Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Supersonic

macrumors regular
May 24, 2006
More like down right despicable.

I think this is, (as was mentioned on the previous thread,) that voting either way may be a misunderstanding of intention

In that instance, a thumbs up could have been to signify that they were glad he was ok at the time, whilst a down could signify sadness that he was ill.

In this instance, a thumbs up may well signify that relief that someone has ended their suffering and has passed onto a happier and calmer place. Cerebral Haemorrhage is not a nice thing to endure for any length of time. RIP.

Dont try to double guess meanings which possible weren't meant...

Chill out...

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Tragic news, my condolences go to his immediate family and close friends.

As someone who has lost an Aunt and a Grandmother to this condition in the past four years, it's true that they are "silent time bombs" as someone called them.

I remember first seeing "Jerry" in the Macworld Expo video in 1997 when Jobs returned, and he ran a video showing the new board members and their thoughts on Apple.

R.I.P :(

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Absolutely agree. Those that have voted positive better bloody well explain themselves.

I doubt that the scum that vote positive are even worth the keystrokes we make for them. :(

Is there any way to have it disabled on a single post?

stefman

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
RIP - Sudden for his family, sudden for Apple's board.

Life is short, enjoy it while you can.

Pachang

macrumors regular
Dec 17, 2009
I doubt that the scum that vote positive are even worth the keystrokes we make for them. :(

Is there any way to have it disabled on a single post?

I doubt that the people who get angry just because someone clicked a blue link on a webpage saying "positive" are worth the food their mother fed them.

Keep voting positive guys. I wanna see one of these guys hemorrhage in their emo rage and leave the food for the rest of us with a sense of humor.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
I doubt that the people who get angry just because someone clicked a blue link on a webpage saying "positive" are worth the food their mother fed them.

Keep voting positive guys. I wanna see one of these guys hemorrhage in their emo rage and leave the food for the rest of us with a sense of humor.

You have confused my distaste with "emo rage". Would you like me to kick my cat in anger? :confused:

(Time to unsubscribe from the thread, last post from me in this one.)

canucksfan88

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2007
i am going to assume that people are hitting positive with the same intentions as yesterday.

positive for the fact Mr Jerome no longer has to suffer with the pain other consequences of the stroke.

my grandma suffered from one for 2 years before passing on, and I believe near the end, it would have been better to go rather than slug it out painfully for a few more months.

rip =(

Piplodocus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
Maybe they meant positive R.I.P.-ness! and thumbs up for Jerry in the big Apple Store in the sky. I can't see anyone thinking it genuinely good someone dies unless it's some evil dictator or someone generally renowned as an unpleasant arse. I've never meant whether a plus is supposed to mean good story/reporting, or hooray; good news happiness, so don't usually vote!

Anyway, sympathy to the family and friends. The only good side can be that he went quickly without a long suffering slow end or needing lots of constant care for the next number of years. I'd rather go that way, than lose all quality of life before I go.

R.I.P. Jerry. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.