Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trapezoid

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2014
I think this is gonna be a great time for apple...as much of an android fan that I am nothing brings the excitement like apple does.

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
Did someone say NFC is a groundbreaking feature? However, NFC has seen little to no adoption in the US up to this point. If Apple releases a phone with NFC it will be as common as the touchscreen smartphone by this time next year. Why do you suppose that is? The technology is indeed old (really old actually).

To be fair, NFC has seen little adoption because Apple didn't put it in a few years back...

New POS terminals are gonna have it since most chip & pin terminals will come standard with it, though I feel adoption would of been higher had Apple taken the lead on it.

Many countries NFC is how people pay for almost everything, I am sure iPhone owners there have been wishing they have had it the last few years.

blairo32

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2010
Surprise me with a mac mini please I know this isn't the type of event for such a thing. I just want it

wovel

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2010
America(s)!
The industry has been waiting for Apple to do mobile payments properly. NFC hasn't taken off yet, but will once Apple gives it their own blessing.

I think that is part of it. I also think many may be afraid Apple will do something other than NFC so they are reluctant to jump on that bandwagon. The number of Android phones supporting NFC is likely smaller than the number of iPhone 6s that will be sold in the next 6 months.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
As others have pointed out, the shadow cast by the leaf is reminiscent of the shadows cast by sundials, potentially hinting at the rumored iWatch.

The 'Wish We Could Say More' tagline might be better parsed by focusing on the words 'Say' and 'More'. Perhaps there will be more of the devices on which we say a lot. So, to beat a dead nail over the head with a horse, it could hint at larger iPhones.

</idionalysis>

ianKent

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2014
Somewhere in this logo is the shape of the iWatch's crystal face arc...

(Btw, it just hit me, "Sapphire Crystal" sounds like the "dancer's" "other" name)

:apple:

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
How big is the Flint Center? Any significance to holding the even there vs. San Francisco?

iPhone 5S was announced in Apple's campus in Cupertino.
Flint Center is a theatrical space, so I guess the event will be more spectacular this time :cool:

wovel

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2010
America(s)!
To be fair, NFC has seen little adoption because Apple didn't put it in a few years back...

New POS terminals are gonna have it since most chip & pin terminals will come standard with it, though I feel adoption would of been higher had Apple taken the lead on it.

Many countries NFC is how people pay for almost everything, I am sure iPhone owners there have been wishing they have had it the last few years.

Even in other countries most of the NFC payments are coming from chipped cards and not other devices. I agree with your assessment that Apple has been a significant factor in NFC not gaining traction. It seems like a good idea to me. I hope it is in the iPhone 6 and it takes off.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
The first thing I thought of was the voice messaging feature. I expect that to be a big part of the device, because typing out messages is probably not practical.

Col4bin

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2011
El Segundo
How big is the Flint Center? Any significance to holding the even there vs. San Francisco?

Let's see... Flint Center > The Flintstones > prehistoric > sundial > prehistoric clock = iWatch! :eek:

Attachments

• 11739053096_ee226309e2_n.jpg
    11739053096_ee226309e2_n.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 2,317
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.