Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
You don't get rid of me that easily.:p

I think this is a great idea, and I'm sure that most people in Ed think the same way...but I don't think Apple thinks is a great idea.

Right now it seems that they are looking to maintain a strong profit margin on their products. And I doubt they want to get into a price war with Dell, who will beat them every time.

I hope that as their market share increases (which it's hopefullly doing) they should be able to reduce prices and still maintain healthy profits.:)

they dont need to get into a price war...just give schools a bigger discount....I know thats whymy schools new 3D animation lab will be PC's which will replace the SGI's....they gave a good deal...

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by teabgs
they dont need to get into a price war...just give schools a bigger discount....I know thats whymy schools new 3D animation lab will be PC's which will replace the SGI's....they gave a good deal...

I'm not saying Apple will start the price war, but I know Dell will.

If Apple makes sweeping price cuts, and Dell sees their bottom line start to shrink they're gonna slash prices in a heart beat. It's easy to do that on cheaply made PCs using cheap parts.:rolleyes:

Buggy

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2001
Canada
Forget the third party sercurity software.

OSX users is very secure.

I have just changed 5 of my machines to OSX since they went to 10.1.5 (Anything before this does not fully support AFP on an NT server).

It has been great. OSX is going to be great for education.

So Far I have created different profiles for different languages.

Login and you get, Korean, chinese, french, ...... This is excellent for a languages department.... On system, one machine, one set of apps, but can be used by MANY people.

For those thinking that education buys cheap PCs that you see advertized in the local paper, you are wrong (well in our district anyways) We buy PCs that are buisness level, not whatever pile of cheap parts that could be thrown together. THese machines cost the same as an eMac.

The current problem is the perception of the machines. The IT managers no nothing about OS9.... however they are VERY curious about OSX.

OSX is gogin to be the answer for eduaction.

DavPeanut

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2002
Maryland

Yeah... RowNerd can tell you all you'd ever want to know about programming and give you witty retorts with words that havent been used since 1897...;)

that is, unless he's too busy cuddling with jello or doing his homework (the homework part gets this thread back on track)

NOOCH
soak you head dumb@$$

DavPeanut

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2002
Maryland

Homework is for non-nerds...a true nerd doesn't even study and still gets straight A's...why do you think I'm on here so much.:eek:

And I don't really know much programming, ask mc68k about that.

Thats right. I got 800 on SAT-M. Thanx Rower_CPU

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
Originally posted by DavPeanut

soak you head dumb@$$

You got an 800 on the math eh? Now go learn some grammer..."soak you head....it's soak YOUR head".

And anyway thats stupid.

Also, it was a pointless posts that just wasted people's time. They dont want to hear stupid crap from some kid who thinks he's smarter then everyone else.

Stop spending so much time on a computer while your in high school and go make some friends you scrawney little dork.

Don't come running over here and throw out crap like that when you don't know who you're talking to. I know people...Alpha, Eye, Winky, Mischief...This boy needs a smackdown!

Break out the Slugger!

and FYI, I was joking around with Rower and he knows whats up.....

Go do your homework

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you

Ummm, 'kay...

I got a 670 M and 770 V...1440 total...

When you take your GREs let me know.;)

hehehehe...yeah....you tell dave small nuts whats up! ;)

psssst...I think he likes you....;)

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you

Probably the same thing eye' did when he found you with Winky...:eek: :p :rolleyes:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

:p

OH no you didn't....

;)

ok, let's not get this thread off topic, just had to acknowledge your comedic tendencies...

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

:p

OH no you didn't....

;)

ok, let's not get this thread off topic, just had to acknowledge your comedic tendencies...

Alright...we'll call it a truce...for now.:p

Dunepilot

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2002
UK
I'm confused

Macrumors has gone a bit crazy over the last day or so - all these posts no longer make any sense to me, and there seems to be a persistent gay undercurrent that seems to have come out of nowhere!!

The Dunepilot raises one eyebrow wryly, confused. :confused:

[from the way I wrote that I'm starting to wonder if I'm possessed by the Bender!]

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Re: I'm confused

Originally posted by Dunepilot
Macrumors has gone a bit crazy over the last day or so - all these posts no longer make any sense to me, and there seems to be a persistent gay undercurrent that seems to have come out of nowhere!!

The Dunepilot raises one eyebrow wryly, confused. :confused:

[from the way I wrote that I'm starting to wonder if I'm possessed by the Bender!]

Nothing new here...just a little of the Community Discussion leaking out into other threads.

I'd be more worried about referring to myself in the third person than anything else.;) :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.