Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
I'm thinking of picking up a used one for both the history of it and the quality of it - I've heard great things from those that use it the right way. Also adding an AirPort Express to it is more valuable now than it was when it came out - you could even use it with the Apple TV over AirPlay - hopefully I can find one at a good price.

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Wow. 5 year old thread. There's a lot better sound docks out there now since this was released with similar, if not better aesthetics. I hope you didn't pay the price it was going for when it first released.

If you havn't noticed they are collectors items today and fetch a handsome bunch of $$$ ;) If you have one "sealed" and unused it can go for more than when it was new! And the sound quality isn't that bad really :rolleyes:

I use mine every day...

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
My Dad bought one and has had great use out of it, connected to the main Mac in the house - the sound quality is very good.

Unfortunately it stopped working a few months ago… he took it into our local Apple store, where the staff were amazed by it because none of them had ever seen one in person or knew they existed! They wouldn't take it in for repair and suggested a third party. The third party also said they didn't know anything about repairing them, so hope of having it work once more has stalled.

Does anyone here know of somewhere in the UK who will repair an iPod hi-fi?
Or has anyone had more luck with repairs in Apple stores?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.