Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushbaby

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
SoCal
So I found one was available. I bought it outright online and will pick it up tomorrow. I hope they will let me cancel the ATT preorder and then let me change this over to a Next purchase. I plan to trade in my 6 plus to ATT.

Last edited:

Kjung7

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2013
So I found one was available. I bought it outright online and will pick it up tomorrow. I hope they will let me cancel the ATT preorder and then let me change this over to a Next purchase. I plan to trade in my 6 plus to ATT.

Did you go through the reservation system or did you just choose pickup during normal checkout process?

nijoshi24

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
Hey guys I was able to reserve a 7+ Matte Black but i realized after i did it that i did it through IUP reservation system which requires you to already be on the IUP which I am not. Will they not let me complete the purchase when I go in store or will they let me slide?

sigeptendo

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
The crawlspace
Hey guys I was able to reserve a 7+ Matte Black but i realized after i did it that i did it through IUP reservation system which requires you to already be on the IUP which I am not. Will they not let me complete the purchase when I go in store or will they let me slide?

I wish I could give you more clarity, but it depends on the employee you get and whether the manager will allow it. Technically, yes, you SHOULD be able to do that; however this 80+ page thread is full of accounts where they haven't been able to and where they have.

damastaping

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
Finally was able to score a 7 plus!
Was at work (super busy in construction) but did the IUP link and istocknow.com around noon to check and found a 256gb matte black Verizon in Naperville,IL so reserved it and two hours later after work it was in my grimy dirty little (well big actually! ;)) hands! I had previously checked a few times with no luck earlier so I guess they replenish stock a few times a day?

I'm on T-mobile and got sick of waiting, so I'll pop my sim in there and hope for the best,lol.
Nice easy 10 minute no questions asked in and out, paid in full, and got the heck out of there in case they changed their minds!
Thanks to the thread for the links and info!

I'm wondering does everything work fine? Like does wifi calling, tethering, browsing data when calling works? I'm a tmobile user and would like to know just in case.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Why is there a dead zone in the middle of the Northeast? I am looking for a black matte ATT 256GB Plus, and I've yet to see one in the Buffalo-Rochester-Syracuse-Cleveland-Pittsburgh region. Along the coast - NY, Mass, Vermont, Conn - I've seen them pop up from time to time. Michigan, a few pop up ther too. But the region I am in, where I would consider "drive-able" for me (< 200 miles) has been dead.

sigeptendo

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
The crawlspace
Why is there a dead zone in the middle of the Northeast? I am looking for a black matte ATT 256GB Plus, and I've yet to see one in the Buffalo-Rochester-Syracuse-Cleveland-Pittsburgh region. Along the coast - NY, Mass, Vermont, Conn - I've seen them pop up from time to time. Michigan, a few pop up ther too. But the region I am in, where I would consider "drive-able" for me (< 200 miles) has been dead.

Similar boat down here in the South, man. I am curious how Apple spreads the distribution of carriers for delivery to store. It seems either our areas don't have a lot of ATT fans or there are people out there much faster on the draw than us, snatching them up before we can.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
There's so many Rose Golds 7 Plus across the US.. its crazy. Anyone actually picked one up? I want the Matte Black, but not sure when that will be available

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Apparently, I'm fast enough to see everything but the area where I live :) I've seen several in the three Michigan stores near the lake, but those are 220+ miles, most of it through Canada. Not worth the hassle. I think it will be December before we start seeing decent stock. Apple truly turned this into a cluster-F.
[doublepost=1474638563][/doublepost]
There's so many Rose Golds 7 Plus across the US.. its crazy. Anyone actually picked one up? I want the Matte Black, but not sure when that will be available

I actually wouldn't care, because the case covers the color, I'd never even see it. But the front is white, and I prefer a black front. Silver would have been a good color too - but again, white front.

dcail_07

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Chicago

i made a reservation for IUP pickup today, but I'm new to the program (my preorder was for IUP too, but I'm going to cancel it). It has been my understanding that I should't have any trouble with this in store?

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
I actually wouldn't care, because the case covers the color, I'd never even see it. But the front is white, and I prefer a black front. Silver would have been a good color too - but again, white front.

I tend not use cases... I'm pretty safe when it comes to avoiding damages.

I just have this weird thing with having my iDevices match.. I have a Space Gray iPad & Apple Watch, that's the only issue I have with getting it. But I do like how the dual camera looks on back with the Rose Gold.

dcrumbaugh

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2011
They do pop up sporadically for Buffalo. I got my black AT&T 256 Plus there last Sunday via the IUP link despite not being IUP at the time (I am now).

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Do they get shipments later on? If so... when?
They do get shipments during they day and Apple Store usually updates their system during the day. So you can definitely check around Noon is when I noticed istocknow showed updates.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
They do get shipments during they day and Apple Store usually updates their system during the day. So you can definitely check around Noon is when I noticed istocknow showed updates.

Thanks! Hopefully I'll have better luck at noon... can't seem to pull the trigger on the Rose Gold 7+.

Slowpc

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2013
Winston Salem NC
Looks like my local store got updated for a gold 7+ here but 32gb and I'm sure it was a failed pickup. Going to keep refreshing my pages while on the road.

Any auto refresher app or something on iOS ?

sigeptendo

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
The crawlspace
Looks like my local store got updated for a gold 7+ here but 32gb and I'm sure it was a failed pickup. Going to keep refreshing my pages while on the road.

Not that I am aware of; I've just being updating the istocknow map on mobile.

Additionally, not sure if its helpful, and I don't know where they are getting their information from, but the istocknow twitter is indicating that Jet Black may be set aside for walk-in pick ups only...

Slowpc

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2013
Winston Salem NC
Not that I am aware of; I've just being updating the istocknow map on mobile.

Additionally, not sure if its helpful, and I don't know where they are getting their information from, but the istocknow twitter is indicating that Jet Black may be set aside for walk-in pick ups only...

Yea been using bjoerns custom page for my updated and seems to take the info from istock or something like that (faster refresh and just text so lower data) just got to keep refreshing at least.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas

I checked early this morning from the Apple Store App.. and there was no 7+ 256 Matte Black in my area, but all of sudden it showed up.

I grabbed it asap!

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
It looks like they are getting less 256GB matte blacks, not more, as the shipping time has slipped from 2-3 weeks to 3-4 weeks now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.