Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mccldwll

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2006
I placed an order immediately after the Apple Store went live at midnight. The site said "Delivery 1-3 Business Days" when I ordered, and said that in the sidebar as I completed the order.

When the order was completed, the receipt says "Delivery 7-10 Business Days". I'm really annoyed that they're pulling this kind of nonsense. I wanted the phone for a business trip overseas (I ordered the unlocked version) and now I've been screwed by them..

Steve wouldn't let this happen. . .

The site NEVER said "delivery 1-3 business days", it said "ships 1-3 business days", but nice try!

JHUFrank

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Thank you very much! Not all of us graybeards have a death grip on our old Nokias.
There are plenty of gray beards that have a firm knowledge of current tech... probably because they have been covering/using current tech since the time when you were still bouncing from left nut to right nut and just a gleam in your daddy's eye.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Agreed. But that is not on the record confirmed fact. And what is the difference between an off the record piece of information and a wild rumour? At times very hard to tell. And off the record obviously means the company is not ready to say this officially yet.

Hence I wait for the official statement.

No a wild rumor is when hearsay is reported without at least double sourcing. A journalistic report is different because it is verified with at least two sources and then is vetted by an editor. True, it's still not fact, but it is typically reliable information which rumors are not. And that is the difference between a media organziation with journalistic principles and one that is just printing anything anyone says.

There are rumor rags, like the grocery store tabloids, which most people read for humor because it's all single or no source stories. They have zero creditability. Then their are publications and media outlets like the WSJ in which readers put a lot of faith in what is reported, and even base investment purchase and sales on.

If WSJ starts publishing investment news that is later proven false it loses its cred and subscriber base. Keep in mind the WSJ is one of the few newspapers that makes a profit on both print and digital subscriptions. It's reliability is its most valuable asset.

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
Hey I love the look of the gold iphone I think its really sharp, so what if I'm right along with thousands of these girls who will also have them too...

ASAP1717

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2013
Wtf is going on with the verizon gold models specifically the 32gb one? It's like Apple made none thinking they wouldn't sell?

calaverasgrande

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2010
Brooklyn, New York.
I was one of those who thought the gold version would fail....

Apple keeps proving me wrong
more like the tastes of the American Public proved you wrong?
You can never underestimate the taste of the public.
Pretty sure Honey Boo Boo wants a gold iphone too.
Heck the same day the gold iphone was announced folks were already asking for copper iphones.
To quote Hank Venture, "that is SO not Batman."

Cole Slaw

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2006
Canada
This has to all be contrived hype on Apple's part.
I mean it happens every year, and considering Tim Cook seems to be regarded as a "Supply chain management" genius you'd think they'd have a whole lot better handle on what initial demand for new iPhone releases would be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.