Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
This can only lead to poorer wages, poorer working conditions and poorer outcomes for all factory workers assembling Apple products. This is completely wrong -- great wages, working conditions and outcomes is what's needed. Disgraceful, Apple.

Has Apple's corporate social responsibilities been completely discarded? People, planet, and profit can exist together if the balance is correct, but this isn't balanced.

On a side note, Apple, how about cut your retail pricing of iPhone, iPad, Mac, etc and absorb the cost of doing so via the incredible profit margins made on each item sold.

#ReasonsNotToUpgrade
The optimist in me is hoping, perhaps Apple has a welcome consumer price cut in mind, but than the cynic in me thinks this is all about the bottom line for the shareholders, and thus Tim's job security.

Robert.Walter

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2012
Customers requesting their suppliers to reduce prices? That's normal big business.

Actually, Apple pretty much holds the line of the prices of their products. On an inflation adjusted basis, Apple's products are selling for less than they did in the past.

Fender2112

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2002
Charlotte, NC
@ people whom are condemning Apple, claiming a poorer quality of life for the workers.
If Apple were to pay a premium for their components, do you think those workers would see an improved quality of life?

Hint: The answer is no.

Glideslope

macrumors 604
Dec 7, 2007
The Adirondacks.
Isn't this the basis of price fixing?
Absolutely not. Price fixing is an agreement (written, verbal, or inferred from conduct) among competitors that raises, lowers, or stabilizes prices or competitive terms. Generally, the antitrust laws require that each company establish prices and other terms on its own, without agreeing with a competitor. When consumers make choices about what products and services to buy, they expect that the price has been determined freely on the basis of supply and demand, not by an agreement among competitors. When competitors agree to restrict competition, the result is often higher prices. :apple:

Last edited:
Reactions: Weaselboy

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
Absolutely not. Price fixing is an agreement (written, verbal, or inferred from conduct) among competitors that raises, lowers, or stabilizes prices or competitive terms. Generally, the antitrust laws require that each company establish prices and other terms on its own, without agreeing with a competitor. When consumers make choices about what products and services to buy, they expect that the price has been determined freely on the basis of supply and demand, not by an agreement among competitors. When competitors agree to restrict competition, the result is often higher prices. :apple:
Exactly. This is just a normal contract renegotiation dealing with prices. Its like you calling up the cable company and saying you'll cancel if they don't give you a discount (and usually that works).

Tom-Helge

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2010
Norway / Ålesund
Sorry to say this Apple, but you simply don't asks for price cuts so your suppliers are going to suffer from that just so you can swim in your already absurdely high profits and boast about how massive it's on your next quarter just so you can keep your investors and shareholders happy.

Are you that dense Apple?

And what about the stupid 30% / 15% tax like Spotify have to pay you just because they want to offer their own services in their own app where you are forcing them into your own payment service just because they want to take payments for their own services in their own app?

If you Apple thinks that you can get a price cut this way from your suppliers and get away with that, then what makes you think that Spotify isn't in their rights to demand a price cut on your stupid App Store tax that is there just to stiffle your competition to let you gain unfair advantages with your own services?

TLDR: If you can demand lower prices on something, then Spotify can do the same to you when it comes to this dumb App Store tax'es everyone has to pay to use subscribable services in their own apps.

Sounds fair?

I mean, seriously, come on.

Reactions: Demo Kit

Bubba Satori

Suspended
Feb 15, 2008
B'ham
Moar slave labor!!!
One trillion dollah in the bank.
Me loves you long time, baby.

Apple-One-Trillion-Dollar-Bill.jpg

Mcmeowmers

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2015
Well so far Beta 1 hasn't set my hopes high for iOS 10 :rolleyes: just saying

This is an old point but the whole force touch thing is neat and all but they could have easily just added the features as "long press" and shuffled a few other features to make it work. Example: long press on app icon brings up the hard press. To delete or move apps it could have been in the pop up window.

iOSFangirl6001

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2015
This is an old point but the whole force touch thing is neat and all but they could have easily just added the features as "long press" and shuffled a few other features to make it work. Example: long press on app icon brings up the hard press. To delete or move apps it could have been in the pop up window.

I'm not exactly disagreeing with you however let's just say I ( like many ) have high hopes and dreams for the next iPhone alongside iOS 10

( which will probably be dashed to pieces :rolleyes::( )

Reactions: Mcmeowmers

Breaking Good

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2012
And the poor get poorer.

Tim Cook, thy name is hypocrite. If you really cared about leaving the world a better place, you would take a salary of $1 like Steve Jobs did, and negotiate a fair wage for your suppliers rather than demanding that suppliers with profit margins far lower than yours are squeezed for every dime.

But they gave all their employees rainbow colored watchbands. If that doesn't show that they care, what does?

solarguy17

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2007
Subsided phones were a loss for the customer in the long-run, as they would continute paying for the phone, even after their 2-year contract was up.
Only if they didn't upgrade right away. Which I get that many didn't, but many iPhone users upgrade as soon as they can.

Also, my bill on a NEXT (not counting the phone cost) would be higher the my current bill which is still a older subsidized plan.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.