Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iososx

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2014
USA
Based on the myth that Apple is the best place to order, I place two backup orders with them. Then I enjoy ignoring their status.

Why?

BECAUSE each year my two primary new iPhones arrive the morning of release day before 10am as promised by AT&T... It's great ;)

jgfl

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
On schedule for Friday

ORDER TIME: 330 AM EST 09/12
ORDER TYPE: IPHONE 6+ / 64GB / SPACE GREY
ORDER FROM: IPHONE APPLE STORE APP
-----------------------------------------------

iphone-2-2.jpg

1dave

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
I had the same issue as you. Ordered via reservation. IPhone 6+
My est ship date is 7-10. Days. Delivery Oct 1-6.
I am in So Cal. My card has NOT been charged yet, but ATT shows my account with a new iPhone 6+
Apple site shows my order "Processing".
I ordered through the iPhone app shortly after midnight. 9/12.

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I don't know if anyone mentioned this already, but for the people who still have "preparing to ship", your iPhone is likely already in the U.S.

Do this: I used my phone number as the reference number on ups.com. That gave me my tracking number. I then used packagemapping.com and this told me my package is in Harrisburg, PA. I live in Maryland.

Thanks for the link! Just checked mine and it says it's in Mt. Juliet, TN.

I ordered a 128 GB gold 6+ at about 3:57 am ET.

kingalien

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2010
Earth
My 64GB Plus ATT is still in Ready for Shipment status. Within past two hours I am now able to see the shipment on MyUPS and the device in my Support Profile. Left ZhengZhou 2300 local time.

shadowgirl

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Still preparing for shipping and no tracking number... This is getting really annoying since i ordered at 2:30 central...

Yeah, I know it can drive you crazy. My husband ordered his about 5 minutes after me and he has a serial number and tracking. And yes we both ordered about 2:15 am CDT (about 12:15 PDT) with his about 5 minutes after as I said. Mine still just shows preparing for shipment with no other info yet so I better have my info tomorrow since his was after and he has all that lol. When we preordered with the 5 two years ago, the status for both came up at the same time :(.

Last edited:

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
Finally a label was created and referenced on UPS with the phone number it is replacing. It is in Rialto California. The phone was made in week 35. I wonder how long it has been sitting in California? Label created Monday, Sept. 15 between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm.

IPhone 6+ Gold 128 Gb ATT ordered at 12:22 PST on Sept. 12. CC still pending the full amount since Saturday morning

Alas, no planes to track from China:)

----------

I think they go from China, to Taiwan (China), to Anchorage, to Memphis. Check the 5s 1-3 day thread. It lists the route in its entirety.

Seriously we ordered the same phone one minute apart. My phone and tracking info is exactly the same as yours.

They might even be sitting next to each other.

Travisimo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
Looks like I'm getting one iPhone 6 Plus shipping from China, while they other is apparently ready to ship from the hub in TN. Both scheduled by "end of day" through UPS on 9/19. One is a 64GB Gold and the other is a 64GB Space Gray (not sure which one is which).

Here's hoping that "end of day" turns out to be earlier than 3pm. Might have to do a signature release if it's not here by then, and I'd rather not do that with two packages totalling nearly $2000. :eek:

Attachments

• UPS iPhone.jpg
    UPS iPhone.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 157

Nugget

Contributor
Nov 24, 2002
Tejas Hill Country
Once you've got your UPS tracking number and you see a departure scan out of ZhengZhou, you can use this page to easily find the flight track of the airplane that's got your iPhone on it:

http://flightaware.com/live/iphone

A bunch of us here at FlightAware have pre-ordered phones, so I built this today instead of doing more important work.

DePaulBlueDemon

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2010
Has anyone been able to decipher the time it takes from the phone to hit the Support Profile page to being able to locate it with UPS?

horsebattery

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2013
Ordered a 6 (64GB, silver) around 3AM MST on release day, along with a leather case in the same order. Phone is Preparing, and case arrives by UPS tomorrow (huzzah?). Hope this helps.

1dave

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Once you've got your UPS tracking number and you see a departure scan out of ZhengZhou, you can use this page to easily find the flight track of the airplane that's got your iPhone on it:

A bunch of us here at FlightAware have pre-ordered phones, so I built this today instead of doing more important work.

Right on! Thanks for the effort. Will surely be handy soon.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
I ordered my iPhone 6 Plus at ~12:35 AM and it's been sitting at 'preparing for shipment' since Saturday. Still no CC charge and putting my phone # into UPS doesn't show anything (yet).

Hopefully an update tomorrow.

jehrler

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
Finally a label was created and referenced on UPS with the phone number it is replacing. It is in Rialto California. The phone was made in week 35. I wonder how long it has been sitting in California? Label created Monday, Sept. 15 between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm.

IPhone 6+ Gold 128 Gb ATT ordered at 12:22 PST on Sept. 12. CC still pending the full amount since Saturday morning

Alas, no planes to track from China:)

----------

I think they go from China, to Taiwan (China), to Anchorage, to Memphis. Check the 5s 1-3 day thread. It lists the route in its entirety.

Last year one of the routes was through Seoul and then to Anchorage.

shadowgirl

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014

I guess I really don't understand it. One of ours shows it left China at 11 pm but I don't see where any of the 3 showing, shows 11 pm?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.