Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Maybe Tim Cook should worry about all the Apple Watches not being sold due to Apple's complete logistics ineptitude for the release.

dec.

Suspended
Apr 15, 2012
Toronto
Maybe Tim Cook should worry about all the Apple Watches not being sold due to Apple's complete logistics ineptitude for the release.

Is he not worried about it? And is there any correlation between him being gay and your suggestion or why would you bring it up here...

Typical... nevermind.

mudslag

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2010

Considering it hasn't been a full week since the official release and add that Apple just killed it in earnings, even if sales are sluggish it wouldn't have that much of an affect on the bottom line for Apple.

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
This law seems to be redundant. Under contract law, any business offering goods or service is offering to enter into a contract with a buyer. The buyer signals his willingness to contract and the seller seals the contract when he agrees to sell. Therefore, the seller can refuse to sell to anyone he pleases (i.e., refuse to enter into a contract with the buyer). As far as I know, there is no legal instrument forcing him to do so.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
This law seems to be redundant. Under contract law, any business offering goods or service is offering to enter into a contract with a buyer. The buyer signals his willingness to contract and the seller seals the contract when he agrees to sell. Therefore, the seller can refuse to sell to anyone he pleases (i.e., refuse to enter into a contract with the buyer). As far as I know, there is no legal instrument forcing him to do so.

Unless of course he's doing it on the grounds of discriminating against a protected class.

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
Obama made a funny at the expense of Memories Pizza and Indiana. :D

On former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum’s announcement that he would not attend a same-sex wedding if invited, Obama stated what we all said when we heard the blessed news: “Gays and lesbians across the country responded, ‘That’s not going to be a problem.’”
Wrapping his close relationship with Vice President Joe Biden and homophobic Indiana Governor Mike Pence into one delicious bon mot, the president offered: “I tease Joe sometimes, but he has been at my side for seven years, I love that man. He’s not just a great vice president, he is a great friend. We’ve gotten so close in some places in Indiana, they won’t serve us pizza anymore.”

melendezest

Suspended
Jan 28, 2010
Yes, but it's also not surprising (which is sad). That's what ended up getting me to come around in the end. Whatever personal beliefs I hold, I should still treat people the way I would want to be treated. Tim Cook's quote in the WaPo really nailed it.

That is THE central tenet in Christianity, second only to loving God above ALL things.

Unfortunately, not everyone that calls themselves "Christian" actually is one, and thus His name is tarnished in the eyes and ears of those who encounter these people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.