6.0.1 could come together, probably around tuesday or Wednesday of next week. but it isn't a requirement for the iPad Mini unless Apple makes it so and they might not

----------

I can imagine all those workers ripping the insides out of an old dated iPad 2 and putting them into the new iPad mini......Job Done!

Why would they do that when they can just use their iShrink guns for the job

----------

It would have made more sense to sell the iPad 3 at $399 and lose the iPad 2 completely giving you the mini, iPad 3, and iPad 4.

To confusing. Remember the ipad 3 only has the 4g/LTE chips that work in some countries not all (ie North America for LTE and no where else). THe ipad 4 is really more like a 3.5 which adds the rest of the hardware for fuller LTE coverage.

Because the ipad 3 was pushed as an ipad with "4g" there could be confusion with folks getting it to pay less only to find out that it doesn't work in their country. the ipad 2 never had that confusion, everyone knew it was 3g only.

cprail

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2007
Received confirmation email at 12:04 Friday, still in processing ( Delivers 11/2-11/6 ). Canadian Apple Store.
It's weird how they clearly don't really follow ordering order. I wonder how they manage to do it, maybe by destination or something like that?

windon

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2008
Frankenstorm may delay delivery

Placed my order white 32gig at 3:07am and it to is prepared for shipment but think this impending Frankenstorm is going to delay delivery as they always shut down in 50MPH winds and it takes a few days to catch up on packages.

MacDarcy

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
Nice to see people's enthusiasm about receiving their minis, but I predict people will be disappointed by the screen size, relative to their iPads. I think minis will be great for new buyers, but if you already own an iPad (retina especially) I can already see the complaints about the screen being too small.

I'll welcome a new, full-sze iPad thats lighter, but when weight and portability are concerned, I take my iPhone with me. You still need to carry the mini in a backpack or briefcase (or purse), unless you carry it around by hand, due to its size. At the very least I'd have to see and hold one in person before committing to buy. Good luck to the early adopters though, I hope the minis meet your expectations.

Perhaps. But I ordered one anyway. My iPad fist gen is getting long in the tooth. I travel a lot, so I figured the mini would be ideal. If I get it, and don't like it, I can always return it. But I think it'll be fine.

I measured the dimensions, and the iPad mini will fit in my back jeans pocket...or my cargo pants leg pocket....or since it's getting colder...any of my fall/winter jacket pockets. So i think you are wrong about needing a backpack to carry it in or having to carry it by hand.

I look at the iPad mini as a large smartphone. Cause after I transfer my unlimited AT&T data plan to it, it pretty much will be! :) But the screen will be so much easier to surf the web with and edit movies I shoot with the camera than the iPhone or iPod touch I think. Plus it'll be lighter and easier to carry and shoot pictures with than the iPad is...so....perhaps it'll hit that perfect sweet spot for me.

bevo

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2002
My smart case has shipped. Due 11/1. I too am in the field of Sandy (Baltimore-region).

I ordered a 32 gb white 4g ipad 4. Still in processing mode. Delivery date of 11/26.

minivan81

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2009
My black and pink smart covers have shipped from China and have scheduled delivery for Tues, 10/30 by 1030am via UPS.

AttilaTheHun

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
USA
Received confirmation email at 12:04 Friday, still in processing ( Delivers 11/2-11/6 ). Canadian Apple Store.
It's weird how they clearly don't really follow ordering order. I wonder how they manage to do it, maybe by destination or something like that?

call your credit card and check if payment was not blocked,

RemE

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012
I ordered day1 at 12:02am PST and this is what I was sent for status;

iPad 4, Black, Verizon, Delivers Nov 26

iPad Mini, Black, Verizon, Delivers Nov 23

USB to Lightning Cable, Delivers Nov 8

SD Card to Lightning, Shipped, Delivers Nov 2

----------

Every year a new model car come out,
How old is your car? mine is 2004 and I stiil like it,
why you have to replace you 6 month old ipad?
can't you just keep useing it?

Some can't stand the thought of a better model being out there, it somehow diminishes what they have. Of course it doesn't matter, and that iPad3 would be great for years.

I like to roll mine right away as the value on tech gear drops quickly over time so it's either keep it forever or move it and move on. I do this, I use the full smart case type enclosures to keep my stuff looking like new, then use Amazon's trade-in program for top dollar returns. I moved the iPad3 for $660 which seemed good to me.

AttilaTheHun

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
USA
I ordered day1 at 12:02am PST and this is what I was sent for status;

iPad 4, Black, Verizon, Delivers Nov 26

iPad Mini, Black, Verizon, Delivers Nov 23

USB to Lightning Cable, Delivers Nov 8

SD Card to Lightning, Shipped, Delivers Nov 2

----------

Some can't stand the thought of a better model being out there, it somehow diminishes what they have. Of course it doesn't matter, and that iPad3 would be great for years.

I like to roll mine right away as the value on tech gear drops quickly over time so it's either keep it forever or move it and move on. I do this, I use the full smart case type enclosures to keep my stuff looking like new, then use Amazon's trade-in program for top dollar returns. I moved the iPad3 for $660 which seemed good to me.

In this case maybe Apple should come out with a lease program, you pay a fee per month and return when new model comes out.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
I wish they made the Smart Case for the mini. I'm more worried about the back getting scratched up than the front.

the smart case is the worst crap apple every produced imo. cannot believe how it made it past quality control. i tried two and send them both back. doesnt even fit, way too loose, cheap quality with sharp edges and nearly impossible to open

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.