Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Did they finally fix the Top Sites button in Safari so it is white like all the other buttons, rather than gray?

yup!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 3.55.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-15 at 3.55.50 PM.png
    12 KB · Views: 84

GoldenChild

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
DP8 installed, was 948mb on my 2010 MacBook.

Lightning fast and feels much smoother than DP7. Just hoping Preview and Quicktime are fixed, kept getting a weird bug where they'd eventually not open but wouldn't force quit either and prevented a shut down.

Not sure I care for the new battery icon very much.
Does anyone else miss the iOS 8 long battery bar? This small square one looks weird to me.

Yugure

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2002
Safari in the public release refuses to load any content for 20 minutes at a time and labels all tabs as "Untitled 2" for me. Hrm.

EDIT: Bah. And I lost half my tabs in the process. They're blank without a URL. That's annoying.

Last edited:

JoelBaka

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2014
For those wondering about SMS relay...

From the DP 8 release notes.

SMS Note

- SMS Continuity is not currently available for testing. It will be available in October via a free update to iOS 8.

Also, for those who are using FileVault...

Installation Known Issue

- Users with automatic installation of updates enabled will not be automatically logged in after reboot from installing Developer Preview 8. If FileVault is enabled, the system will shut down if the user does not log in shortly after reboot.

That seems quite long! iOS8 will be out soon, that means continuity won't work for quite a while. Unless they mean the 1st of October :p

By the way I'm super confused about Handoff/Continuity, will any of it work for me? With the final release I mean. (Macbook late '09 white unibody, Core2Duo, 250 GB HDD) As far as I know I won't be able to use any of the features but I've seen topics on here of people who suddenly got a call on their unsupported mac.

JGIGS

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
CANADA!
you’re right: nothing is customizable. I haven’t Yosemite in action yet, but if it’s as ugly as iOS 7, I will not be happy.

Just yesterday I was looking at iOS Notification Center and thinking it was the ugliest thing ever. White spaces, horizontal lines, lack of icons or weather or traffic, no indentation, ...

I the new style think it looks better on Mac OS then on it does on iOs. Not sure why.

This is coming from someone that absolute hates the look of ios 7/8. The only nice looking icon is the working clock icon in ios.

ikir

macrumors 68020
Sep 26, 2007
Still not showing up, i can't wait :) My main system is already on beta 2, impressive for a beta.

GoldenChild

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
Safari in public release refuses to load any content for 20 minutes at a time and labels all tabs as "Untitled 2" for me. Hrm.

EDIT: Bah. And I lost half my tabs in the process. They're blank without a URL. That's annoying.
Safari is behaving beautifully over here, hmm... Trying resetting history?

NSXRebel

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2010
anyone here tried all of CS6 on yosemite yet?

CS6 is working fine for me. Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition, InDesign, Premiere

Microsoft Office 2011 works

Final Cut Pro X works great too, ver 10.1.2

Compressor works

Motion works

Final Cut Pro 7, I have yet to install and test it out. It was working for me under Mavericks.

Avid Media Composer, I had ver 6 running on Mavericks, haven't tried that out yet.

Davinci Resolve 11 just got released for Mavericks and works on Yosemite

The latest update is not showing up for me though, guess it was taken down, but I'll keep checking later. I'm on PB2

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Not sure if they really meant to release PB3 today. I think they released it by accident. And that is why it was pulled.

It would be better to give a new build to developers first, give them time to try it out, submit bug reports and then give out a public beta at least 1 day after (or a few days).

So maybe they will re-release PB3 again tomorrow.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
As Fangio said before,

DP8 = build 14A361c
PB3 = build 14A361p (although this may change for a re-release)

Last edited:

belbri

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2012
Mail is Broke

I am having no luck forwarding emails, attaching to emails via drag and drop. Has anyone else had/have this issue?

Shaqtus

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
I started downloading it, and stopped because i lost wifi. Now i go back to start the download again and it says no update available

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.