Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sishaw

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2005
Wow! I wonder if the Siri capabilities will be integrated into the SDK so developers can access them in their applications. Many cool things could come from that!

G58

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2008
Distortion

Does it have a feature to tell you that you might be getting too drunk and subsequently misplace the phone?

Jason Chen is developing one to pay for his legal bills. Gray Powell is also developing one to pay for therapy sessions after his 'meeting' with Steve Jobs!

Disclaimer:
Some or all of this may be true. It is however designed to be satire and not intended to represent a true state of the app development aspirations of the two gentlemen who's names I've plucked from recent news hilarity!

wilhoitm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
This is those apps + the star trek voice computer put together.

Think bigger!!!

Siri was spun out of SRI International and its core technology is based on the ambitious DARPA-funded CALO artificial intelligence project.

wilhoitm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Has the price for Siri been disclosed?

Apple has got deep pockets! I wonder how much these guys got in the buyout?

Marcus

Minimoose 360

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
NY
Hadn't seen this app prior until this...looks very intuitive. Apple made a really good move here, this will be a great addition to the iPhone OS.

wolfenkraft

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
I still think the best thing in terms of a personal assistant they can do for the iphone is making the lock screen have calendar and event info on it. That's the one thing I miss from my winmo phones.

odedia

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
This is great.

The voice recognition on the iPhone sucks today. The Nexus One is amazing at interpreting voice input on any text field.

This is the way to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.