Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macam

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2005
Greater London, UK
Hmmmm I'm gonna wait

I haven't had time to update to iCloud yet because I'm really busy (Even thought I'm on MacRumors!) but after reading this - I'm gonna hang on to MobileMe... I have some important projects I got to keep rolling! I can't afford to lose email at the moment... THanks for keeping us updated!

iOS5 has taken TOO long already!!!!

Macam

brightstarbeing

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2009
I had an issue where my data could not be migrated from MobileMe to iCloud UNTIL iCloud was set up on my iPhone. This makes things harder for people who have subscriptions but are on older phones like the original or 3G, and want to upgrade to the new model; they would have to wait until Friday or even later.

This is because iCloud transfers your contacts from a device to iCloud, not from MobileMe to iCloud. If none of your devices are compatible with iCloud, your information won't be transferred and your contacts on iCloud will be blank.

eyefoniac

macrumors demi-god
Nov 21, 2008
Everywhere and nowhere
I don't know if it is just coincidence, but deleting and re-adding my iCloud account seemed to fix the issue of a rejected password (at least temporarily). It was initially set up as my @mac.com email but I deleted it and re-added it as the @me.com email.

Like I said, I'm not sure if that actually helps or is just coincidence but it worked for me.

Best of luck!

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2006
I migrated to iClous late last night, and it was actually a really smooth move. But, now I can't get my mail like everyone else is reporting. Fun.

kjs862

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2004
Maill.app on OSX Lion is rejecting my password, and from iCloud.com I can't access mail.

hermes369

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2003
South
Keychain.

I'll cut them some slack for the next couple of days. Mostly I'm pissed about losing Keychain sync: that's innovation for you: "Provide less!"—usually accompanied by "charge more!" I'm glad iCloud is "free"; but, I'd be willing to pay to keep all of the functionality of MobileMe.

oshia86

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2011
For once, I would love to see a company's servers handle a new product launch or some other kind of demanding event. It always seems to blindside them. Maybe they just prepare them for a "typical" scenerio and don't worry too much about the day or two of peak load. I dunno, just an observation.

Franciturci

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2009
Same problem here. I also deleted the account, so I have no access to previous mails without digging down in the library folder...

Worksafe

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2010
Good Reason Not To Use Just One Cloud

This is a good reason not to just use one supplier for backing up your data to a cloud, be it Apples or Googles or some other third party that offers this service.

As we have witnessed the complete collapse of RIM servers over the week this is writing on the wall that eventually, regardless of the backup procedures companies have to minimize the impact it will eventually happen to them given unforeseen circumstance.

pdxplm

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2006
Portland, OR
Incorrect Password as well

All morning long, deleted setup, followed iCloud support docs, still no go...frustrating, but I still support Apple 100% :apple:

macadam212

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
It's random - works one minute and then it's asking for your password and rejecting it. Thought it might be keychain as that has always been a bit shaky but the iPad is having issues too. Oh well I don't get too many emails anyway and i'm sure they will fix it soon - especially as they don't want another MobileMe on their hands.

maricc

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2011
Make sure you plug your device into iTunes and check "Allow Wireless iTunes Syncing" in the info area, bottom of the Summary page.

Hmm that was in fact unchecked but after I checked it, it still does not work

coz

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2008
i deleted the icloud and reinstalled it. No luck. We'll have to wait it out.

Apple spend some of that 70+Billion of cash and fix this!

MiloAppleby

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Hi first post here,

I'm in Hong Kong and was on Mobile Me. I downloaded at release time (1am here) Transitioned to iCloud at 12pm here which took minutes. My iCloud service has been perfect across iPhone, Macbook and iMac throughout.

The reason I mention this is perhaps it is geo-specific? Higher uptake in the US?

Also people who have mentioned ITT they haven't had a problem seem to have previously been paying MobileMe people <generally>

FWIW I had two days of intermittent MobileMe service last week for the first time ever in >two years - I assumed it was part of the transitioning process?

Anyway it is a massive roll out with the UK getting 80% more bandwidth demands in places so perhaps that's part of it.

Hopefully it all works out in the next 24 hours.

RyanR.

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2008
Virginia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A334)

Does any body know what happens when you change from MobileMe to iCloud without updateing iPhone first?

WiLLGT09

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2007
Hmm, iCloud mail messages are starting to show up on my iPhone. No dice for my Mac yet though.

EDIT: mail is showing up on my Mac now! :)

MacVixen

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2009
Santa Cruz, CA
buckers I'm right there with you... I feel as though I must have done something wrong because.... everything is working fine for me (I think). Still getting emails to my mobile me address. I updated and upgraded with no problem.

ingiro22

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
password reject

Yep. Add me to the list of those who are suddenly having their password rejected. Two accounts, both getting the shaft.

mine just worked, but it was rejecting the password all morning. I'm pretty sure I got it right.....

Franciturci

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2009
maybe I have a solution: check in Keychain that you have set the CRL certificate to "Best Attempt".

I had set it to "Off" because Mac App Store was slow under 10.7.1. Now it works, and Mail works too ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.