Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cherry su

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2008
This is quite nice. I got a 60 day .Mac free trial (now MobileMe), then get a 30-day extension, and now get a 60-day extension. 150-day free trial FTW!! :D

Bubba Satori

Suspended
Feb 15, 2008
B'ham
Ummmmm... What do they mean "MobileMe problems"? I have yet to have any problems whatsoever with my Mail or MobileMe service.:confused: Everything is running flawlessly for me.

That's because it's all about you. :rolleyes: Nothing to see here. Carry on.

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

This makes me very happy. I haven't had many of the problems that some have had but have encountered some problems. I'm glad to see that Apple is trying to rectify their mistakes.

bbotte

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2008
USA
Can anyone send e-mail from the web application right now? I cannot. It tells me to try again later. :rolleyes:

JC4

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2006
Columbus, OH
Too little, too late. I hung around .mac for the rumored new features...... MM has nothing new I want, and its slower and less reliable. I chose not to renew over a month ago. Its NOT worth paying for, never was, but I gave it a shot for a few years. I'm trying to send a message by letting my account die, but Apple keeps screwing up, and extending my service.

I really cant believe how badly they botched this. There is no new technology here.

KindredMAC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
Hey imagine that, the e-mail announcing this went to my mobile Me account and didn't push to my phone. It downloaded it as I opened the mail client on the phone after reading this thread. The fetch didn't even get it. :) Awesome. :rolleyes: Oh and my date of expiration has not changed. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this is fun!

Yeah I've noticed that too. Ever since update 2.0.1 the "Push" service for Mobile Me hasn't been pushing all too hard to get my email to my iPhone.

I checked my Me email on the iPhone last week all day long and nothing. When I got home and looked at the Mail window on my PowerMac there was the email sitting there UNREAD in the INBOX. Makes me a little uneasy whether or not my emails are going out and coming in properly.

Peruchito

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2008
my mobile me has been perfect since day two. absolutely flawless and perfect. syncing etc. but thanks for the extensions :p

seedster2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2007
NYC
Trying to keep the riots from erupting....

What other choice do they have? The service doesn't work properly and if they didn't extend this olive branch people would have cancelled anyhow. They're not losing that much from giving free service anyhow, the servers still would have been up and running regardless.

What will happen if MM still isn't sorted in another 2 months? Hand out additional extensions on a subpar service?

junker

macrumors 6502
This is just getting ridiculous, if anything - hard to justify... I am seriously considering leaving this service... as I only really use it for my 3 iweb sites, which I could just as well upload to another cheaper host.

Sure I have .me mail....hardly use it. Don't do any idisk, back to my mac or syncing (apparently I'm the only person who doesn't like laptops) and I work from home.

My anniversery was Aug 16 and I've been hoping that some of the new MM stuff and my iphone would help me appreciate it more.

I'm beggining to question my logic here...

Can anyone recommend a reliable and affordable web hosting service?

Peruchito

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2008
This is just getting ridiculous, if anything - hard to justify... I am seriously considering leaving this service... as I only really use it for my 3 iweb sites, which I could just as well upload to another cheaper host.

Sure I have .me mail....hardly use it. Don't do any idisk, back to my mac or syncing (apparently I'm the only person who doesn't like laptops) and I work from home.

My anniversery was Aug 16 and I've been hoping that some of the new MM stuff and my iphone would help me appreciate it more.

ya, you don't need mobileme or .mac.
yahoo worked great for me, but i also heard godaddy.com is good and has great rates.

for me, i have multiple macs and apple hardware that i like synced up etc, so mobileme makes more sense too me (plus its worked perfect for me, no problems whatsoever).

tgildred

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2007
Wow... I haven't had any problems of note since the first day or so of launch. I feel like I'm profitting from the misfortune of others. Like shopping at Old Navy. Anyway, I'm impressed by their handling of the situation. I'm sure it won't dissuade some people, but will win back many others.

Up until recently, I used Hotmail for many, many years, so I know the true meaning of misery.

jvlog

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2008
i started my mobile me trial yesterday before the cut off time and received no email. not to mention if took about an hour and 1/2 before i could log on to me.com or sync my calenders or contacts.

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
Received the email but when I checked my account it still reflects my original end date. I hope to see the extended date soon.

CJSweatt

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2008
Hattiesburg, MS
Member price?

I just wish I could get an iphone. I can't get one at the 'member price' until February! AT&T won't let me 'upgrade equipment' until them... :mad::(:confused:

Still wondering what purpose it serves to deny your customers the ability to upgrade their phones... :confused:

This really confuses me. What's the 'member price'? I just broke down and bought an iPhone this past Sunday, and it seems like I didn't get any special deals, although I am eligible for an upgrade... :confused:

Not complaining, I'm actually really excited for it to come in (too bad I have to wait over a week... blah), and also really excited about the great, new price. I've heard a couple of people mention the 'member benefits'; however, this was not mentioned to me in store.

skellener

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2003
So. Cal.
Getting at least something is commendable. But extending a service another couple of months that collects an annual fee? Not really much of a deal. Maybe half off your next year or something might have been actually worth something.

Nov 6, 2007

lunarpages.com
globat.com

I have not tried them yet - but people have told me about them and they claim to have been using them for years.

Me.... I am still iffy myself. With all the free extensions, I have not cancelled yet. if google every came out with a contact sync (other than their API which requires programming), or busymac/bucysync started including contacts I would be gone in a heartbeat.

But with the free extensions, I'll keep holding out. when the extensions end - and then I have problems then I will cancel.

Nov 6, 2007
Getting at least something is commendable. But extending a service another couple of months that collects an annual fee? Not really much of a deal. Maybe half off your next year or something might have been actually worth something.

Well, works out great for all us trial people. If we signed up early enough our free 60 days turned into 150 days. So which means we can keep using the service for free, ride the rollar coaster and then have longer to decide if the features are really worth keeping or not.

But truthfully, if there was a good contact sync for Google, I may be outta here. I only got MM for the syncing and webhosting. google now solves 90% of MM features and I can get hosting else where. For now I am riding the rollar coaster for free to see what the final outcome will be.

pesos

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
Some of you guys crack me up!

If this was Microsoft, it would be "OH WOW I'm getting all of $25 back for all my pain and suffering." But because it's apple you're blown away by their generosity lol.

I feel sorry for those who counted on MobileMe. Exchange ftw!

ejrizo

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Los Angeles
makes me happy... Great job Apple

I have been a member since the iTools days... and will continue to be one.

but i do agree that they should drop the price...

but good gesture on Apples Part especially since i havent experienced any major setbacks... just little things here and there.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Too little, too late. I hung around .mac for the rumored new features...... MM has nothing new I want, and its slower and less reliable. I chose not to renew over a month ago. Its NOT worth paying for, never was, but I gave it a shot for a few years. I'm trying to send a message by letting my account die, but Apple keeps screwing up, and extending my service.

I really cant believe how badly they botched this. There is no new technology here.

I understand how you feel however don't speak too soon about MM not being worth paying for. At this point Apple has acknowledged that they messed up badly and most likely they will make up for it by adding a lot of exciting features to it and make it run better than any free or paid online app. You'll be back.;)

Apple Ink

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2008
Probably, but you will not get the 150 days that people who adopted on day one were getting. still pretty cool though.

Hmm....
Now that you mention it.... 150 days of free MMe without coughing up a single penny:eek:

Great Job Eddy!:D

P.S.: Im a paid subscriber so I only get 90 days free!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I have a Family Pack. Shouldn't I get 300 days free? ;)

Actually, I've never had a problem with MobileMe, so they don't owe me a thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.