Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Funkmasta

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2010
Mac OS already supports touchpad and gestures, its all integrated.

Visualize your Trackpad, except it's just the whole screen of your device.

Book it.

They wouldn't have to change a thing.

Last edited:

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Without getting into too much detail, this new MBA will indeed run on a A8 processor, will have close to 24 battery life, will be thinner than the current MBA, and will be released at WWDC next year.

Last edited:

Bensalama21

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2011
I really wouldn't see any reason for a 13" rMBP if their was a lighter, cheaper version available. Just my opinion.

For people like me who use heavy applications like Final Cut Pro... I just got the maxed out 13 inch retina and I could have just a maxed out 15", but size was a huge deciding factor because of the fact that I am always on the move and the laptop is always either on my lap or in my bag being carried

aloshka

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2009
Are you kidding me? I want them to have +17 RMBP too, but to propose that they get rid of the 13" makes you look like a fool.

I think a 15" rMBP air would be awesome. I love the bigger screen, but hate the weight and thickness. I mean do a ULV processor and obviously make it as strong as MBA but with a little umph to power the retina and that would be awesome!

radiologyman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
MacBook Air is getting retina screen, it's a given. It will happen as soon as technology available which seems to be next year. 11 inch MacBook Air bezel can easily fit 12 inch screen. Lighter than MBA will make it a winner!
I'm returning 13 inch rmbp because it is whole pound heavier than my sony ultraportable with same screen size.

aloshka

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2009
MacBook Air is getting retina screen, it's a given. It will happen as soon as technology available which seems to be next year. 11 inch MacBook Air bezel can easily fit 12 inch screen. Lighter than MBA will make it a winner!
I'm returning 13 inch rmbp because it is whole pound heavier than my sony ultraportable with same screen size.

Which sony do you have?

esskay

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
For people like me who use heavy applications like Final Cut Pro... I just got the maxed out 13 inch retina and I could have just a maxed out 15", but size was a huge deciding factor because of the fact that I am always on the move and the laptop is always either on my lap or in my bag being carried

I flew with my MBP13 in coach a couple times recently, and that thing barely fits on the seat tray… can't imagine trying to use a 15"...

ally2801

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2014
Retina Display??

I for one, would also love to see a MacBook Air with Retina Display...the only problem is for Mister Timmy Cook is that he won't be able to use his favourite catch phrase (Thinner. Faster. Lighter.) anymore. :D LOL
But a 12 inch MacBook Air doesn't seem fitting enough to be part of the picture...

Naimfan

Suspended
Jan 15, 2003
I suspect a 12" retina Air would lead Apple to drop the the 11" and 13" Airs, leaving the 12" Air and 13" and 15" sizes for the Macbook Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.