Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xiroteus

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2012
I still think this whole idea that every year is suppose to be filled with huge innovations is a bit much and likely why some keynotes seem lackluster and not really needed to the degree that they are. These events male simple spec bumps appear more important then they really are. They likely could release something much cooler sooner however they would likely burn up too many ideas too quickly and could have a couple slow years because of it.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
What really bothers me is that they discontinued the iPhone 5, which i currently own. Will it get iOS8 support, because I'm planning to keep this phone for a loooong time.

The iPhone 5 will definitely get iOS 8 support, probably iOS 9 support as well. iOS 10 will probably be the cut-off point for the 5.

Fanaticalism

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2013
What happens if the fingerprint sensor gets remotely wet, like say from a Zagg shield install or a mild spill of a drink?

I guess this means the end for cases like Lifeproof?

xFenixKnightx

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2011
I really dislike how the case for iPhone 5C looks.

The holes, come on. How could it exposes 'hon' part of iPhone text?
Where's the symmetry? The small an sweet details :apple: really excel on?

They should make a special hole to fit "iPhone" text neatly and hide all FCC license texts behind.

In all seriousness, Steve would have NEVER allowed this.

///M Powah

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
Hawaii, US
I am thinking the same but I have taken over 10,000 pictures with my iPhone in the last year -it's my primary camera on my travels... I might jump to this just because of the purportedly better camera...

Every iPhone update comes with a better camera so I don't see a reason to buy the iPhone 5S unless you are coming from iPhone 4S or below.

BluePhoenixRa

macrumors regular
May 19, 2012
Same here. Bring on the 4.8" and 5.5" iphone 6 models Apple!!! :) keep the 5c for the folks who want oldschool iPhone size. Just add some manly colors to the lineup. Lol I'd only take a white or yellow. They couldn't make a black one???

Exactly why I can't stand this new large screen thing going on these days.
I want normal 4" sized phone, nothing bigger than that =(

And I don't want a plastic phone either, I want the premium ones. So no thank you to your iPhone 5C idea for people who don't want a larger screen. Very selfish of you, really. D=

I really really hope they don't kill of smaller premium devices and only make giant phones.

Xiroteus

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2012
Exactly why I can't stand this new large screen thing going on these days.
I want normal 4" sized phone, nothing bigger than that =(

And I don't want a plastic phone either, I want the premium ones. So no thank you to your iPhone 5C idea for people who don't want a larger screen. Very selfish of you, really. D=

I really really hope they don't kill of smaller premium devices and only make giant phones.

They really do need to hang on to the 4" phone in a metal form and have a larger phone to go alone with it. I like the large phones yet people that want a smaller phone needs options as well.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
I must say that I'm really looking foward ios7 and a few more features. The only thing about the iPhone 5s is that the body style has not change at all.

----------

Every iPhone update comes with a better camera so I don't see a reason to buy the iPhone 5S unless you are coming from iPhone 4S or below.

Well I have the 4s and live this phone all the way. I'm getting 5s because I been waiting on it for a while.

rainbowsofwhite

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
I love the attention to detail on the iPhone 5C, stylistically it looks lovely. They got it right.
But the 5C functions are not as impressive as the iPhone 5S.

I think the iPhone 5S looks absolutely ugly. What's with that ugly two tone look it has now? and that annoying little line on the side (see picture).
But it has the superior functionality.

I'll wait until next year.:cool:

View attachment 432657

Tysknaden

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2013
Shameless profits? The corporate world isn't altruistic my friend. Companies sell their products at the highest price possible to maximize returns. If Samesung could sell their S4 for 1000.00 they would in a heartbeat...

No one is making you use their ecosystem. If you don't like Apple's prices then switch to something else. I for one value Apple's "whole-package" products so I will continue to buy them even at their "shameless"ly high prices.

For premium prices, people expect premium products. We will see, how Apple will develop.

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
What the hell are you talking about?

BTW, I did know Steve Jobs.

Sure mate.

----------

As predictable as the sun rising and setting:

Run Program:

1) Crazy hype builds before Apple event stock price runs up

2) Apple releases great new products but no earth shattering device

3) People complain that Apple has fallen behind, too expensive, etc.

4)People on Mac Rumors give out their narcissistic ultimatum "bye bye Apple,
no more Apple products for me" (ps why are these people here to begin with says a lot about them) as if any one really cares what phone you choose!

5) people claim This is not what "steve" would have done

6) The new product goes on to sell more units than the previous product

7) Apple announces amazing sales figures from the first weekend, the stock soars back up. All of us in the know who have watched this pattern for the last ten years just shake our head in disbelief at the consistency of the pattern
and the easy money that can be made on the stock.

8) October gets closer new rumors about the next product start, stock starts another run up, people here start fantasizing that time travel will be possible on the next iPad

Goto Line 1

You forgot about comments of Steve on the grave and safari feels snappier.

Xiroteus

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2012
I love the attention to detail on the iPhone 5C, stylistically it looks lovely. They got it right.
But the 5C functions are not as impressive as the iPhone 5S.

Think of any reason not to match the back with the front? Of course the iPhone 5c vs will be the iPhone 5s just a year from now.

If they are going to do color they should have picked better colors or brighter, dark green, red, dark blue etc... and match the front to the back.

I think the iPhone 5S looks absolutely ugly. What's with that ugly two tone look it has now? and that annoying little line on the side (see picture).
But it has the superior functionality.

That line seems minor however the two tone back bugs me, the iPhone 4 and 4s looked great. And then the five comes out and they do this odd two tone back. Not sure why they think that looks good.

Xiroteus

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2012
I don't know about the colours you mentioned, but I would have chosen purple over that god awful pink.

Imagine it would have been better. The tones are odd and why no black yet boring white. I think a bit more of a primary color selection would have been better.

Last edited:

Donvald

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2013
Clearly you skipped the videos and/or cant understand english. There is no database. Prints are stored in memory on the A7 and is accessibly only to the sensor. No iCloud backup, no other apps can use it.

Also, i really doubt the NSA needs any of that. They likely already have it if you've ever been fingerprinted, and theres likely more useful info on your facebook page than just some finger print.

Because a video tells you so, it must be right. Right? In Apple we trust..

The NSA has access to fingerprints on any government system obviously. What they don't have access to is the miliions upon Millions of Iphone users across the globe. Your naive observations regarding the value of fingerprints is laughable.

rainbowsofwhite

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2011
Imagine it would have been better. The tones are odd and why no black yet boring white. I think a bit more of a primary color selection would have been better.

That's funny, because I actually like the white. It's the only colour I like.
But I agree with you, black would have been nice also.

The other colours will become boring very quickly, especially when the novelty wears off.

TTile

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2013
For premium prices, people expect premium products. We will see, how Apple will develop.

Sure and to put it more simply people demand a certain value when they spend their money. As far as the new iPhones go, the 5s is priced competitively to its competition based on its hardware. I don't think there's that much debate on this fact. With regard to the 5c, people may think its priced high but I think there are three pieces of evidence that counter this claim: 1) Apple's market analysis teams thoroughly study consumers, finding out their particular demands for a particular amount of money spent. The 5c's price is not arbitrary by any means. 2) Apple has long sold its year old iPhone at this the 5c's price point to great success. The 5c is essentially the "yeah old iPhone" but notably has a few improvements. So actually consumers are getting MORE value for this "year old iPhone" than they did in the past. 3) People complained that the iPad mini was priced far too high for it to sell well. I think the incredible sales figures for the mini have proven those skeptics wrong.

Todd B.

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2013
Because game changers are a huge part of Apple's identity and success. Fair? No, not in the least. But they joined the mobile telephony game very, very late, when we already had our Nokias and Blackberries and Motorolas and Samsungs and SonyEricssons, so they weren't technically "welcome" unless they had something outlandishly good to bring to the table, which they did. And they got to keep it for about 2 years before others copied the crap out of them. It wasn't going to last forever. Fair? Perhaps not, but no different than any other business. And they've done exceedingly well, for newcomers on that market. It could just as easily have gone the Zune and Surface way.

Also, Apple kind of brought the high expectations upon themselves by announcing their products with the most loud and elaborate drum rolls in the biz. Stop the world, we have something to show. It's been that way ever since Jobs announced the Mac in 1984. Sometimes the products have been game changers, sometimes they haven't but we've been told so anyway.

Oh, please.

Xiroteus

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2012
That's funny, because I actually like the white. It's the only colour I like.
But I agree with you, black would have been nice also.

The other colours will become boring very quickly, especially when the novelty wears off.

Maybe they will add something to the lineup later. I was looking at some renders of what a color iPhone can look like and there are much better designs out there then what they released. The design would look much better when the front matches the back color.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.