Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
I usually keep EyeTV running on one of my nMac Pro displays (news, background noise while working), wanted to check what happens when a call comes in.

The notification appears, once accepted EyeTV is muted and the conversation takes over very smoothly. That's a big deal as Elgato's software hasn't been the most stable, glad that OS X is handling third party app's well with these new features.

The audio is perfection on both ends!

junkymonkey

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2014
Worked on my mid 2011 17" MBP. Can call out by clicking on phone numbers, or answer from pop-up. Also now my iPad has a "slide to answer" when someone calls the iPhone.

I got it working.

The iCloud settings on my MacBook Pro were myaccount@me.com and the iCloud settings on my iPhone 5s were myaccount@me.com.

FaceTime on my iPhone 5s was configured as myaccount@icloud.com.

I changed everything to use myaccount@icloud.com and it started working. All other services worked fine before (except calling). Now everything is cool (except Handoff).

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
DP3 build number toggle bug

After installing yosemite dp3 you can check the build number by clicking on apple menu, then About This Mac and then click the word Version and then Build 14A283o will show as expected.

However, in DP1 and DP2 if you click Version again, the build number disappears and you can keep clicking it to toggle the build number showing or not showing.

In DP3 if you reclick it does not toggle the build number. You can only click once to show it, then it keeps showing after clicking again. The only way to make it not show is to close and reopen About This Mac.

Jess13

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
My gripes with the new look are

1) The folders are disgusting. They look like a horrible windows theme; the old folder honestly would have worked better.
2) The toolbar buttons look out of place. They should have gotten rid of the outlines all together and just used the icons.

I am not using Yosemite, but I agree with you. The folder icons, while simple to replace, are 100% disgusting. The toolbar buttons as well. Thankfully they'll be replaceable. There are quite a few UI enhancements in Yosemite I like, a lot. But some are 100% facepalms, in old MS Windows style.

Alphabetize

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2013
I hope Apple does more with the Dark Theme!

I want this:

Attachments

• Real Dark Mode.jpg
    Real Dark Mode.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 953

tomimorillo

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2012

springsup

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2013
  • Text is miniscule and really hard to read. They need an iOS-style global text scaling system.
  • Dark theme looks awful. Very disappointed. All window chrome, popups, and the entire rest of the OS (e.g. the Finder) is still white as paper and totally unaffected by the setting. Only the dock and menu bar become black. That is literally all that happens.
  • Image artefacts not quite as bad as B2 (on Intel GPUs), but still do occur. Switching to discrete graphics (Nvidia) fixes it for me.

Takohashi

macrumors member
May 15, 2011
  • Dark theme looks awful. Very disappointed. All window chrome, popups, and the entire rest of the OS (e.g. the Finder) is still white as paper and totally unaffected by the setting. Only the dock and menu bar become black. That is literally all that happens.

Oh, God... This is a developer preview!

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
Is it just me, or does the Trash icon look different? It's hard to see as well, too light against the dock and default wallpaper.

nottoosmart

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2014
Worked on my mid 2011 17" MBP. Can call out by clicking on phone numbers, or answer from pop-up. Also now my iPad has a "slide to answer" when someone calls the iPhone.

Do I understand correctly that you are running a Late 2011 17" MBP and you are able to get phone calls to work through continuity?

My understanding was that since we have bluetooth 2 instead of 4 this was not possible. I do not even get the handoff option in Beta 3 system preferences that was present in the Beta 2 (though phone never appeared as an option at all). Further, besides getting text in the message.app on the MBP none of the other continuity options worked or even appeared.

Can you maybe explain how you have activated these things on the MBP as I have not been able to do so (though they do show up fine on the 2014 MBA).

Thanks

----------

Unfortunately, from Beta 2 to Beta 3, hand-off has disappeared from my general settings.

Disappeared on my 2011 MBP, remains on the 2014 MBA. I wonder if it's related to presence of bluetooth 4?

dav1dd

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2013
Oz
Finder Scrolling Fixed?

Have they fixed the jerky scrolling in finder? ie. scroll down (with trackpad) through a long list of files and it spontaneously stops dead in its tracks, forcing you to re-scroll - over and over again - until you get to the bottom of the list?

luckyblue10

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2014
Pages Working?

I have tried to open a few Pages documents since I dowloaded and installed todays beta. The documents are showing and ready to be clicked to open, but when I do that, Pages will not load. It sits there and does nothing. Anyone else experiencing this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.