Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Has Apple mostly lost its ability to keep a secret and surprise us?

• Yes, they can't keep a secret to save their lives

• No, every keynote is still a box of chocolates full of surprises, because secrets

Results are only viewable after voting.

ZombiePhysicist

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 22, 2014

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
That guy is acting like not keeping a secret is the end of the world.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
There is a difference between secrets and rumors.....I picked "They still keep secrets" As a company who keeps privacy at it's highest, i can't believe they Apple would *not* keep secrets...

what secrets are we referring to ?

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Its harder then used to be, given how diverse their manufacturing is.

Personally I'm with @MacDawg, its a nonissue since there are other facets to their products that take precedence, i.e.., quality and design

Reactions: SandboxGeneral

Zirel

Suspended
Jul 24, 2015
"... Apple has lost its ability to keep a secret, and that this is hurting the company. ... it's time for Apple to either put up—and surprise us—or shut up about its supposed "culture of secrecy.""​
http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/apple-cant-keep-a-secret?utm_campaign=tmo_home_sidebar

What do you guys think? Can Apple still keep a secret? Poll results will be public. Curious what everyone thinks.

So his points are unfounded rumors and that time an Apple emplyee lost the iPhone 4?

Idiotic at best.

He is the same idiot that wrote an open letter to Apple for that stupid thing on Twitter about the plurals.

Reactions: imanidiot

ZombiePhysicist

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 22, 2014
So his points are unfounded rumors and that time an Apple emplyee lost the iPhone 4?

Idiotic at best.

He is the same idiot that wrote an open letter to Apple for that stupid thing on Twitter about the plurals.

Wow, other than being wrong about everything, you totally nailed that!

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
I wouldn't agree yes or no, but somewhere in between. Yes certain features or products are speculated/leaked but the implementation is often unknown until the official announcement. For example 3D Touch on the iPhone 6s. We knew it would be in the hardware but not how it would be used in software.

The same will be true if Apple does announce new MacBook Pros at WWDC. We expect them, but only know of certain features they might have and not how it will all go together.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.