Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

negativzero

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2011
If you got cash to burn I don't see anything wrong in spending it on the products you like. Its like women going shoe shopping.

That said, I've seen some crazy friends of mine who would starve themselves to save up for the latest iPhone.

Adamantoise

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2011
you're that guy. When people are talking about something, you come crashing into the conversation raining on everyones parade.

party pooper

I guess the truth really is bitter.

I used to be the person OP described, always had to get the 'new' one. You'll reach a point where you realize that you've been working for X amount of years and don't have much to show for it.

That is when you'll realize that fiscal responsibility goes a long way. It's your money, do what you will with it ... Just remember that those loans will be paid, one way or another, you will be made to pay them.

Apple Key

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2012
I've never tried crack, so I can't compare or sympathize with you. I buy the Apple products that I need and that I enjoy using. I wouldn't say that I'm addicted.

Takashi

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2009
Most people who compulsively buy gadgets like this are fiscally irresponsible.

Surely there's more important things to do like ... Payoff your car, or your student loans, or start saving for a house.

Anytime you catch yourself wanting to splurge on things you don't need, just think of your debts.

As funny as it can be, most people (but not all) who operates late model iphone 4 spend more $$ on gadgets than on their cars / houses / kitchen appliances.

mushtama

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2012
If I had the money then I would also go apple crazy :D but I think a MBP and iPhone 4 is more than enough for my needs.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
I guess the truth really is bitter.

I used to be the person OP described, always had to get the 'new' one. You'll reach a point where you realize that you've been working for X amount of years and don't have much to show for it.

That is when you'll realize that fiscal responsibility goes a long way. It's your money, do what you will with it ... Just remember that those loans will be paid, one way or another, you will be made to pay them.

where are you located? can we hang out soon? You seem like such a fun, cool guy to hang out with.

Please spare us your fiscal preaching. Your previous experiences with financial mismanagement, not really a lesson anybody here needs. I'm sure the OP has plenty of people in his/her life that can dish out the life lessons. This is a discussion forum about Apple products, not a life coaching session.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
While I buy computers every 2 to 4 years I don't think I rush out and get the latest laptop.

Take the iPad 3 for instance, while it will probably be impressive, I'm content with my iPad 1.

I mull things over to such an extent that I drive my wife up a well. I really plan out these purchases, in fact I've been obsessing over upgrading my laptop since december. Ive' yet to pull the trigger, perhaps by the end of the summer.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
There's always Ebay. The resale value of this stuff is fantastic. Of course you loose a little but think of it as renting equipment. It's peanuts for months of fun. When you finally wake up and smell the coffee, unload the junk.

Your an fool if you deprive yourself of cool stuff just because you can't figure out how to make it work, or you get some lame idea in your head that this stuff is evil.

Sent from Steve's skyphone.

Last edited:

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
I've never tried crack, so I can't compare or sympathize with you. I buy the Apple products that I need and that I enjoy using. I wouldn't say that I'm addicted.

Crack is one o those things that makes you feel great for a half hour, and after that you feel terrible. So you need to do it again, and you feel even better because you just were feeling terrible so there's more of a relief.

This goes on until you are pulling tricks in alleys, or robbing your mother.

Apple Key

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2012
Crack is one o those things that makes you feel great for a half hour, and after that you feel terrible. So you need to do it again, and you feel even better because you just were feeling terrible so there's more of a relief.

This goes on until you are pulling tricks in alleys, or robbing your mother.

Thanks for sharing your experience with drugs. In that case, I am not addicted to Apple computers, as I have not robbed any Apple products from my family members.

Adamantoise

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2011
where are you located? can we hang out soon? You seem like such a fun, cool guy to hang out with.

Please spare us your fiscal preaching. Your previous experiences with financial mismanagement, not really a lesson anybody here needs. I'm sure the OP has plenty of people in his/her life that can dish out the life lessons. This is a discussion forum about Apple products, not a life coaching session.

Well I'm not giving OP any advice, he seems well aware of the fact that buying a computer every year is a luxury he can do without.

Lol, and just because I can distinguish between things I want and things I need doesn't make me a boring person.

We're discussing our desires to splurge on electronics we don't need, I'm not telling anyone how to spend their money, I'm just relating my experience.

Next time post when you're not on your period.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
Well I'm not giving OP any advice, he seems well aware of the fact that buying a computer every year is a luxury he can do without.

Lol, and just because I can distinguish between things I want and things I need doesn't make me a boring person.

We're discussing our desires to splurge on electronics we don't need, I'm not telling anyone how to spend their money, I'm just relating my experience.

Next time post when you're not on your period.

back pedal much? Let's see, your post history shows a lot of crabby, crass and negative posts. A lot of em. You put people down a lot. It's like oxygen for you.

justify your bad behavior all you want. You are failing at trying to convince me you're a great guy. Failing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.