Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tmarks11

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
Maps now has a night-driving mode.
And they added the ETA to the default view.
Nice to see.

Did they change the colors and lines used for roads in normal/daytime road?

The current color scheme drives me nuts, since it is difficult to make out the roads from the background for anything but a freeway when soomed out.

iKaushal

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Mumbai, India
my iPhone 5 is using the location services / gps quite often even in Idle mode.

When I checked the list of apps using the location services, there are none which are using currently or used in last few mins.

Anyone else facing this issue?

I believe it may drain the battery.

ReelJustice

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2012
my iPhone 5 is using the location services / gps quite often even in Idle mode.

When I checked the list of apps using the location services, there are none which are using currently or used in last few mins.

Anyone else facing this issue?

I believe it may drain the battery.
The stocks and weather icons use location services to get real time updates for icon animation. I saw this last night in settings.

jjlannoo

Suspended
Oct 8, 2011
Hm, that stuff works on my 4S - is it only on the 4 and lower that the animated wallpaper, tilt effect, etc., is disabled?

Yup just the 4 lacks it. I guess it's possible the blurring or animated paper might be added. The 4's GPS is broke for now as well. I can't see the parallax thing being added tho.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Why do people keep mocking up their own versions of app icons? Are you actually sending them to Apple? If not what's the point? :confused:

yachiru

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2013
Germany
Huh? Who said you will lose that?

I mean the Beta version... I can't wait till the fall to try it out, so I wanna install the beta of iOS 7, and I have a few questions

- does calling work? if so, how is the quality?
- how are the internet speeds on WiFi/3G? (I don't have LTE)
- any notable bugs?

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Calling works fine for me (2+ hours yesterday). Connectivity is fine (LTE and 3 different wifi networks). Overall it's pretty functional. I have has random crashes here and there with some freezing. A few 3rd party apps have funky layouts, lost function and some don't work at all (eBay and find my phone crashes consistently for me). It's a first beta, if you can't deal with an imperfect phone don't touch it. If you're simply just curious it's probably not worth it. Not sure if you can downgrade (read some twitter tidbits about it being possible).

Forgot to mention I'm getting only maybe 50%, maybe 60% of the battery life as iOS 6.

Last edited:

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
Did they change the colors and lines used for roads in normal/daytime road?

The current color scheme drives me nuts, since it is difficult to make out the roads from the background for anything but a freeway when soomed out.

The roads are still grey but the background is now much more of an eggshell off-white instead of that yellowy-brown that it used to be.
Street names are black writing in white boxes and the directions are now black on white instead of the old skeuomorphic white on green.

iKaushal

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Mumbai, India
The stocks and weather icons use location services to get real time updates for icon animation. I saw this last night in settings.

Stocks n weather app don't update icons. They r using location services to get updated behind the scenes.

I deactivated it after u noted it out to me. Thnx.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
can anyone confirm that ''all-day events'' in the calendar, do not appear int he notification centre or lock screen?

Cheers

Unfortunately not.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371123179.463019.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371123179.463019.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 49
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371123198.046509.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371123198.046509.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 66
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371123208.796011.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371123208.796011.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 66

tooobe

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2008
Anybody install the iOS 7 beta on their Apple TV? Can't seem to find any information anywhere as to what's new on Apple TV in iOS 7...

Xiroteus

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2012
IOS7 is far too white, white on white on top of white. (Not a huge fan of white things unless it is paper or maybe this area I am typing in, or clouds, those should be white....and....)

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
My battery life on my iPhone 5 is horrendous. All apps closed, at idle, it died overnight (8 hours)...

Location services using anything? My battery life is pretty bad too but only with actual use. Standby seems okay. Just left my phone idle for about 3 hours (received a handful of notifications) and only lost 4% (on wifi).

schlitter22

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2012
Location services using anything? My battery life is pretty bad too but only with actual use. Standby seems okay. Just left my phone idle for about 3 hours (received a handful of notifications) and only lost 4% (on wifi).

I just turned a few off, hopefully it will help

ETA: my friend (iPhone 4) is also experiencing poor battery life

binaryskies

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
Washington DC
I haven't lost any of this.

I installed iOS 7 on my jailbroken iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1) and I've had no issues with slow Internet speeds or cell issues. The only thing I have an issue with (besides some of the icon designs and color scheme) is the battery life. It seems like notification services is being used a lot more the it was before which kills the battery. Also, in poor coverage areas, you can kiss your battery goodbye and say hello to a wall outlet. I have good coverage here on vacation in ocean city (4 to 5 bars of LTE) and have used HDR Pro, Snapseed, Instagram, tumblr and Facebook religiously and actually have battery left.

Can't wait for the second beta to be released. I've noticed a lag / freeze when using phone and either adding contacts or listening to visual voicemails. Also, when certain apps have services they ask permission for I've had to switch to the home screen (or something else) then back to the app to approve or deny the request.

PS...Apple, PLEASE ADD A FIVE ICON DOCK AND THE ABILITY TO RESIZE ICONS!! Thank you!

theelysium

Suspended
Nov 18, 2008
iOs 7 seriousky needs themes added in. Damn i'd pay a mint to add a theme that OS. I used 7 for two days & finally couldnt take any more.

The beta is only for iPhones and iPod Ts.

It is white on pastel colors with nothing but text to click on.

First the more white a color the more battery it drains
Second i ****ig hte pastel... I dont want a pastel colored ****ing phone OS
Third I want ****ing buttons, Switches, levers something textile looking to indicate that it does something. I hate flat ran together text.

Sry wrote on phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.