Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zmonteca

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2008
Totally. I've been using, and defending, the iTunes ecosystem for a very long time. This decision finally made me realize Apple's Music world is no longer a world for me.

I'm just not interested in paying $150/year to listen to channel/passive radio (i.e. Pandora). It just isn't worth it to me to give anyone that type of money year in and year out so I can listen to any song in the world at any given moment in my life. I know this is not the case for a lot of people.

Since they killed free iTunes Radio, this is totally useless for me anyway. I guess that's a positive, right? :D

stratmancj

macrumors newbie
Aug 15, 2007
I just called apple support and the agent made me an appointment at the Genius Bar. Really disappointed in the customer service agent. He also told me that Apple Music does not work with an LTE connection. Uninformed staff ...

Mr.LW

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2016
That sucks. No music discovery for today, I guess.
[doublepost=1454370980][/doublepost]
That sucks. No music discovery for today, I guess.

This worked for me:
Press and hold the Power button until you see the familiar Slide to Power Off option. Instead of rebootingor canceling, though, press and hold the Home button. After a few seconds, your deviceshould return to the Home screen with the RAM cleared out

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
Yeah Apple Music search not working on iPhone but works fine on iPad. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Bplister

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2016

This worked for me:
Press and hold the Power button until you see the familiar Slide to Power Off option. Instead of rebootingor canceling, though, press and hold the Home button. After a few seconds, your deviceshould return to the Home screen with the RAM cleared out

Great tip thanks. Worked for me

viachicago22

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
Still broken for me. Tried the tip above and didn't work. It seems so disingenuous for @applemusichelp support to be responding to this problem all day by acting like they're just as surprised as the person reporting the issue. It's obviously a problem. Why don't they just issue a statement and acknowledge the issue and give a timeline for a fix? Is anyone from MacRumors trying to get a comment from Apple?

pierrer0y

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2014
I found a work around:
Search the track you want in the Shazam app, tap your result and then hit the black listen on Apple Music button. This will open the music app to the song you wanted. Not what I pay 14.99 a month for but it works for now.

viachicago22

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2013
I found a work around:
Search the track you want in the Shazam app, tap your result and then hit the black listen on Apple Music button. This will open the music app to the song you wanted. Not what I pay 14.99 a month for but it works for now.

That's very resourceful of you! You're right too- ridiculous it's come to this!

Andrew.s

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2007
Inland Empire

This worked for me:

This immediately didn't solve it for me but force closing the Music app after following these steps did the trick. Thanks. Give it a shot!

Reactions: zone23

MookDaddy333

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010

This worked for me:
This worked for me as well. Thanks!

imola.zhp

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2010
Mud Island (Memphis), TN
On two different devices it wouldn't let us listen to radio yesterday, kept asking us to subscribe to Apple Music. Not a way to win us over, not that I was considering joining anyway.

Mildredop

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2013
Give up on iCloud "integration" Apple and be great.

Whenever companies get into big trouble, they start shedding areas of their business to concentrate on their "core business". It feels to me like Apple are at the point where they're really taking on too much and losing sight of what they're really good at.

They don't have to do everything. They should leave things like this to companies like Spotify.

Reactions: navaira

navaira

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2015
Amsterdam, Netherlands
But then the market starts dropping them because they need "growth". I am pretty convinced they don't need "growth" and they should focus on doing a few things best in the world, rather than loads of things which range from embarrassing through will this do to amazing. But I don't think the board or the shareholders would enjoy it if Apple went back to making a few amazing products (iPhone, iPad, Macs, iCloud that actually works, Apple TV and software, end here) while share prices plummet to $20 because "OMGZ no growth".

The Android version of Apple Music is a shambles. The iCloud matching is truly the definition of where technology goes to die. Search not working is just icing on the cake. There's one place where I think Apple excels (I didn't have a chance to check). I fiddled with Google voice thing yesterday and said "Play Madonna". "Which app?" Google asked, and I was impressed, because yes, I have 10 music players on my phone. "Spotify", I said, and Google opened Spotify on Robbie Williams' "She's Madonna", then proceeded to not playing it. So I tried with Poweramp, "Play Rihanna", Google opened Rihanna's songs in random order then proceeded to not playing it. From what I am reading about Siri and Apple Music, Google have LOADS of work in front of them still, and searching local content through audio commands... isn't ideal.

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
This immediately didn't solve it for me but force closing the Music app after following these steps did the trick. Thanks. Give it a shot!

This worked for me, thanks.

Just resetting the memory didn't do anything but resetting the memory then immediately force closing apple music worked.

Applelover444

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2016

Several Apple Music subscribers this morning are experiencing issues when searching for new music in the Music app on iOS devices.

Many users are reporting that typing a search query into the Apple Music search bar fails to return results, while others are receiving results but seeing a blank screen when tapping the track or artist name for further information.

Apple-Music-search.jpg

Quitting the Music app does not solve the issue, nor does restarting the device, while iOS version does not seem to be a factor either.

The problem is trending on Twitter and in Apple Support Communities discussions, and is affecting users around the world, but appears to be restricted to iOS at this time, since Mac users are unable to replicate the issue in the iTunes desktop app.

The issue looks to be with Apple's servers and will likely be resolved when the service is corrected on their end.

Article Link: Apple Music Search Not Working for Some Subscribers

I found a fix for me that worked. What you need to do if force quite the app. To do so you need to go into Apple Music . Hold the power button down till the power screen pops up. Then stop pressing the power button and start holding the home button till it force quits you to the home screen. Hope this helps guys!!

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
I found a fix for me that worked. What you need to do if force quite the app. To do so you need to go into Apple Music . Hold the power button down till the power screen pops up. Then stop pressing the power button and start holding the home button till it force quits you to the home screen. Hope this helps guys!!

FYI I has to force close the app after in order for this to work. Also this fix was already posted a couple times, just saying.

imola.zhp

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2010
Mud Island (Memphis), TN
This is actually a new "feature".

I don't understand, I used to listen to Apple radio stations for free. I'm not talking about Beats. It's still doing it, I'm not going to sign up for their service to listen to stations I used to listen to for free. I'll just go back to using Pandora.

Wrong story.

Yes, thank you for your insightful post. No forum posts ever go off topic, nor should they ever, right? My post is actually on topic, the Apple Music app having issues. But it seems perhaps the "issue" is that Apple wants us to pay for using all radio stations now, where as some used to be free. No thanks Apple, good luck with that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.