Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taby0424

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2012
Finally received an email from my TL who sent an intro and some instruction, along with a guide for purchasing the desk and chair. And I should receive equip tomorrow or Friday but I have to sign, must. I look forward to neo on Monday.

MignDallas

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2012
Finally received an email from my TL who sent an intro and some instruction, along with a guide for purchasing the desk and chair. And I should receive equip tomorrow or Friday but I have to sign, must. I look forward to neo on Monday.

That's good to hear I hope to receive something today get kinda antsy lol what type of chair and desk do they recommend to get?

DentTheUniverse

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2012

Yes Taby please share if you can. I sent my I9 a week ago Thursday...nothing yet. Please let us know about desk and chair, do they reimburse?? Also, and indication on phone line information?

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Class of 9/10

I just got call from my new boss. For anyone starting on 9/10, you should be getting your equipment no later than Fri. I asked her a bunch of questions but she basically said, "All will be revealed during orientation." ;)

sk2bbb

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2012
My third interview is scheduled for September 11th :D

same here ... hopefully mine is before yours ;) lol jk

----------

So what kind of info did you get about getting a chair and desk? I have a really nice desk and adjustable chair. Would hate to have to go out and buy more

i doubt they're being too picky . just as long as it meets certain "standards" so your back or butt won't get too tired lol ... and enough desk space to move around in

mkmurry

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2012
Oconomowoc Wisconsin
At Home Advisor Position with Apple

To any of you who have gone through the interview process:

I have had the first phone interview, the second Skype interview and now I am scheduled for the "Hiring Manager" interview on Monday.

Is it possible to know what a typical day is like. In other words... with the telephone support... is it non-stop, or periodically over your shift. Do you have things to do... i.e. learning modules, team member meetings, etc.

Do you have exact scheduled breaks & lunch?

Is there any flexibility to "trade" your shift with others on your team??

Anyone who has started training? Is it fun... are you thrilled to be there?

Anyone who is already working on the job... would you recommend it?

Thx for any insight or info.

I am pretty sure I would take the job if offered! I am an Apple fanatic and have a huge appetite to learn more and help others.

mkmurry:p

MignDallas

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2012
Yes Taby please share if you can. I sent my I9 a week ago Thursday...nothing yet. Please let us know about desk and chair, do they reimburse?? Also, and indication on phone line information?

I got a call from my Team Leader about an hour ago and we spoke briefly, verified my email then he emailed me information didnt really have much just a time frame for the first week and pay date and such. In the email it says that even though we might be excited not to purchase a desk and chair until we have the ergo training on Tuesday.

DTU

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2012
http://www.apple.com/jobs/collegeadvisor/

Seems like a sweet gig for a college student. Anyone here doing it?

Well don't build your hopes up too high, I had a second interview with a guy by the name of Aaron Jesus and he was very unprofessional, there was noise in the background and it was like he was talking to someone else while talking to me. I could hardly hear him and I was asking him to repeat the question(s), needless to say I did not get the job, even though I know I am qualified (The lady at the first interview thought I was qualified!!)
I hope someone at Apple is reading this and make the necessary corrections.
That Jesus guy is NOT hiring a lot of good technicians because of HIS incompleteness or inadequacies.
Their loss, because I am a a terrific candidate.
Another Company just hired me and paying me more.
Ms Shimizu at Apple is terrific!!!

crazysybil

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2012
I certainly hope they don't require anything different than what I have purchased. I am currently waiting on delivery of my new desk. It's what I need for my office. :eek:

tealprius

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2012
I'm in Wylie, and have 3rd interview on thursday.
I filled out my app a week ago then I received the questionnaire Thursday I sent that back on Friday now I am anxiously waiting for a response. The questionnaire said the next class would be oct 8th. I'm hoping to have my FaceTime interview soon but I know it's a holiday weekend so I just have to be patient. I'm wondering if the questions will be similar to the questionnaire and I'm also wondering if I take the job here in Florida could I relocate to another location that is listed On their hiring website down the line! What was other people's experience with their FaceTime interview and were there many extensive IT questions? Good luck to everyone!

I have my third interview on the same day as well Thur., with your exact same start dates too. 4:30cst

Last edited:

tealprius

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2012
To update.. pay can be $9.15 through staffing company and higher directly through Apple. Oops wrong forum! Sorry :/

Last edited:

MignDallas

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2012
I certainly hope they don't require anything different than what I have purchased. I am currently waiting on delivery of my new desk. It's what I need for my office. :eek:

The email I received states they don't want hutch style desks, corner desks, and desks that have alot of drawers underneath or that limit leg room. Chairs must have adjustable arm rests can't have looped arm rests

----------

The email I received states they don't want hutch style desks, corner desks, and desks that have alot of drawers underneath or that limit leg room. Chairs must have adjustable arm rests can't have looped arm rests

Pretty much what there looking for is basic desks with either no drawers or with drawers only on one side so that you have leg room.

Techmom

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2012
Appreciate All The Info!

I have been following these threads for awhile and I really appreciate all the info. I received an email from Kelly today to do the assessments. I really would like to get on with Apple directly but I have not heard back from them. (It's been about one week):confused:

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012

I have been following these threads for awhile and I really appreciate all the info. I received an email from Kelly today to do the assessments. I really would like to get on with Apple directly but I have not heard back from them. (It's been about one week):confused:

A number of people have applied to Apple in multiple cities, I don't know how effective that strategy is but it might be worth a shot. I'd really give Apple some time if I were you, I don't think you want to work with Kelly on this one. Not only are they cheap but have proven to be pretty inept as well. I started the whole process with Kelly but found out Apple was hiring directly and ultimately got hired by Apple. Kelly told me I had the job but I haven't heard from them in over a month. I was hoping they'd call just so I could tell them to stick it.

tealprius

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2012

----------

Pretty much what there looking for is basic desks with either no drawers or with drawers only on one side so that you have leg room.
I'm glad my office has a good setup.. looks like it will fit criteria if hired! I also appreciate all of your info and contributions to this thread ty all!

Techmom

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2012
Thanks for all the helpful info!!

I just received an email from Kelly today for the AHA position. Applied at Apple directly on 8/21 and haven't heard back :( ... I have been following the posts for awhile and can't remember...is there a possibilty of being hired directly by Apple if going thru Kelly? The pay is so much better, there are benefits etc....I am excited to even work through Kelly honestly though.
Appreciate all the incite folks!:D

DentTheUniverse

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2012
I just received an email from Kelly today for the AHA position. Applied at Apple directly on 8/21 and haven't heard back :( ... I have been following the posts for awhile and can't remember...is there a possibilty of being hired directly by Apple if going thru Kelly? The pay is so much better, there are benefits etc....I am excited to even work through Kelly honestly though.
Appreciate all the incite folks!:D

Honestly having a job is better than not having one...however $9 compared to $16 is a huge difference in pay, as well as Apple Corp benefits, stock options...etc adds up.
I would be tenacious in applying to as many open positons with Apple throughout the country...Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.