Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HnZ

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2009
South Tyrol - North of Italy
hi everybody!

just started my macbook pro and get the usual apple logo, then I saw for a few seconds a blue screen and then another screen with the apple logo... it was a bit washed out (looked a bit different than the first one)...

what is that? googled and saw that this could be a problem due to false build number for mbp... what should I do now?? Please help

Vitaminp

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2011
Just my 2 Cents...

After downloading the 10.7.2 and restarting - Mission control seemed to behave all wrong - it gave me black screens and failed to show apps that reside in other desktops - this buggy behavior was solved upon additional restart.

S. Baldrick

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Pointless (or worse) for Macs

I was looking forward to this thing (iCloud), mainly for the 'Back to my Mac' feature, which I used to get remote access to an AirDisk. They've broken this feature:

See: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4867
"Note: Using Back to My Mac to connect to Airport Disks (USB drives connected to Apple's Wi-Fi base stations such as Airport Extreme and Time Capsule) is not possible with iCloud."

And don't even get me started on months of *false advertising* about 'Documents in the Cloud', etc., when this was an iOS feature all along.

Does anyone know whether SLink can have access to an AirDisk? I haven't been able to find anything that suggests that it can; so perhaps it works only with remote Macs, not a remote AirPort Extreme.

edit: --I was right, SLink has remote access to a Mac only...

nicklad

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2007
Nottingham, UK
For reference, the InstallESD.dmg for 10.7.2 has the following hashes:

5a8bc4c636f35c855250c7b5508ae7a5 (MD5)
0c2c88d078b013adef1acee7824a009c69b4d4f0 (SHA1)

IzzyJG99

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
Their poor servers. I'm downloading 10.7.2 via the app store to give it a try and see if the problems I had are there still. Their poor servers...lord almighty...they're so slow today. Wants 62 hours on a 3.5 GB file that normally takes me about a half an hour.

Somewhere in Cuptertino I see Jimmy Doohan (Scottie from Star Trek) shouting "WE CANT HANDLE THE POWAH, KIPTIN. SHE CAHNT TAKE ANYMORE!" And then him frantically spraying down comically overheating red XServes with a fire extinguisher.

accessoriesguy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
**UPDATE

I've had 10.7.2 for a day now. Everything feels snappier, the internet seems to connect better, the mac turns off when closed immediately.

I'm having almost no problems with lion now, this was a great update!!

I like the changes to safari, ironically iwork programs wont open everything you had back up after you close them (i hate that all other programs do that, I don't need it for basic programs I only need that for office, adobe, and other programming/hard core project programs)

The one thing I do like from Lion was Mission Control, but I hate that unlike in lion that anything you had minimized onto the tray, would come out on a bottom tab in Spaces or whatever, that does not occur in Mission Control, that would be a great addition!!!

Obi Wan Kenobi

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2011
London, UK
Has anyone noticed that timemachine doesn't recognise previous back-ups and does a full back up after 10.7.2 is installed?

Kind of. Time Machine didn't recognise my pre-10.7.2 back ups either, at first. But after some prompting it has started to back up. The new back up is only 4.93 GB, much less than all of my data. But it is worrying that against the legend "Oldest Backup" and "Latest Backup", it says "None".

Update: That backup failed. It won't recognise my time machine.

This wouldn't have happened if Steve Jobs was still in charge.

Last edited:

paul1990

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
help

I've done something incredibly stupid. I was fooling around with the new features in iCloud en tried to remotely lock my macbook pro. Nothing happened and didn't gave it much thought any more. Then a few days later my macbookpro started rebooting and entered the lock mode. The problem is that i can not remember which passcode i've set. I tried to get in via recovery mode that didn't work. I tried to reboot using the installation dvd didn't work. I've searched the entire iCloud website and support page from apple. I don't know what to do anymore! If anyone knows a fix are a way how i can wipe and reinstall please help me.

malias4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
Greece and Holland
i ll probbably go for lion tomoro on my imac, im stil on 10.6.8 but i want to see the clouds :D so i ll do it and hope its not gonna cause any problems !

nastymrx

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2011
I've done something incredibly stupid. I was fooling around with the new features in iCloud en tried to remotely lock my macbook pro. Nothing happened and didn't gave it much thought any more. Then a few days later my macbookpro started rebooting and entered the lock mode. The problem is that i can not remember which passcode i've set. I tried to get in via recovery mode that didn't work. I tried to reboot using the installation dvd didn't work. I've searched the entire iCloud website and support page from apple. I don't know what to do anymore! If anyone knows a fix are a way how i can wipe and reinstall please help me.

I´m sorry but... LOL

techmonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
I downloaded the dmg from the Appstore and get a error opening the file. Is there a way to verify if the file is complete?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.