Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

farpian2

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2016
It's good that Apple pulled this. Only mistake they made is let it pass in the first place. Those developers try to trick Apple knowing exactly what they are doing, just to get some attention. It' always the same.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
typical Apple.
oh what had happened to Apple these days they were an exciting company and used to build software and hardware that i used and loved.
now i have switched to Android (Moto X Pure) and i am not going back.
It's iOS, the design and limitations and rules of which have been known for almost a decade now. Nothing new or surprising or anything else there.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Still waiting for the fake excuse about Night Shift not being supported on 32-bit devices.
f.lux working on them, this working on them, no technical reason in the horizon...

Same reason as ad blocking on 32-bit iOS devices which is nothing other than profit$ because apps like Adguard on other platforms work great regardless of 32 or 64-bit.

Reactions: Menneisyys2 and g-7

Dayv

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2009
But what will I do now if I want it to look like all my apps have been peed on?

B2k1977

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2009
I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.
LOL!

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014
It baffles me how so many people complain about the iPhones gimped features and yet they STILL buy the thing. Just go out and buy an Android phone and have all the features you want. My god, is the Apple logo really that important?

Android users are FAR more tech savvy. That's not even debatable. But the good thing is, Android is just as simple to use for noobs as iOS. Both my parents who are tech illiterate are able to get around their Android phones just fine.

Good luck developing for android and why are you here ?

jweinraub

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Sol III
This is why Cydia works. Why can't Apple allow unsigned Apps and have it disabled by default like OS X does? If you are willing to accept the "risks" then you should be allowed to do what you want, private APIs or not. Their idea of their 33% cut is BS--because they never intended to even have an App store, they wanted bookmarked HTML5 webapps initially...once they saw how successful the jailbreak community was, they allowed native apps. It is decisions like this that makes me furious with Apple, but honestly, the alternatives to me are far worse.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
so i can't comment? i love Apple, but they are doing everything i hate with the products i used to love.

I can't stop anybody from commenting. I just find it weird that you'd waste your time on a company that does nothing you like. It makes you come across as somebody just coming here to spew hate.

moxin

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
I can't stop anybody from commenting. I just find it weird that you'd waste your time on a company that does nothing you like. It makes you come across as somebody just coming here to spew hate.
i am not a troll, want to check my history go check it, i have defended Apple everywhere, but i want Apple to get things right again. it's a positive reaction not hate.

Reactions: g-7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.