Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
OS X Mavs is not perfect yet, but still every DP has been better than Windows 8. :D

Disagree If you mean in terms of stability. Windows 8 & the Windows 8.1 preview were extremely stable, I used it as primary OS for a while.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
Disagree If you mean in terms of stability. Windows 8 & the Windows 8.1 preview were extremely stable, I used it as primary OS for a while.

I concur, I ran the Consumer Preview and have the RTM now on my main machine at work and its stable, no problems with. With the release of Windows 7 beta, Microsoft started really producing very stable releases of Windows from the get go.

On the other side, OS X seems to have always been a buggy product, in beta and GM releases. The last two releases have pretty much suggested it has gotten even worst. The last stable release which I see a lot of people still run is 10.6, prior to that it was 10.4 then 10.3.

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
This makes 7 DP's. How many DP's were released with Lion and Mountain Lion? Swear it was less than 10.9's current count.

There were 4 DP's but they were released monthly, not every 2 weeks. So Mavericks would need 8 DP's to get the same amount of testing before GM.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
This release is very close to GM I think. Enhanced dictation now works (as already mentioned here) and Airplay issue has also been solved. Of course this is not the GM but Apple is making progress with Mavericks.

WhackyNinja

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2012
Kissimmee, FL
This release is very close to GM I think. Enhanced dictation now works (as already mentioned here) and Airplay issue has also been solved. Of course this is not the GM but Apple is making progress with Mavericks.

I think (just a wild guess) we may see a final release in October.

Maybe they might mention it in the September 10th event...then again its an iPhone event...so that might be out of the question.

Stack Overflow

macrumors member
Dec 18, 2012
Lucky you. Now go read Apple notes which suggest it will be unreliable and that the second screen behaviour won't work.

You'll forgive me if I listen to them and follow their recommendations rather than yours. They made the software and hardware you see.
You're full of it. The release notes say nothing about this.

thesprawl13

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2013
Mail preferences

Hi first time posting!
Is anyone else having trouble with mail not saving the 'mailbox behaviors' for gmail? I uncheck the first two boxes to disable drafts from being saved, save the settings and then when I restart the software everything reverts.

Any ideas?

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
No change in version or behaviour = i.e. still no metadata editing and still no proper synching.

There is a change in version. DP6 was build 140 and DP7 is build 152. As far as behavior, the only thing I noticed is the parental tab in the Preferences panes now actually works, so you can unlock it and disable the iBooks Store if you like (before the lock would stay locked, so that seems fixed). Other than that no other changes in behavior. But there were some slight bug fixes. Preview is working smoother with iBooks now, although PDFs still won't load properly upon reboot if they were in full screen. You will get an annoying file permission error, but at least it's no longer crashing Preview.

----------

No, you can't or at least: I can't :(

I can't either and there is no option to go full-screen, nor does the standard command-f do anything so I think the poster must have been simply wrong.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Safari is still effed up. Crashes left and right, for example when you pinch out to the tab view and back into a tab again.

But since no one else seem to complain, I'm starting to guess it's just me. Or can anyone say they have the same thing?

Safari crashes without fail trying to load shared links since dp5. Not expecting to see that fixed in DP7.

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
I think (just a wild guess) we may see a final release in October.

Maybe they might mention it in the September 10th event...then again its an iPhone event...so that might be out of the question.

All reasonable. Final release in the second half of October with some of the new Macs. They could mention it at the September 10th event. Maybe announce a shipping date.

Or Mavericks is coming out much later and the shipping date will be announced at the next event which is probably going to be the iPad event in October/November.

mirzank

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2008
i am seeing download speeds of 1-5 kb for dp7!! i tested my connection and easily getting 400-500 KB/s but dp7 says time to cmpletion 12 hours! i've always been able to update and get fast speeds within minutes or hours of updates but this is just ridiculous.

I am not sure whats going on. does opendns slow down internet connection by some odd twist i dont understand?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.