Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rictus007

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Ok...I did not find it on App Store (as an update), I used the direct link provided by some folks (thanks a lot). I'm using it right know. About the speed I'd not find any significant difference yet.

stuckwithme247

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2003
Ok...I did not find it on App Store (as an update), I used the direct link provided by some folks (thanks a lot). I'm using it right know. About the speed I'd not find any significant difference yet.

You probably won't see one as the update is primarily security and bug fixes

NY Guitarist

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
Its not showing up in the App Store on my Macbook running 10.10.1 but it did show up on my iMac running the same 10.10.1.

Anyone have a direct link or know why it wouldn't show up?

The new Safari builds can be downloaded through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store.

:confused::apple: Doesn't show up in the App Store on any of my machines running either 10.10.1 or 10.9.5.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
I wonder if they pulled this update.

Yes and no.

It is no longer available via the mac app store, but for now they are still available in the direct links in my thread https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1825558/

That might not last much longer either though, especially if they fix the problem and release new builds.

I have also added direct links for safari 7.1 for mavericks and safari 6.2 for mountain lion if you want to downgrade it.

I'm not sure yet how we are going to downgrade to safari 8.0 for yosemite (short of reinstalling the system or time machine restore). I know it has already been suggested to reinstall the system in order to downgrade it. But that is like cracking open a nut with a sledgehammer. You shouldn't have to do this just to downgrade safari.

So far however apple have not uploaded a safari downgrade for yosemite like they did for mavericks and mountain lion, so maybe it is going to be harder to do for yosemite.

EDIT: The links for 8.0.1, 7.1.1, 6.2.1 in my thread are now dead. But the 7.1 and 6.2 ones are still live.

Last edited:

Bassman1

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2014
I downloaded this update to Safari. Haven't noticed a difference from the previous version. Also extensions like Adblock still do not work in this update!!!

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
And yet again, it does not fix the two problems that I've reported to Apple since Yosemite came out. This is a replay of the type of problems that affected iWork applications, namely Pages.... Apple just ignores customer feedback! (Pages lost support for linked text boxes, and it's been more than a year without any response from Apple). So frustrating!

Regarding Safari...

As a web developer, I have local copies of sites on .dev top-level domains (eg. http://www.site.dev would correspond to http://www.salesforce.com/platform/overview/?d=70130000000liBh). Since Yosemite, Safari has stopped resolving the domain if it didn't begin with http://, so I need to manually type that full address each time (or store bookmarks for each site, which is annoying). Without the protocol on the front, it just performs a web search.

Secondly, Safari no longer offers password auto-fill for these .dev sites, even though the password info is stored in Keychain correctly.

If anybody has any suggestions for these, I'm all ears.

I can't speak for the first issue, but as far as the non-referral to the keychain, I had this issue with our own internal website. For me, 10.10.2 and Safari 8.0.2 fixed the keychain issue. Do you have a way to get the latest beta?

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Do you have a way to get the latest beta?

Install the yosemite seed configuration utility available from the mac dev center. That will give you access to the current build (14C68m) of 10.10.2 and also a higher version of safari (8.0.2). You have to be a developer to get this stuff though.

EDIT: New build 14C78c also has a higher version 8.0.2 for safari.

Last edited:

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I mean that Lion is running Safari 6. I think Apple pulled these updates because of issues. When they rerelease them you will get Safari 6.2.1

Lion is dead-ended at Safari 6.1.6. Safari 6.2 does not exist for Lion, and neither will 6.2.1.

JackANSI

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
And yet again, it does not fix the two problems that I've reported to Apple since Yosemite came out. This is a replay of the type of problems that affected iWork applications, namely Pages.... Apple just ignores customer feedback! (Pages lost support for linked text boxes, and it's been more than a year without any response from Apple). So frustrating!

Regarding Safari...

As a web developer, I have local copies of sites on .dev top-level domains (eg. http://www.site.dev would correspond to http://www.salesforce.com/platform/overview/?d=70130000000liBh). Since Yosemite, Safari has stopped resolving the domain if it didn't begin with http://, so I need to manually type that full address each time (or store bookmarks for each site, which is annoying). Without the protocol on the front, it just performs a web search.

Secondly, Safari no longer offers password auto-fill for these .dev sites, even though the password info is stored in Keychain correctly.

If anybody has any suggestions for these, I'm all ears.

Have you tried disabling searching from the URL box? I thought there was a setting for that.

rdlink

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2007
Out of the Reach of the FBI
Particular guy? Tons of people are having wifi connectivity issues. And sorry since one of the most used features of a computer is the internet it's sort of a big deal if it's not working properly.

I think you miss my point. Apple has more than one team of engineers working there. If the Safari engineers had improvements/bug fixes ready for release why should they wait until the WLAN engineers fix their stuff before releasing it?

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Lucky me! Question mark for Safari. Automatic updates applied twice to my new 15MBPr and now Safari is gone. It happened as I was reconnecting to the server using the safari. Now I have to grab another Mac to restart the sever. So annoying.... reaching all the way over to the right like this.... ugh!

oopsroger

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013
Is this going to be the new "norm" at Apple?

Tim Cook simply sucks as a CEO

jdphoto

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2014
Definitely pulled, not showing up in App Store on multiple machines. 8.0.1 is the new 13, maybe they should just skip it :)

laurim

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2003
Minnesota USA
meh. I upgraded my 2008 17" MacBookPro today and I'm using Safari 8.0.1 and Yosemite right now. Works fine. I guess I live a charmed life because I just never have the issues other people have. Knock on wood!

Rettun1

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2010
Every since I upgraded to Yosemite, the address bar in safari just doesn't work. I click on it and nothing happens, and sometimes the text from the name of the website overlays over the url. I've been able to navigate through bookmarks and whatnot, but it's a pain in the :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.