Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Happyfeet21

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2012
I just received an email from Kelly today for the AHA position. Applied at Apple directly on 8/21 and haven't heard back :( ... I have been following the posts for awhile and can't remember...is there a possibilty of being hired directly by Apple if going thru Kelly? The pay is so much better, there are benefits etc....I am excited to even work through Kelly honestly though.
Appreciate all the incite folks!:D

What did your email say? I would think it would be better to go directly through Apple if you can, if not, I would just go with Kelly.

Phillip84

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2012
Spokane, WA
New Hire - Sept. 10th

Hey what's up guys!

Stumbled across this thread while looking for more info regarding the job. My start date is this coming Monday, September 10th. Is anyone else starting that day? I'm anxious to get the equipment! I received a call from my team leader today and was told it should be here by tomorrow or Friday. Can't wait!

Techmom

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2012
My email states I need to do the assessments for the position, the job description etc. Will be doing the assessment now. I do agree, a job is DEF better than no job at all. I know I am qualified and I'd love the experience I'd be getting. Just a bummer that Kelly does not pay a little more..just my opinion. Someone else said to just keep applying with Apple as well. I tried to apply again in Albq but it wouldn't let me so I guess I just apply at the next town over? Thanks guys and gals!

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Hey what's up guys!

Stumbled across this thread while looking for more info regarding the job. My start date is this coming Monday, September 10th. Is anyone else starting that day? I'm anxious to get the equipment! I received a call from my team leader today and was told it should be here by tomorrow or Friday. Can't wait!

There are at least 2 or 3 of us on this thread that are starting Monday.

----------

My email states I need to do the assessments for the position, the job description etc. Will be doing the assessment now. I do agree, a job is DEF better than no job at all. I know I am qualified and I'd love the experience I'd be getting. Just a bummer that Kelly does not pay a little more..just my opinion. Someone else said to just keep applying with Apple as well. I tried to apply again in Albq but it wouldn't let me so I guess I just apply at the next town over? Thanks guys and gals!

Kelly does have a bonus structure but from what I've read they bend over backwards to not have to pay them out. I do agree that a job is better than no job but to paraphrase Voltaire, "Don't let the good be the enemy of the best". Just keep trying with Apple until you know for sure you're stuck with Kelly.

Sjbuckeyes

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2012
Well don't build your hopes up too high, I had a second interview with a guy by the name of Aaron Jesus and he was very unprofessional, there was noise in the background and it was like he was talking to someone else while talking to me. I could hardly hear him and I was asking him to repeat the question(s), needless to say I did not get the job, even though I know I am qualified (The lady at the first interview thought I was qualified!!)
I hope someone at Apple is reading this and make the necessary corrections.
That Jesus guy is NOT hiring a lot of good technicians because of HIS incompleteness or inadequacies.
Their loss, because I am a a terrific candidate.
Another Company just hired me and paying me more.
Ms Shimizu at Apple is terrific!!!

I interviewed with him 6 months ago and was very disappointed with him, it seemed to me I was wasting his time, I was turned down BUT have applied again and have my facetime interview tonight with someone else

SCIONTX

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2012
I interviewed with him 6 months ago and was very disappointed with him, it seemed to me I was wasting his time, I was turned down BUT have applied again and have my facetime interview tonight with someone else

Wow, that may be a pattern. That's unfortunate. :(

Sjbuckeyes

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2012
I just had my FaceTime interview and have been passed on to the next step, with the hiring manager. This recruiter was much easier to talk to, she actually engaged in conversation. I hope making it to the hiring manager is a good sign

crazysybil

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2012
I just had my FaceTime interview and have been passed on to the next step, with the hiring manager. This recruiter was much easier to talk to, she actually engaged in conversation. I hope making it to the hiring manager is a good sign

We may have had the same interviewer :p

Happyfeet21

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2012

I got a email today too asking me if I was still interested in the position. Ive already gone through the whole hiring process and I missed the last training class. I was offered a position with another company paying 4x's what kelly is and its in my field but I really want to work from home. I'm tired of office politics. I have to decide what is more important, my peace of mind or money...

d4rk

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2011
So, what is the probability of getting the job if I went as far as the background check? Had my last interview last Thursday and was told I would know something around 5 days. I'm going on day 6.:confused:

I think you'll be fine. Ive yet to see a post in this thread that got to submit to a background check and didn't get hired. I had my final interview last Wednesday and completed my background information via HireRight a few hours later and haven't heard back yet either. Hang in there! Oh my start date is 10/1.

sk2bbb

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2012
I think you'll be fine. Ive yet to see a post in this thread that got to submit to a background check and didn't get hired. I had my final interview last Wednesday and completed my background information via HireRight a few hours later and haven't heard back yet either. Hang in there! Oh my start date is 10/1.

at least 2 posters on here said they got a decline e-mail after the background check even though it came back clean

SCIONTX

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2012
Well, I have my New Hire Paperwork Session in an hour and FedEx hasn't shown up, yet. Scheduled the session on the 4th around 1:30pm central. That should have been enough time to dispatch the Offer Packet. I haven't even received a soft copy of the documents. The email mentioned it would be received the morning of the call.

agentfrick

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2011
Louisville, KY
Well, I have my New Hire Paperwork Session in an hour and FedEx hasn't shown up, yet. Scheduled the session on the 4th around 1:30pm central. That should have been enough time to dispatch the Offer Packet. I haven't even received a soft copy of the documents. The email mentioned it would be received the morning of the call.

I did not get my soft copies until right after the start of the call.

sk2bbb

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2012
Hey there,

It was actually one person that stated this and they weren't the actual person that got declined.....it was a friend of theirs and for a different at home position. It was not the AHA position. I've gone through the entire thread twice. :)

----------

I'm also suppose to be in the Oct 1st class. I had my final interview on August 28th and HireRight sent my report back to Apple on the 29th. Hopefully we get offer calls soon!

oh yea that's right i forgot it was a different position

Insideus

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2012
wow

Wow I went though all the interviews, filled out the Hireright paperwork, background check came back clean. Finally got an email saying:

Thank you for your interest in opportunities with Apple. As you can imagine we received a large number of qualified applicants for this role. At this time we have chosen to move forward with other candidates that meet the needs of today. I want to personally thank you for your interest and for investing the time to speak with us about this opportunity.

Thank you again for your time and interest in Apple. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Hey there,

It was actually one person that stated this and they weren't the actual person that got declined.....it was a friend of theirs and for a different at home position. It was not the AHA position. I've gone through the entire thread twice. :)

I was going to say, I've been following this thread since 1974 and I recall only that one particular reference.

In other news, all my new equipment just got here. I'm not supposed to set it up until Monday... yeah, right.

sk2bbb

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2012
I was going to say, I've been following this thread since 1974 and I recall only that one particular reference.

In other news, all my new equipment just got here. I'm not supposed to set it up until Monday... yeah, right.

look through it before hooking it up to the internet . they might have software installed that notifies them if the computer is currently online

.. not sure if you could tell us what you received? ..a lot of people have asked but no one answers lol

MignDallas

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2012

I'm tempted to open mine up too they just got here about an hour ago!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.