Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
For some reason I thought this was on Tuesday, now I have something to watch at home after work on Monday :)

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
If only the Apple Watch were round, it might be attractive.

Attractive maybe, the current design is more functional. Having owned a moto360 and an apple watch, the apple watch shape is much better from a functional point of view , in my opinion.

Reactions: Jason83

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
Looks like an iOS icon to me...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 153

RebornProphet

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
If Apple give us one "feature" in iOS 9, please let it be the ability to delete stock apps. Being able to remove my "unused" folder would be great.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Really? Is your vision really that poor or is that you never saw the first version of that banner? The first version was shaped like an Apple TV. This new banner inside the moscone center is not in any way shape or form a resemblence of an Apple TV.

owww look, new layout and design of MR, though still the same rudish and condescending replies . :)

guy read an news story on Mr that the Apple TV was delayed, no need to have a personal attack on his eyesight, geez. Just a rumour, people have opionins you know....

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
What crap exactly?

Rumours site predicted that new hardware site would be released.

Apple remains silent.

Rumours site now change the prediction that new hardware will not be released.

Apple remains silent.

Commentards on macrumors are ANGRY over the crap!

I don't get it.

And that is the truth. Apple has never promised a new Apple TV. When and if they are ready, they will unveil it. Personally I thought Apple TV as hardware was dead in the water, I can see them though adding a subscription service and channels to It though. Monday we will know.

Reactions: theSeb

Schizoid

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2008
UK
Is it me or do the squares on that banner look like Apple TV's turned to look like a diamond?

..yes yes wait... you might be onto something there. Three type of Apple TV, all identical in function, but one is plastic, one is gold and one is encrusted with DIAMONDS! $40 / $400 / $4000

Schizoid

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2008
UK
...the epicentre could mean the central area of an earthquake. Earthquakes happen near the boundaries of tectonic plates, plates are generally what you have food on... you put food in the bin... yes you've won DUSTY BIN!

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Please Apple... DO NOT ANNOUNCE 10.11. NO ONE WANTS A NEW OS EVERY YEAR. FOCUS ON STABILITY AND RELEASE 10.10.5, not 10.11. It takes more than one year to properly develop a desktop OS!

pragmatous

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2012
Well no but it is interesting how the logo looks like two apple tv's stacked onto each other.

Apple TV = Homekit

I hope I'm not reading into the design too much, but it seems clear that flu vaccines cause mental disabilities in children:

mosconebanner1-800x529.jpg

n8cousins

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2013
Burlington, Vermont
I wouldn't be surprised if Apple stayed with the Yosemite name this year, since it's an under-the-hood update. Or maybe they change the name slightly like when they went from Leopard to Snow Leopard (another under-the-hood update). Having said that, I really hope I'm wrong...

31 Flavas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2011
Please Apple... DO NOT ANNOUNCE 10.11. NO ONE WANTS A NEW OS EVERY YEAR. FOCUS ON STABILITY AND RELEASE 10.10.5, not 10.11. It takes more than one year to properly develop a desktop OS!
IMO -- just go the way of Firefox and Chrome. Call the OS's iOS and OS X -- don't mention the version number or name, but release updates every few weeks / month and increment the version number under the about menu.

"The epicenter of change"

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Really? Is your vision really that poor or is that you never saw the first version of that banner? The first version was shaped like an Apple TV. This new banner inside the moscone center is not in any way shape or form a resemblence of an Apple TV.

What first banner are you referring to ? Link ?

Z400Racer37

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2011
What crap exactly?

Rumours site predicted that new hardware site would be released.

Apple remains silent.

Rumours site now change the prediction that new hardware will not be released.

Apple remains silent.

Commentards on macrumors are ANGRY over the crap!

I don't get it.

Apple has been putting out hints of a TV for years. Even since before the "I finally cracked it" excerpt from Steve's biography, and let's not pretend that that wasn't approved, just save us that argument, they have been slyly referring to their TV as a "hobby," and more recently as "more than a hobby." The rumor sites are talking about it because Apple has been talking about it. To suggest that they aren't working on one, or aren't trying to launch a service as soon as possibly is really stupid, and demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of the value that is left to be created in this space by the right company. To excuse the lack of the ability to deliver is intellectually lax/passive.

And commentards? Kindly ease your head our of your sphincter if you wouldn't mind. People might find that kind of talk a bit gratuitously offensive.

betabeta

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
You have it wrong. The WWDC graphic is built from a silhouetted overhead view of the Apple TV device. There's zero chance that the keynote will not announce something Apple TV-related. Zero.

Agreed, but it's probably just announcing Showtime streaming:D

Actual it wouldn't be the first time they leaked some misinformation, so I can still hold a 1% chance of hope we do get new hardware, who knows maybe they show it off but it's not released until fall.

At the very least give us a new UI. please:apple:

ParanoidDroid

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2013
Venusville, Mars

I totally agree! I don't want new features, unless the old ones are 100% reliable and actually do work. Continuity+Handoff, and Airdrop bother me every day!:mad: Also Airplay is unreliable in meetings: connection suddenly drops and videos streamed from a Mac never play as smooth as from an iPad! :confused:

Therefore I sincerely hope that the new OS X will be called something like "Yosemite Grant".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.