Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LogoLegit

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2013
Just to be sure...

How will I know when the paperwork is sent out to me? Also, "I Accept." is all we had to say, correct? We didn't have to sign the paper attached to the offer email as long as we replied, "I Accept" right?

appleEater1

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2012
How will I know when the paperwork is sent out to me? Also, "I Accept." is all we had to say, correct? We didn't have to sign the paper attached to the offer email as long as we replied, "I Accept" right?

All you had to reply was I accept. When they ship the paperwork you'll get an email with tracking info

IceFire

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
when you say march 25th, is that when your training starts?

----------

I see some others get offered more thats in the student program, is it based on geographical location?

It may be based on location, but either way, you can simply ask, "Is the offer negotiable?" Apple isn't going to hurt you for simply asking. The worst that they can do is say no. Then, you decide whether it's acceptable for you to continue or not. They won't withdraw your offer because you asked, so I say go for it! It is true however that the student program pays less, so that number doesn't surprise me. Good luck!

gamenlegend

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2012
Are there any senior advisors on here? What's your salary like and how long have you been with the company?

IceFire

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
Are there any senior advisors on here? What's your salary like and how long have you been with the company?

Senior Advisors make about 45k per year (They are full time) which is about $22/hr average. They are usually with the company for a year before being qualified for the promotion.

Orangemango

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
new post!

Hi all! I have been following this thread since I applied for this position which was in early Jan.
I just finished my 2nd interview with the team lead and received my login info for HireRight on Friday.
I know many people in this thread says if you get the BGC and if it comes back clean then you're basically "in".
Although I've seen some people who got to the BGC then never post back anything in this thread..! that makes me think:(

anyway, I am overly nervous since my current contract is ending in 2 weeks so hoping to hear back before I lose my job:eek:

FlightTime14

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
Thank you everyone for all the advice. I have my second FaceTime interview with a hiring manager tomorrow. This is for the 4/15 class.

TeeLee

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2013
Interview questions on page 40. Best prep info, even if they don't ask exactly those questions.

Biggest piece of helpful info is to emphasize CUSTOMER EMPATHY. Also, have some storied examples of your tech support/customer service experiences.

Orangemango

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
Hi all! I have been following this thread since I applied for this position which was in early Jan.
I just finished my 2nd interview with the team lead and received my login info for HireRight on Friday.
I know many people in this thread says if you get the BGC and if it comes back clean then you're basically "in".
Although I've seen some people who got to the BGC then never post back anything in this thread..! that makes me think:(

anyway, I am overly nervous since my current contract is ending in 2 weeks so hoping to hear back before I lose my job:eek:

btw, Im in the 4.15 as well:cool:

Last edited:

Orangemango

macrumors newbie
Mar 3, 2013
So you weren't told you have to have a 3rd interview with the hiring manager?

I was told that I will be referred to the 3rd interview with the link? to schedule an interview but I received mail from HireRight with the login info to submit my info so I just did so.

I'm so nervous! I hope I'll get it! Anyone here got the BGC and still got the denial mail???

Last edited:

Ipadmania002

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
I was told that I will be referred to the 3rd interview with the link? to schedule an interview but I received mail from HireRight with the login info to submit my info so I just did so.

I'm so nervous! I hope I'll get it! Anyone here got the BGC and still got the deniel mail???

I've seen that happened to some people like AG.
>Anyone here got the BGC and still got the deniel mail???
Not that I can "confirm" from this thread..

techsrus

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
I also have my second skype interview tomorrow with a hiring manager..i have been into fixing computers and gadgets my whole life but still very nervous..so there is no indication at the end of the interview if you have the job or not? Im reading around trying to find some more questions that were asked..i dont have time to read this whole thread..if theres anyone who knows can you just quick post a list of anything you might know..just trying to prepare. thanks a lot
Pages 40 and 100 have good questions. I was asked the difference between POP and IMAP. Had not seen that question posted anywhere.

Best to all!

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
I've seen that happened to some people like AG.
>Anyone here got the BGC and still got the deniel mail???
Not that I can "confirm" from this thread..

AG? Attorney General? Actually, I was never told that I'd have a 3rd interview, only that I'd be hearing from management. A few hours later I had the hireright login. The next call I got was the actual offer. And I've never heard of anyone getting the BGC done and not getting hired.

Geeky1

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2013
Good luck today!! :)
Come back and let us know how it went!

I had my interview a little while ago and it seemed to go well. :) I was asked a lot of what if I was a customer and I called and asked this-type questions. What would you do in the situation of an irate customer, what would be the biggest challenge of working from home, etc. Nothing too technical at all. She asked about my apple product experience as well. She said that I should hear from HR within 24 hours (that'd be cool), and that training would be on 4/22 for me. She said it was for CPU. I feel it went well overall. I'll just be anxious to hear back now! :)

Ipadmania002

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2013
AG? Attorney General? Actually, I was never told that I'd have a 3rd interview, only that I'd be hearing from management. A few hours later I had the hireright login. The next call I got was the actual offer. And I've never heard of anyone getting the BGC done and not getting hired.

So according to the Attorney General... lol its safe to assume that we'd get the job..:):apple:

----------

I had my interview a little while ago and it seemed to go well. :) I was asked a lot of what if I was a customer and I called and asked this-type questions. What would you do in the situation of an irate customer, what would be the biggest challenge of working from home, etc. Nothing too technical at all. She asked about my apple product experience as well. She said that I should hear from HR within 24 hours (that'd be cool), and that training would be on 4/22 for me. She said it was for CPU. I feel it went well overall. I'll just be anxious to hear back now! :)

That sounds like the questions I got in my 3rd interview. Interesting that you were told you would be contacted from HR "within 24hours". Usually they say within days. Did you hear back?

hejo

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2013
my experience

I've been viewing this thread for a while now and figured I'd add my experience. I applied for the Student AHA position.

2/11 applied through Apple website
2/13 received an email to schedule interview
2/19 received the "official application
2/21 had FaceTime interview which lasted about 45 minutes
2/25 received bgc email; submitted same day
2/28 bgc completed

My interview was similar to those that have posted here with a lot of situational questions and I thought I'd add one question that I didn't see that might throw some people off: What is bluetooth?

At the end of my FaceTime interview I was pretty much told that I was hired and that I would be contacted by staffing in 5-10 days. And that I would be sent an email with info regarding a virtual information session. I haven't heard from staffing (just the bgc) or received any info regarding the session...should I be concerned? Is it just a waiting game now?

Geeky1

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2013
So according to the Attorney General... lol its safe to assume that we'd get the job..:):apple:

----------

That sounds like the questions I got in my 3rd interview. Interesting that you were told you would be contacted from HR "within 24hours". Usually they say within days. Did you hear back?

I have not heard back yet, but my interview was just earlier today so I don't expect to for at least a little while. I was surprised, too, when she mentioned within 24 hours. She said they "like to move the process along as quickly as possible." I know from reading here that things can take some time, but hopefully will hear something back before long. :) Overall I was pleased with the experience, though. Nothing sticks out in my mind about it that I wished I would have done differently so that's good. :)

Jclark924

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2013

That's great. Sounds a lot like my 3 rd interview. I was told I would hear back from 1 day to 1 week. I'm still waiting for a background check email. I haven't heard from them since last Wednesday! Please let me know when you get your email! And wonder why they pushed you to 4/22? They still told me 4/15. As long as I'm in. Still thinking it could go either way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.