Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
If I try logging in with my normal, non-dev account, I get a popup message that tells me to login from OS X Lion or an iOS 5 device.

majortom1981

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2010
hmm

Cool little details. I logged in to the icloud.com site and opened my contacts and then logged into the site via my macbook pro and the book was still open.

I guess we cant create @me accounts yet?

Jamie0003

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2009
Norfolk, UK
Pretty interesting. I don't want to risk messing anything up right now, so I didn't press the "Move" button. I'll do it when everything is open to the public, since I'm not a developer. My dad could try it out though.

I'm not a dev, and didn't get asked to move my stuff at all. Just came up with the option to select my timezone and let me continue, how do you get the move option?

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
If I try logging in with my normal, non-dev account, I get a popup message that tells me to login from OS X Lion or an iOS 5 device.

I get that my ID or password are incorrect but they're not.

snakes-

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2011
you need lion to login?

i use win pc and use an expired mobileme account and testet it with my normal apple id. always comes the message wrong id or password.

what can i do? what make i wrong? i am not a developer

majortom1981

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2010
you need lion to login?

i use win pc and use an expired mobileme account and testet it with my normal apple id. always comes the message wrong id or password.

what can i do? what make i wrong? i am not a developer

No i was able to log in via firefox in windows

crisss1205

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2008
NYC
Cool little details. I logged in to the icloud.com site and opened my contacts and then logged into the site via my macbook pro and the book was still open.

I guess we cant create @me accounts yet?

Only on iOS devices running iOS 5 or iCloud beta can you create your email.

Bluethree

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2010
How will previous paid MobileMe users be able to merge to our regular Apple ID's upon launch? For example: my Apple ID is a gmail, but I have a free @me.com that I made from the free Find my iPhone launch awhile back. :confused:

To me this is the million dollar question and theer are several threads, I belive, running on this with absolutely no resolution. :confused:

The issue of having an original Gmail (for example) apple ID and a seperate Me.Com (Mobileme) account seems commonplace unlike a solution.

What are we supposed to do give up the old MM account etc ? :confused: :apple: :confused:

Think I will hold off creating iCloud accounts etc until there is a bit more info in case I tie my own hands on this one....................

res1233

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
To me this is the million dollar question and theer are several threads, I belive, running on this with absolutely no resolution. :confused:

The issue of having an original Gmail (for example) apple ID and a seperate Me.Com (Mobileme) account seems commonplace unlike a solution.

What are we supposed to do give up the old MM account etc ? :confused: :apple: :confused:

Think I will hold off creating iCloud accounts etc until there is a bit more info in case I tie my own hands on this one....................

iCloud is still in beta. I seem to remember them saying you'd be able to transfer over, although that may have just been rumors...

I think this URL is there for devs to test iCloud out with the website. I don't think it's intended for the peasants yet.

Vanarak19

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
ah,

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-08-01 at 7.09.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-08-01 at 7.09.34 PM.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 791

rom3oOSX

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2011
I'm not a dev, and i can't log in, I'm trying from my mac and it says that is requiered to have Lion and i DO have it and it keeps saying i don't hahaha, funny ahh?:D

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-08-01 at 7.01.44 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2011-08-01 at 7.01.44 PM.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 201

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
I'm not a dev, and didn't get asked to move my stuff at all. Just came up with the option to select my timezone and let me continue, how do you get the move option?

Maybe you aren't using MobileMe/.Mac like I am? I don't know. I logged in via my @me.com address and it prompted me for that right away before anything else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.