Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

31 Flavas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2011
...plus, at least a few minutes talking about a slight change to the transparency of OS X windows, "refining what we started last year"! :rolleyes:
Just for you, they're also going to add a section about how they flattened the UI even further and added more pastel colors. But, if you beg really well they'll work back in some of the skeumorphism from iOS 6.

techguy9

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2014
Keep on the lookout for the iOS 9 and OS X 10.11 banners having a new font (San Francisco), just as a heads up ;)

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
New system fonts!

"To … create these new system fonts, we took the existing fonts, and redesigned every aspect of them. The previous gauche curves have been meticulously crafted, deconstructing the very essence of the shape, unapologetically giving a user experience unlike any other.

By using Wingdings as our new system font, we can ensure … "

jony-ive-530x296.jpg

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
They have to do apple TV......... I have been telling friends not to buy a new apple TV because a refresh is around the corner for YEARS now. FFS Cook!

I think without the genius/tyrant Jobs standing over everyone and praising/screaming at them, they have lost the ability to get products out the door quickly. Without a maniac pushing everyone to do their work quickly and well, everything is on the go slow now.

LOL, if only any of what you said were a reality. More things were delayed on Jobs' watch than since Cook took over. Obviously you haven't been an Apple customer for too long.

Reactions: n8cousins

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
The Mac Pro was release 2 years ago at WWDC 2013 but did not ship right away. But they wanted to make a big issue about it being such a grate new design and how Apple can still innovate. I just read the following on another web site which I believe sound accurate. I simply do not understand why they can not announce the New Apple TV but not deliver until later. (which I was expecting anyway). It makes no since that "according' to the 2 people brief that this all changed in the last 2 weeks. Did the hardware look so bad in the final testing or is all about the TV subscription service. And if all about the TV subscription service do they not see any advantage in New hardware and a app store and gaming. I am just don't get it.

"The current Mac Pro was first unveiled two years ago at WWDC 2013. It took another six months before Apple was able to start selling it (and a few more months for some customers to start to receive their units)."

n-cholas

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2009
So the Apple TV isn't going to happen yet... but surely the new AppleTV, along with HomeKit and Siri, IS the epicentre of change!

Lazrhog

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2010
UK
Surprised the release of the full Apple Watch SDK isn't higher on the radar ? It might be the last Apple Goldrush opportunity for a while for developers with a good eye for UI design ...

Z400Racer37

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2011
Come one now, we don't know this is a for sure thing. We are on a rumor site after all!

Yeah, but the scary thing is that this is the best case scenario. Worst case they're not working on it at all, and it's an incredibly important space.

Mummy will pick up the toys which you threw out of your pram in a jiffy.

... What?

You have a hard life. Imagine, you not getting a new Apple TV! Disaster! Heads should roll!

Right. People shouldn't be held accountable for failure to deliver on multiple occasions. It;s not like they're in the business of making money or providing value or anything.

"Hey, didn't get anything done this year in this division again? No worries! I'm sure you tried your best!"
- Said no competent businessman ever.

Reactions: rsbell

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
You have it wrong. The WWDC graphic is built from a silhouetted overhead view of the Apple TV device. There's zero chance that the keynote will not announce something Apple TV-related. Zero.

This is hilarious! There won't be any Apple TV and yet they keep decorating the center suggesting a new Apple TV. :( OMG, this WWDC is so DOA already, it hurts! o_O

Or it could just be the square with rounded corners Apple has been using for app icons for 8 years.

Reactions: Jason83

techguy9

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2014
"To … create these new system fonts, we took the existing fonts, and redesigned every aspect of them. The previous gauche curves have been meticulously crafted, deconstructing the very essence of the shape, unapologetically giving a user experience unlike any other.

By using Wingdings as our new system font, we can ensure … "

jony-ive-530x296.jpg
Video exited:rolleyes:

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
Or it could just be the square with rounded corners Apple has been using for app icons for 8 years.

I was just about to post the same thing..
The first thought I had seeing the banner was these are app icons... just like previous WWDC banners have also used app icons.

Reactions: Jason83

J. Jizzle

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2013
U.S.A.
I'm looking forward mostly to OSX 10.11 & iOS 9. Will be interesting to see what Apple has done to imporve their two operating systems.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
So we have squares which are probably a new Apple TV, but what are the circles? Mac Pro? AirPort?

My guess ? IF it has anything to do with Apple TV. A new Apple TV shaped in a similar fashion as the Time Capsule. The reason the Time Capsule is so tall is because of the antenna structure for 802.11c.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.