Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fruitpunch.ben

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Surrey, BC
Caught this slip, i am sure just a mistake since DP6 was released on Aug 21. But look at the "posted date" of DP7, Sep 21, 2013 haha. Wouldn't that be nice if that was the GM seed or release date. A day after probable iphone launch and a Saturday so not likely but one can only wait :)

That's very interesting. If I'm not mistaken, Apple used to do all the OS releases on Friday/Saturday, but since they've gone digital only, it doesn't matter anymore. The last one was on a wednesday.
But I actually expect the release of Mavericks to be around that time. They will do a last preview at the iPhone event, maybe with a special last minute feature or two and announce the release date as well. But I don't think it will be in the same week as iOS7. Last time the release of Mountain Lion and iOS6 slowed Apple's servers to a crawl, they wouldn't do both at the same time!

Innise

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
I had an issue in DP6 where preview just wouldn't respond at all, which seems to be fixed in DP7.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
AirPay works fine for me.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 304

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
That's very interesting. If I'm not mistaken, Apple used to do all the OS releases on Friday/Saturday, but since they've gone digital only, it doesn't matter anymore. The last one was on a wednesday.
But I actually expect the release of Mavericks to be around that time. They will do a last preview at the iPhone event, maybe with a special last minute feature or two and announce the release date as well. But I don't think it will be in the same week as iOS7. Last time the release of Mountain Lion and iOS6 slowed Apple's servers to a crawl, they wouldn't do both at the same time!

im guessing they wont say anything about os x mavericks at the iphone event.. wont be mentioned till the later iPad/iPad mini event, meaning release sometime in october.

pascalhos

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2008
Can someone check if the issue with PowerPoint has been fixed? In DP6 the slide sorter view was upside down for some odd reason.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
Not until the other Macs are updated

I suspect Apple won't be releasing Mavericks until the rest of the Macs are ready: Mini, MacBook Pro, iMac and Mac Pro.

They could even follow Microsoft's pattern with Windows 8.1 and refine it until its ready for GM.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
There are a bunch of new wallpapers.

Also, you can now start an iMessage from notification center (same as the twitter, Facebook, and linked in post buttons).

kenbrinkman

macrumors regular
May 20, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
This update made my rMBP and Magic mouse scrolling even worse. I used to just have the "Safari frozen tab" when swiping back/forward with one finger. Now, scrolling randomly refuses to activate when swiping up/down with one finger. iTunes, iPhoto, and Safari have all demonstrated the same behavior. I've tried unchecking/checking all scrolling options, repaired permissions, unpaired/repaired BT. Only thing that restores functionality is to quit the scroll-frozen app and restart. Scrolling always works with the up/down keys on the BT keyboard even if the magic mouse scroll is frozen. Step backwards for me in DP7.

balzz

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Yes! Powerpoint 2011 fixed...my brain was close to imploding from it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.