Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Why not? It's not the color for me, but people seem to like it. Supposedly gold is far and away the top-selling iPhone color in Asia.

2GB of RAM and I'll be happy.

Yes!

I can see there MAY be reasons to limit to 1GB on a pocket phone (RAM is always-on and a big chunk of battery use, and if the OS can use RAM efficiently, all the better).

But iPads are big, and have battery life to spare. I go days between charges on my Air. So yes, if the iPad Air (and even Mini) doesn't have more than 1GB, I WILL be disappointed in Apple.

Gonna be brutal running a retina HD display with 1 GB RAM on it.

iPads were already HD (1280x720 or greater), long before the iPhone. There's no rush to add more DPI (even though if you look close, you could tell a difference).

(This is one reason I'm not worried about a 6 Plus handling games: it's not much different from iPad Air resolution, but with a faster chip! And my Air handles games just great. Plus, recent iPhone graphics benchmarks have ignored a) CPU, which is the likely biggest speed factor for most games, and b) Metal. The 6 Plus, like my Air, may not hit the same benchmark as a smaller device, but will run fine.)

AxoNeuron

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2012
The Left Coast
They have realllllly got to increase the base model's storage to 32GB. It's the year 2014, anything else is BEYOND ridiculous at this point. Sticking 2010 era storage in a 2014 "high-end" tablet is unbelievable.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
But iPads are big, and have battery life to spare. I go days between charges on my Air. So yes, if the iPad Air (and even Mini) doesn't have more than 1GB, I WILL be disappointed in Apple.

Yep, and we’re already seeing Apple create unique UI/UX across the same family of devices (iPhone 6 vs. 6+), so I’m thinking we’re going to see more diversity from iOS for phones vs. iOS for tablets (the latter being things like multi app views that would really be limited by RAM).

I’m hoping for this (obv. some of these are nearly a given):

A8 (at faster than iP6 speeds)
2GB RAM
TouchID
150-200g lighter
Updated display panel (like the iP6s)
Plus iOS on the iPad related updates

:cool:

Teste

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2011
We could have increased RAM, but of course, nooooooo...

We could have an adapted iOS better suited for iPad (those folders are ridiculous), but nooooo...

True, decent multitasking (instead of Apple fanboys' version of "multitasking"), but nooo...

Of course, what the iPad REALLY needs so people will update their tablets is a gold edition :eek::rolleyes::mad:

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Gold is so tacky. <--- 11 forum pages of gold thrashing right there...

At least that was the general consensus when another tablet manufacturer offered a 'gold' version earlier this year.

Just giving you guys a heads up before you praise this one too much.

To be fair, I'll think it's hideous even if Apple does it too. lol. Apple did choose about the best gold you could possibly do on iPhones though. A lot less ugly than it could have been.

kwikdeth

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2003
Tempe, AZ
is that photo a leak of the actual product? i was going to say, the screen looks quite un-reflective in that photo... i would personally love it. can't stand glossy screens :(

Mashurrab

macrumors regular
May 30, 2014
They have realllllly got to increase the base model's storage to 32GB. It's the year 2014, anything else is BEYOND ridiculous at this point. Sticking 2010 era storage in a 2014 "high-end" tablet is unbelievable.

I believe it will be the Same as the new iPhones.

Mashurrab

macrumors regular
May 30, 2014
To Be honest I do not see the point of people complaining on more options. If you do not like that option do not buy it. Someone else will.

I know I will never buy a golden color device, but my wife devices from now on will be all golden color and it is totally fine with me.

scbn

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2010
Gold color is just a gimmick. Apple needs stop making it thinner; instead they need to put some unique features on it. I want a solid iPad or I'll skip it again. iPad Air was a bad design; that's why it has not been selling very well.

lk400

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2012
Why not? It's not the color for me, but people seem to like it. Supposedly gold is far and away the top-selling iPhone color in Asia.

Asia's a big place. I see almost no gold ones in Japan. I would say its the least popular here, just from what I see on the street.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.