Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BJB Productions

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
Someone probably already mentioned this, but I've seen a HUGE improvement with battery life since El Capitan on my Mid 2014 rMBP...like major improvement.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Are the El Capitan public betas pretty stable? I'm signed up for the beta program but haven't upgraded because I'm concerned about stability.
No, El Capitan beta is in very rough shape, far worse than iOS 9 and watchOS 2 betas. Finder and Safari are particularly buggy. Avoid unless you have a secondary Mac.

fstmstngs

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2009
I deleted the public beta profile yesterday :D LOL
Same here. What I'm curious about is how I will receive the next update? Since I'm not a developer, I don't have a dev profile... Will it prompt to update to the next developer version even though I don't have the profile? Or will I need to download the PB profile again?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Same here. What I'm curious about is how I will receive the next update? Since I'm not a developer, I don't have a dev profile... Will it prompt to update to the next developer version even though I don't have the profile? Or will I need to download the PB profile again?
There is no developer profile really. If you have developer beta 4 then when 5 comes out and you check for updates it should see that and allow you to update to it (kind of like you updated to 4).

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
I don't know if I was not entirely clear in my post or if you are just being funny, but to be clear...

All of the issues I have had with Mail in Yosemite and even in Mavericks, which is where I believe they broke Mail to begin with, seem to be resolved. I would have issues with new messages not appearing for hours, messages read on other devices (iPhone, Gmail, other apps) would still show as unread in Mail. Same thing with messages moved to a folder or deleted. Basically it was all syncing issues. Mail never reflected the true state of the inbox and would often times need to be restarted to update.

Now, all of these issues seem to be resolved for me in El Capitan. The only issues I am having now is that the Mail app needs to be force quit sometimes because it hangs up or because it has some kind of error when deleting or archiving an email. I truly believe these are just little quirks that can be fixed before release. The major stuff seems to be resolved.

For me, I am actually considering switching back to Mail once these are ironed out. I hope this helps others.

Sorry I was curt earlier. Mail has been my sticking point with OSX for years now, and it's lack of basic functionality as you mention is just unreal.

So, thanks for the detailed post it did help. I will setup my Mac mini server to test mail and VMware to see how it goes.

Again. Thanks for the post.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Sorry I was curt earlier. Mail has been my sticking point with OSX for years now, and it's lack of basic functionality as you mention is just unreal.

So, thanks for the detailed post it did help. I will setup my Mac mini server to test mail and VMware to see how it goes.

Again. Thanks for the post.

I don't agree with you guys, I have four email accounts in Mail: 2 are Gmail, 1 iMAP and 1 iCloud.
All of them have been working great for years.
I wonder if your ISP is the reason why you are having issues.

Reactions: Art0fLife

KingCoffee

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2009
Hey! I can play videos again. It takes a bit of spinning wheel to start, but at least it plays now. Anyone else experiencing the lag?

DustinLH00

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2014
Aurora, IL
Is Quickbooks working now? Quickbooks 2014 for Mac ?

Quicken still has issues, not sure if that helps at all.

I don't agree with you guys, I have four email accounts in Mail: 2 are Gmail, 1 iMAP and 1 iCloud.
All of them have been working great for years.
I wonder if your ISP is the reason why you are having issues.

Ok, so the issues with Mail since Mavericks or Mountain Lion (can't remember which broke it) have been well documented in multiple apple discussion forums and elsewhere online, so please don't act like it is not a well-known issue. My accounts are with Gmail, both regular and Google Apps and they both had issues. Just like every other bug, it doesn't impact every single customer.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
I certainly hope they are concentrating on performance because Final Cut Pro X & Logic Pro X are the worst they have ever been on my 2012 Mac Pro, FCPX is full of spinning balls and hangs, whilst Logic is simple sloooow, man that thing has a snail speed GUI.
Thanks, now I definitely know not to update.

Erdbeertorte

Suspended
May 20, 2015
1Password was constantly crashing on me with PB1 - it looks like it has been fixed with PB2. Otherwise everything seems pretty good my time machine volume refuses to change to the green icon but thats about it.

Do you have the AppStore Version? Apple gave me the money back (after over a month), because there are no beta versions available. I am using the version from the 1Password website again and had no problems since DB1. You get regularly beta updates instead with the AppStore version, but it doesn't have iCloud sync, only Dropbox and WLAN.

Last edited:

MozMan68

macrumors 603
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Good news...have been having weird random re-boots and app crashes over the past week. Was great for the first couple of weeks though. Hopefully this helps.

BBronst7

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2015
Can anyone report if the "Good for Enterprise" or the "Uber Partner" apps are working on the newest ios 9 beta?

AndrewWx

Contributor
Feb 10, 2005
Ventura CA
Do you have the AppStore Version? Apple gave me the money back (after over a month), because there are no beta Versions available. I am using the Version from the 1Password Website again and had no problems since DP 1. You get regularly beta updates instead with the AppStore Version, but it doesn't have iCloud sync, only Dropbox and WLAN.

I am using the latest beta off of their web site with Dropbox sync. I had been in contact with their techs and they were aware of the crash.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.