Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipadmania002

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
Let us know what happens if they reply to the email. I don't want to sound down but the last person who sent a follow up email got a rejection letter right after. I can't remember if they were applying through Apple or Kelly Services though. :(

I think I remember that person as well, but the person was NOT on the BGC stage right?:confused:

----------

Gaps are no big deal as long as you can explain. You may get a call to ask about it once they get the background check back you may not

Thanks macrobatt, AG.
I guess one less thing to worry. I can explain to them how I much I needed to take the break...lol well I guess the important part is that I wanst like fired for cause. :cool:

macrobatt

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2012
I think I remember that person as well, but person was NOT on the BGC stage right?:confused:

The biggest thing to remember at the BGC stage its out of your hands following up will not do any thing at this point. If they need any additional info they will reach out to you. this process takes a while and has a lot of moving parts. If you get to the background check they have seen something they like otherwise they wouldn't spend the money on the check. I know its tough just sit back relax and try to focus on something else. I know the waiting sucks but it will be over soon enough.:)

jen2k13

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2013
Let us know what happens if they reply to the email. I don't want to sound down but the last person who sent a follow up email got a rejection letter right after. I can't remember if they were applying through Apple or Kelly Services though. :(

i'll let you guys know...and yea that person was through kelly and hadnt made it to the background check...

----------

thinking about doing that aswell to tell ya no news is good so far but why keep a person waiting

----------

I think I will do same thing let me know how it turns out and I will tell you mine

will do mate...however, i know they are not gonna respond to it lol

Kpsayz

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2013
Just received a call that I'm in!!! :)

Hey Applers! I just received a call from Apple and they informed me that I am hired!!! This is for a student Apple AHA position.

My timeline:
November last week: campus orientation session. Filled online AHA app. Submitted my information and resume.

December second week: got online questionnaire (6 questions)

January last week: attended an ONLINE virtual session (did not know if I was REQUIRED to attend it or not. But I received an email so I just attended).

February first week: email with an interview invitation ("Schedule an Apple interview"). Email also mentioned that I will receive an official employment application which is different than the previous application I filled at the beginning. I received the OFFICIAL APPLE JOB APPLICATION after 3 days of scheduling my interview.

February second week: interview!!! It was good and was Facetimed. Very nice and easy going interviewer. All interview questions which are mentioned in this forum.

February third week: background check request after 3 days of interview. BRC completed successfully after 4 days of submission. I submitted request the same day I receive BRC request email.

Today: call from Apple!!! I have been hired. After 8 days of my successful BRC. Training starts in May after school session is over. The recruiter was very nice and explained all the details about job and about salary offer. Also said to receive official offer letter by the end of the day. And then I will be taken care off by another department within APPLE.

Thanks to all those who posted their valuable experiences. It surely helped a lot.

Good luck to those who are waiting. There is hope! Don't give up. Cheers! :)

Jaylynn20

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2013
Hey Applers! I just received a call from Apple and they informed me that I am hired!!! This is for a student Apple AHA position.

My timeline:
November last week: campus orientation session. Filled online AHA app. Submitted my information and resume.

January last week: attended an ONLINE virtual session (did not know if I was REQUIRED to attend it or not. But I received an email so I just attended).

February first week: email with an interview invitation ("Schedule an Apple interview"). Email also mentioned that I will receive an official employment application which is different than the previous application I filled at the beginning. I received the OFFICIAL APPLE JOB APPLICATION after 3 days of scheduling my interview.

February second week: interview!!! It was good and was Facetimed. Very nice and easy going interviewer. All interview questions which are mentioned in this forum.

February third week: background check request after 3 days of interview. BRC completed successfully after 4 days of submission. I submitted request the same day I receive BRC request email.

Today: call from Apple!!! I have been hired. After 8 days of my successful BRC. Training starts in May after school session is over. The recruiter was very nice and explained all the details about job and about salary offer. Also said to receive official offer letter by the end of the day. And then I will be taken care off by another department within APPLE.

Thanks to all those who posted their valuable experiences. It surely helped a lot.

Congrats!! I'm now giving my phone the stink eye waiting and hoping it will ring.

Jazziegirl14

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2013
Hello,

I am applying for an at home advisor position for students, and I don't have the required minimum GPA. Does anyone know if I still have a chance of being considered? I meet all the other requirements except the gpa. I'm at a 2.69 so I'm close.

jbl837

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2013

My timeline:

Congrats! I have a similar timeline, BRC was completed 8 business days ago but I'm still anxiously waiting. What University do you attend?

ashloho

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2012
Just got the call an hour ago offering me the job!! Had sent in my background check 9 days ago which I got 3 days after my Skype interview.

Good luck to the rest of you! So hyped.

DirtyHobo

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2013
Just got the call an hour ago offering me the job!! Had sent in my background check 9 days ago which I got 3 days after my Skype interview.

Good luck to the rest of you! So hyped.

College AHA or non-college?

Last edited:

lantabiker

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2012
CPU typically gets more tech support related issues and we get more of the vanilla customer service stuff like repairs and iTunes accounts. The iOS queue is customer service NOT tech support. You'd need a CPU rep to give you a better idea of what kind of problem cx's they get.

CPU here reporting in:
Our calls range all over the place, including iTunes accounts and AppleIDs.
We also get the newbies who have never seen an apple in the top left corner.

But we also get the die-hard Mac users from 1960, always used a Mac, know
everthing about the Mac and can tell us a few things about the Mac you
young whipper snappers.

Our technical skills are challenged with migrating from another Mac and all
the data didn't come over. Permission issues. Mail stopped working and I'm
on a deadline. Safari won't let me surf anymore, but Google Chrome does.
My Microsoft Office Suite quit working on my Mac. Help me. I downloaded
this 3rd party software that is suppose to do something, but it doesn't,
so help me get rid of it. My Android phone won't sync in iTunes. I used
to have clip art in Word, where is the clip art on the Mac? My Time Machine
backups have not ran in 3 months? How come? My Mac is slow, fix it. I
just bought a Logitech wireless mouse, make it work. I have an iTunes
account, my daughter has an account, my son has an account and our dog
has an account. How can we all share the same music on our 4 Macs? This
Mac doesn't have a DVD drive, but our company just sent us new software
on a DVD. How am I suppose to get it loaded? My Mac was stolen. Help me
find who has it and get it back. My iTunes account was hacked, help me.
My Mac crashed, I can't find the original DVDs to reload it. Can you send
me a new set? I just got my @!#%$# Mac back from the @!#%$% shop
and it still @#$%@#$ does not #@$!@#$ work. Make me happy!

But my personal favorite is...

"Hi. Thanks for contacting the CPU group at Apple. How may I assist?"

"Yes. How do I play music on my iPhone?"

"One second little young person. I've got an Angry Gerbil that can help you.
Let me transfer you to that group."

swain.lafaye

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2013

My timeline:

Thats so great! Congrats!!!!

Last edited:

TeeLee

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2013
Hi, guys!

Just finished my 3rd interview with a team manager. Turns out that I'm up for a position in CPU (sorry, AG) part-time, of course. As has been stated repeatedly, the call was very easy-going and comfortable. I will try to lay out as much as I can remember from the interview.

Firstly, for those uncomfortable looking someone in the eye during an interview, he had me turn off the video during my Skype call (after initial introductions were made). It actually helped me stay focused. :) He went through the different details/requirements of the job, making sure I could provide all the necessary things & commit the time needed. Next, we really talked a lot about how my previous job experience & technical knowledge could be useful in the AHA position. (What were the challenges you found with working from home? What do you find is the most important part of customer service? How do/did you deal with difficult or irate customers? What sort of things have you taught yourself regarding tech support? Have you been in a call center environment before?)
Then we discussed a little about what it would be like to transfer my PC knowledge over to Mac's OS. He actually gave me some helpful info to prepare for the change.
Oddly, though (and I'll drive myself crazy about this later), we did no role-playing scenarios -- and I do mean NONE. I'm already starting to wonder if this is a bad sign...
Regardless, I felt that the interview actually went really well. Then again, he was being so nice about everything, I could've viciously insulted his mother and I'd still think it had gone well.
I talked a lot about researching Mac in preparation for the job, and naturally we discussed customer service quite a bit. He didn't ask me a lot of tech related questions, but it came up here and there organically during the conversation.

NOW, begins the WAIT -- and the exhausting over-analyzation of every single word that was said. Any comments or questions from the peanut gallery would actually be appreciated, as I'd like to get an unbiased perspective on things.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"...But my personal favorite is...

"'Hi. Thanks for contacting the CPU group at Apple. How may I assist?'

"'Yes. How do I play music on my iPhone?'

"'One second little young person. I've got an Angry Gerbil that can help you.
Let me transfer you to that group.'"

Ha!! Too funny. :) Poor Gerbil man...

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
CPU here reporting in:
Our calls range all over the place, including iTunes accounts and AppleIDs.
We also get the newbies who have never seen an apple in the top left corner.

But we also get the die-hard Mac users from 1960, always used a Mac, know
everthing about the Mac and can tell us a few things about the Mac you
young whipper snappers.

Our technical skills are challenged with migrating from another Mac and all
the data didn't come over. Permission issues. Mail stopped working and I'm
on a deadline. Safari won't let me surf anymore, but Google Chrome does.
My Microsoft Office Suite quit working on my Mac. Help me. I downloaded
this 3rd party software that is suppose to do something, but it doesn't,
so help me get rid of it. My Android phone won't sync in iTunes. I used
to have clip art in Word, where is the clip art on the Mac? My Time Machine
backups have not ran in 3 months? How come? My Mac is slow, fix it. I
just bought a Logitech wireless mouse, make it work. I have an iTunes
account, my daughter has an account, my son has an account and our dog
has an account. How can we all share the same music on our 4 Macs? This
Mac doesn't have a DVD drive, but our company just sent us new software
on a DVD. How am I suppose to get it loaded? My Mac was stolen. Help me
find who has it and get it back. My iTunes account was hacked, help me.
My Mac crashed, I can't find the original DVDs to reload it. Can you send
me a new set? I just got my @!#%$# Mac back from the @!#%$% shop
and it still @#$%@#$ does not #@$!@#$ work. Make me happy!

But my personal favorite is...

"Hi. Thanks for contacting the CPU group at Apple. How may I assist?"

"Yes. How do I play music on my iPhone?"

"One second little young person. I've got an Angry Gerbil that can help you.
Let me transfer you to that group."

LOL thanks... at least I know what I'll be getting into if I can switch to CPU. My worst calls this week have been iTunes billing issues... those have ruined my AHT and Esc stats. I probably wouldn't hate this job so much were it not for iTunes Store and Apple id junk.

LogoLegit

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
I got the call!!!

I got the offer call yesterday for campus rep and I am currently waiting for the eMail to be sent to me by next week!!

GO APPLE!!!!!

GoofyD

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2013
Got the job the through the student option! Just waiting for email and paperwork packet! So stoked!

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Hi, guys!

Just finished my 3rd interview with a team manager. Turns out that I'm up for a position in CPU (sorry, AG) part-time, of course. As has been stated repeatedly, the call was very easy-going and comfortable. I will try to lay out as much as I can remember from the interview.

Firstly, for those uncomfortable looking someone in the eye during an interview, he had me turn off the video during my Skype call (after initial introductions were made). It actually helped me stay focused. :) He went through the different details/requirements of the job, making sure I could provide all the necessary things & commit the time needed. Next, we really talked a lot about how my previous job experience & technical knowledge could be useful in the AHA position. (What were the challenges you found with working from home? What do you find is the most important part of customer service? How do/did you deal with difficult or irate customers? What sort of things have you taught yourself regarding tech support? Have you been in a call center environment before?)
Then we discussed a little about what it would be like to transfer my PC knowledge over to Mac's OS. He actually gave me some helpful info to prepare for the change.
Oddly, though (and I'll drive myself crazy about this later), we did no role-playing scenarios -- and I do mean NONE. I'm already starting to wonder if this is a bad sign...
Regardless, I felt that the interview actually went really well. Then again, he was being so nice about everything, I could've viciously insulted his mother and I'd still think it had gone well.
I talked a lot about researching Mac in preparation for the job, and naturally we discussed customer service quite a bit. He didn't ask me a lot of tech related questions, but it came up here and there organically during the conversation.

NOW, begins the WAIT -- and the exhausting over-analyzation of every single word that was said. Any comments or questions from the peanut gallery would actually be appreciated, as I'd like to get an unbiased perspective on things.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"...But my personal favorite is...

"'Hi. Thanks for contacting the CPU group at Apple. How may I assist?'

"'Yes. How do I play music on my iPhone?'

"'One second little young person. I've got an Angry Gerbil that can help you.
Let me transfer you to that group.'"

Ha!! Too funny. :) Poor Gerbil man...

The interview sounded like it went well enough. I only had 2 interviews and at the end of the second one they said that I should be hearing back from the hiring manager. A few hours later I had the BGC email come in. Once you get that BGC login for hireright you're in. Timeframes may vary but most everyone I know got their HireRight stuff not too long after the conclusion of their last interview. Almost all of the pre-hire mail I got from Apple came after the close of normal business hours, i.e. 7 - 8 PM EST so keep your fingers crossed. Good luck!

IceFire

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
LOL thanks... at least I know what I'll be getting into if I can switch to CPU. My worst calls this week have been iTunes billing issues... those have ruined my AHT and Esc stats. I probably wouldn't hate this job so much were it not for iTunes Store and Apple id junk.

Unfortunately, in CPU we still deal with the billing issues as well by contacting iTunes Store Support chat...who take forever to answer and provide little to no help.

Geeky1

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2013
I just submitted the "Official Apple Employment Application." I haven't received a confirmation for my Monday interview yet (I think it said I would receive a confirmation e-mail). Til' then just have to wait. :)

Dastrout

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2013
The Bible Belt
I had my interview a week ago today and they recommended me for the position. I got the BRC e-mail same day and turned in my info same day. I've been in a back and forth with them regarding start and stop dates at jobs (I was hazy on specifics in my application), but I figure that if they are taking all of this time to follow up that is a good thing.

It has been about 24 hours since the last piece of information was sent in for BRC, now just twiddling my thumbs and waiting patiently.

I feel bad for my current job because my direct supervisor knows he could be losing me, but isn't prepared to start hiring to fill my position yet in case I don't get it.

Ugh.

DirtyHobo

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2013
I had my interview a week ago today and they recommended me for the position. I got the BRC e-mail same day and turned in my info same day. I've been in a back and forth with them regarding start and stop dates at jobs (I was hazy on specifics in my application), but I figure that if they are taking all of this time to follow up that is a good thing.

It has been about 24 hours since the last piece of information was sent in for BRC, now just twiddling my thumbs and waiting patiently.

I feel bad for my current job because my direct supervisor knows he could be losing me, but isn't prepared to start hiring to fill my position yet in case I don't get it.

Ugh.

Some of us have been waiting 2-3+ weeks since our BRC finished. It seems they do their callbacks for offer calls in batches. Be prepared for what could be a long wait.

Jclark924

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013
I just submitted the "Official Apple Employment Application." I haven't received a confirmation for my Monday interview yet (I think it said I would receive a confirmation e-mail). Til' then just have to wait. :)

I did get a confirmation email. It was from Apple Worldwide Recruiting.
Just finished my 3rd interview. Hopefully it went well. I'm too nervous of a person to show what I can really do during an interview! So we shall see. I didn't get the official app to complete BUT I completed it back in January when I was going to the one hiring event (which I had to cancel because I was sick) so maybe I don't have to do another. And sorry A.G. It is for CPU.

Geeky1

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2013
I did get a confirmation email. It was from Apple Worldwide Recruiting.
Just finished my 3rd interview. Hopefully it went well. I'm too nervous of a person to show what I can really do during an interview! So we shall see. I didn't get the official app to complete BUT I completed it back in January when I was going to the one hiring event (which I had to cancel because I was sick) so maybe I don't have to do another. And sorry A.G. It is for CPU.

Good luck! :) I am trying to prepare myself for Monday. I'll be glad when it gets here. I'm somewhat of a preparation nut, so I have been busy! :p lol

Jclark924

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013
Good luck! :) I am trying to prepare myself for Monday. I'll be glad when it gets here. I'm somewhat of a preparation nut, so I have been busy! :p lol

Lol. :). Uuhhh. Yea I've read this entire 200 page forum! I think I may have been too prepared.
But I was asked a lot "name a time when you... Troubleshooted something for your friends, fixed an email issue, dealt with irate customer" It's so hard for me to think on my feet like that. Just know an example for every scenario they could ask. I was asked how you would explain Ram to someone who knows nothing about computers. I can't even think of everything. It was FaceTime and lasted 31 minutes. It helped that she wasn't starring directly to the camera and was typing so I didn't feel too uncomfortable.
So now I wait... Your in 4/15 too right?? Hopefully we will be in the same class... I have a feeling we won't know anything for 3 weeks. Soooo ready to hand in my notice now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.