Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney
Can it get any more iOS like?

Didn't iOS start life as SafariPad.
A project to get an App like experience running in a small tablet device that was basically running Safari as the host. So it's not really surprising they have a stock of code to re-use.

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
i just created a new iCloud account and it worked, then our of curiosity i checked my regular iCloud account and it worked. so now i just deleted the new one i made

hellodon

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2006
i just created a new iCloud account and it worked, then our of curiosity i checked my regular iCloud account and it worked. so now i just deleted the new one i made

Does this involve making a whole new Apple ID? Did you do it on your phone?

I went into Mail, Contacts, Calendars on my phone (that's where you create a new iCloud account right?)

I click "Add Account" > iCloud

And it takes me to the page to enter Apple ID and Password....but I only have the 1 and it already has an iCloud account...

Am I doing it wrong?

hellodon

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2006
Okay I don't know what I did...pretty much nothing....and I can now login at iCloud.com HA!

So....if it wasn't working before for you guys, try going through your settings on your phone and on Lion for iCloud....go to the create new account page but don't make one...cancel out of it and try iCloud.com again. That's really all I did. I didn't create anything new and I'm in now.

CrazyMBalla

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2010
I have an old me.com email address that expired. It's also my apple ID so I can sign into the beta site but the mail app doesn't load.

I also get the password is incorrect message, I also get this on iOS 5. Anyone been able to get an old me.com address to work?

Thanks in advance!

The Beatles

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2010

cool, can you create another one and delete the first and see if its still working, then tell us all about it. :p

applephysci

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2008
CA
Anyone been able to get an old me.com address to work?

Yes. You will need a Mac Developer account to install the latest version of iCloud beta on your mac. Once that is done, you can go to the iCloud panel in the appropriate section of System Preferences and add your old me.com account. Do a sync and you will be good to go to login to iCloud.com

Mail does not work at this time for old me.com accounts, but iCal and Address Book works just fine.

derekamoss

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
Houston, TX
you need the iCloud beta which only runs on lion. It will be in 10.7.2 therefor when it is actually released to the public that pop up will be correct.

Once again for everyone complaining that they have Lion and can't get into the iCloud website... Yes you have to have Lion, you also have to have the iCloud beta from the developer site installed and the only way you can have that is to have the dev preview of 10.7.2. Quit complaining that you can't login if you don't have the requirements to have it in the first place. I don't know how my earlier post got negative marks, are you just mad you can't have access to developer stuff without paying for an actual developer account?

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
Yes. You will need a Mac Developer account to install the latest version of iCloud beta on your mac. Once that is done, you can go to the iCloud panel in the appropriate section of System Preferences and add your old me.com account. Do a sync and you will be good to go to login to iCloud.com

Mail does not work at this time for old me.com accounts, but iCal and Address Book works just fine.

What do you mean by "Do a sync"?

uzzikie

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2011
here is how to login to iCloud even if you are not a developer or a previous MobileMe user

Prerequisites:
Mac OSX Lion 7.2 with iCloud Beta 5 installed
an iOS device, iPad or iPhone

1. Setup "Find my iPhone" on your iOS device using your Apple ID
2. On your Mac, setup an iCloud account using the same Apple ID. (it's under Mail, Contacts and Calendars)
3. When complete, try logging in at icloud.com :)

You can also "reserve" your me.com email address
When setting up the iCloud account on your Mac, select Mail & Notes.
You will be prompted to choose an email address
Just enter the email address of your choice and it's done.

You won't be prompted to choose a password for the me.com email address;
it's tied to your Apple ID.

Try sending a test email to your me.com account.
Now open your Mail.app; it's automatically configured

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
Mail gives me this message: To use iCloud Mail, create an @me email address by turning on Mail in your iCloud settings usings iOS or OS X.

where is this setting in lion?? still showing mobeil me settings for me

ConfusedUK

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2011
FOR iOS ONLY DEVS WHO CANNOT LOG IN:

1) Go to the Developer member centre.
2) There should be a notice at the top of the page regarding an update to the ULA. Notice that it states access to services will be postponed until the new license is accepted.
3) Review and accept the ULA.
4) Now log in via the iCloud web interface.

Also explains why newly created iCloud accounts work.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
im all signed in and its picking uo my old .mac email but its not working, anyone know if there going to turn these back on or if not how do i get a new email address as its tied to my apple id

Under iCloud in the Settings app, you will see a Mail toggle switch and Notes toggle switch, if you try to turn them to on it will bring up a pop up saying please create your free @me.com email. That's what I had to do that way I can have my Apple ID as the iCloud account and iTunes app purchases/etc. Now I can just leave my old mobile me paid subscription in the dust since I copied all of my contacts over.
photokdn.png

Last edited:

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5274d Safari/7534.48.3)

troop231 said:
im all signed in and its picking uo my old .mac email but its not working, anyone know if there going to turn these back on or if not how do i get a new email address as its tied to my apple id

Under iCloud in the Settings app, you will see a Mail toggle switch and Notes toggle switch, if you try to turn them to on it will bring up a pop up saying please create your free @me.com email. That's what I had to do that way I can have my Apple ID as the iCloud account and iTunes app purchases/etc. Now I can just leave my old mobile me paid subscription in the dust since I copied all of my contacts over.
photokdn.png

I can turn them all on and off. It says mail is on but in the mail app it says wrong name or password ?

Nik B.

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2011
I can't get into iCloud despite being an iOS developer. My feelings are expressed quite simply, like this:

200x150_Unavailable.png

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
I had a look round last night with my account I use for find my iphone (mobileme), looked interesting - It won't let me in now as i'm not a dev, still shouldn't have to long to wait I guess.

altecXP

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2009
The login screen seems to be available from non iOS devices only, interesting!

Edit: and unsurprisingly, logging in and hitting "Move" (moving MobileMe content to iCloud) gets you nowhere if you're not a developer. :)

Edit 2: Logging in with my iTunes account works fine though.

I am a dev and still get that page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.