Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2005
Having the same issue I always had with my iPad, I don't seem to get simultatneous delivery to all devices, even if all send as my apple ID instead of my mobile phone number - anyone got any great ideas on this?

phillipduran

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2008
really disappointed this doesn't work on 10.6. I will not upgrade to 10.7 for various reasons (in a nutshell, I view Lion as a vastly inferior OS to Snow Leopard), and there's no technical reason this couldn't work on 10.6.

I agree. An upgrade to lion will be a loss of features for me. The new things in lion (up until now) are nothing that I want.

AppleSpeculator

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2011
Apple once again proving how idiotic they are. iMessages should be a separate app. Anyone who understand software knows this.

yashi

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I use iChat a lot. A friend and I use the iChat theater function to stream movies and tv shows to each other. Can someone share with me if there's still something like that with this new iMessages for Mac? Thanks!

There seems to be a screen sharing feature, though I haven't tried it yet.

scorpsgsxr

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2011
been using it for an hour now and its working fine. messages sent also show on phone and messages received show on both macs and iPad and phone

blastair

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2009
I just installed the messages beta and my messages are not being pushed to my iPhone 4S. Any suggestions?

This exact same thing is happening to me as well. the messages are syncing across both devices, but not showing up in notification center on my iPhone.

Don't know if this is pertinent, but i seem to be using the exact same computer and phone as you.

sseaton1971

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2012
Anyone notice that on Apple's OSX Mountain Lion page, there's not a single picture of a Mac Pro?

Clearly, "trucks" will play little (or no) role in Apple's future.

What does that have to do with anything? How can you SEE the OS on a Mac Pro? You would have to have a display connected to it, and that is nowhere near as "cool" looking as the laptops.

I don't see a Mac Pro on the current Lion page, and I don't recall seeing it on the Mac OS X pages for Leopard, Tiger, etc. Perhaps I am wrong. Even if I am, it doesn't mean Apple is ditching the Mac Pro. By the way, the Mac mini is not on either of the OS X pages, but I don't think Apple is ditching it.

blastair

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2009
This exact same thing is happening to me as well. the messages are syncing across both devices, but not showing up in notification center on my iPhone.

Don't know if this is pertinent, but i seem to be using the exact same computer and phone as you.

never mind, now it's working. strange.

bnerd

macrumors regular
May 21, 2009
Working perfectly for me! This is one of the apps for Mac that was on my wish list.

I'm pleased... :D

AntJon82

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2009
NYC
smh

cant even run this on Snow Leopard that sucks
APPLE IS LOSING IT BIG TIME
IM HOPING THE ODD DONT GET DROPPED ON THE NEXT MACBOOK PRO's

scousers

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
Works well so far except shows a (1) as if I have one unread message.... but I don't...... guess that's why it is Beta!

garybUK

Jun 3, 2002
Seems to only work if the (other) person initiates a iMessage to your Apple ID and not your phone number (which is what I gather anyway).

Agreed, it would be sweet if they incorporated the services into the iOS messages app.

MarkNY

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
After I entered my facebook Jabber settings, Messages reverted back to the ichat interface. Very weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.