Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nervesareshot

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2015
Ah, gotcha. I'm in a retail store position, so I'm not entirely sure how at home advisors are trained exactly, but am positive that you guys will definitely receive the same core training that all of retail goes through. Apple Steps of Service are a large part of this training. As well as morals, ethics, values etc. as long as you strive to be great, you'll be fine. Apple picked you for a reason. A career opportunity in retail, corporate, support etc is extremely difficult considering the sheer number of applicants! Training is very relaxed, but also extremely thorough. It's less tech based (basic functions of core products are gone over) and more customer centric. Might be tweaked a little different being on the support side, but group interactions and role play was very frequent and also a fun way to break up the long training sessions. Good luck & remember to have fun!
Thanks for the information. I am already starting to research Apple Steps of Service (as I'm sure we all have lol) in order to be more prepared:) I'm really excited and hoping to move forward quickly. Thanks, again.

teenytinyteague

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2015
Do you think they would be concerned with a judgement against me (for a credit card) that will show in the court records search? Or because it's credit-related and not part of a criminal record they won't care? Obviously it's not a positive but hoping the financial issues I was having 5 years ago is not something that holds me back from moving forward with the position.:(

it won't matter, I have a judgement against me because of my ex being stupid during our divorce. it shows on my record too, but luckily they don't consider those things.

xocinnyminnyxo

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2015
Today is the day! I have my last interview :) I requested a phone interview instead of skype lol its less nerve racking to me but I may still get a Skype interview idk... I'm just so excited and I pretty already feel I got this! I don't know too many jobs where people don't make it pass the 3rd interview and don't get hired lol my background check should go very fast since I don't have any charges or anything.. I'm so ready to start in August as an Apple employee!I got this!

Reactions: nervesareshot

gedave321

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2015
Hi, I had my 3rd interview, got the offer call, and just reveived my Hireright email. Completed and submitted it. At worst I only have a speeding ticket and maybe couple seat belt tickets. All over with and taken care of.
Will this hurt me in any way? I passed this check for ATT a couple months ago. Any input????
Thank you!!

teenytinyteague

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2015
Hi, I had my 3rd interview, got the offer call, and just reveived my Hireright email. Completed and submitted it. At worst I only have a speeding ticket and maybe couple seat belt tickets. All over with and taken care of.
Will this hurt me in any way? I passed this check for ATT a couple months ago. Any input????
Thank you!!

traffic tickets aren't considered :)
congratulations! are you chat or phone?

Last edited:

Womble123

macrumors member
May 27, 2015
man they've been working on my Background since June 10th. talked to my recruiter and say's apples background team is still working on it. Hire right has been complete since the 19th "Meets company Requirements" or whatever.

has this ever happened to anyone? i told her i need to put in my 2 weeks in by today. (training would start July 20th)
Wow - did you receive an offer contingent on bgc? If you have meets standards then that is definitely strange.... I'm not sure what to suggest except another call to the recruiter if you need to give notice today.

Good luck to everyone going through the process. I'm starting on Monday, and everything is set to go. So excited :)

xocinnyminnyxo

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2015
Just finished my 3rd interview!! He said they should call in a week or 2 and if I have any questions feel free to email my recruiter and followup. I'm so excited! I can tell I did great it was only 30 mins and he said usually it lasts longer but he pretty much got the info he needed and we just chit chatted a little about what he does...

xocinnyminnyxo

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2015
Oh and I def made sure I showed empathy! And made sure I shared a time when I had to deal with a difficult situation and it was when a woman called me when I worked for dtv and I had to troubleshoot the cable box in her son's room who had just been killed... she was crying on the phone and said she couldn't go in there and it was just so sad. But I got her to complete the steps needed...I think that put the icing on the cake lol

xocinnyminnyxo

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2015
Wow - did you receive an offer contingent on bgc? If you have meets standards then that is definitely strange.... I'm not sure what to suggest except another call to the recruiter if you need to give notice today.

Good luck to everyone going through the process. I'm starting on Monday, and everything is set to go. So excited :)
Awesome! I will be starting in august. Of course I'm waiting on the offer call but I am super confident !!

shay124

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2015
I'm scheduled for my third interview, but I think that I'm going to run into some issues with my background. Both companies that I have worked for in the past has gone out of business, so I've been freelancing for the last few years. If they are calling employment, how will they be able to check mine? The businesses are no longer in business and I've been making a few dollars here and there.

argylestorm

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2015
Should have my equipment mailed before the end of the next week!! So excited to start training!!

I know it's hard cut try not to get stressed out during the process. Most bgc come out fine. And for those still interviewing, remember show empathy as much as you can!!

teenytinyteague

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2015
I'm scheduled for my third interview, but I think that I'm going to run into some issues with my background. Both companies that I have worked for in the past has gone out of business, so I've been freelancing for the last few years. If they are calling employment, how will they be able to check mine? The businesses are no longer in business and I've been making a few dollars here and there.

hireright usually gets their information from www.theworknumber.com

if they can't get the info there then you will probably have to dig up old w-2s or paychecks.

Womble123

macrumors member
May 27, 2015
I can't wait to get mine! my class starts July 27, how long before class does it come?

Mine arrived a couple of days ago, and I start on Monday. I've read some people get theirs the weekend before they start but normally I believe it's the week beforehand. Also... They tell you not to open it until you're given the go ahead ... I received an email on how to set it all up which I was so happy to get because for a whole day it was sitting there on my desk taunting me lol

Reactions: teenytinyteague
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.