Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Just a comment on Siri voice recognition.

They claim it is customized to the individual user and learns from mistakes, and I have found this to be the case. For example, I said "what is the weather Sunday in Avila Beach California" and it came up "what is the weather Sunday in Ottowa Beach California". I clicked the little edit button and changed Ottowa to Avila and clicked send and it worked. Now any inquiries with Avila Beach in them come up correctly. The same thing happened with my wife's name. It kept coming up wrong and I edited it, now it is correctly recognized every time.

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
Wow, fun little app, just did a little test, like asking for a phone number to a high school, and it responded very intelligently. I then said "thank you", for the heck of it. Siri responded, "You don't need to thank me, (my name here), Just doing my Job!" :) And then offered a way to send feedback.

JoeDRC

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Wow, fun little app, just did a little test, like asking for a phone number to a high school, and it responded very intelligently. I then said "thank you", for the heck of it. Siri responded, "You don't need to thank me, (my name here), Just doing my Job!" :) And then offered a way to send feedback.

that is AMAZING!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.