Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
i just got in.

hint: 'command-r' allows your to refresh the sign up page so you don't have to keep closing and reopening iTunes to get the Subscribe button back.

mtnDewFTW

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2009
San Francisco, CA
What if you have 500 vinyl albums. Do you first have to transfer them to cassette, digitize those, then submit the files for iTunes Match, or is there a better way to respect the licenses you already own in physical form?

Rocketman

If you have 500 vinyl records, you get an amazing record player, amp, and speakers, and sit down and listen to some good quality music, and consider yourself lucky for not having to deal with crappy CD quality albums.

larcho

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2011
How long did you hammer the server before getting in?

i just got in.

hint: 'command-r' allows your to refresh the sign up page so you don't have to keep closing and reopening iTunes to get the Subscribe button back.

Los

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
I got in! :D

I'm really curious how this works, I'm thinking that I can have all my lossless tracks on my Mac, and then have the 256 kbs versions on my iPhone through iCloud without me having to make two versions of each song and what not. I think this is great. $25 a year doesn't sound too bad either. Let's see if that's how it works though.

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
How long did you hammer the server before getting in?

I had been refreshing for around 4 hours (Not consistently). I don't know if it helped, but I had signed into the iCloud.com page about 5 minutes before it finally let me in.

fdot

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2008
i got it to work after hours of trying

back story:

i have an account i use for itunes... apple id is something along the lines of "hankseven"
i also have an mobile me account that i trasnfered to icloud apple id is somthing along the lines of "hank.seven@mac"
when trying to use my itunes name hankseven, it wouldnt work.
soooooo

WHAT TO DO:

sign out of your itunes name
sign into your icloud account
purchase itunes match
when the prompt for your password, insert your appleid for itunes eg "hankseven"
and its password and hit BUY

DONE

DSchwartz88

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2006
so how are you dudes getting into the match signup process? Just continually refreshing or is there some trick? Just wondering if stuff is closed or if I should keep trying.

Los

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
so how are you dudes getting into the match signup process? Just continually refreshing or is there some trick? Just wondering if stuff is closed or if I should keep trying.

I just opened up iTunes, clicked the Sign Up button, entered my password and that's it. It didn't even tell me anything about it being closed or an error. Nothing, I guess I was lucky.

BFW122083

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2009
Atl
Just got in! refreshed every once and a while for 3 hours lol. I wasn't really paying attention and I noticed it just let me in.

dissdnt

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
Subscribed but iTunes keeps crashing when it's on step 2. Anyone else have this happening. :(

janitorC7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2006
California
i got it to work after hours of trying

back story:

i have an account i use for itunes... apple id is something along the lines of "hankseven"
i also have an mobile me account that i trasnfered to icloud apple id is somthing along the lines of "hank.seven@mac"
when trying to use my itunes name hankseven, it wouldnt work.
soooooo

WHAT TO DO:

sign out of your itunes name
sign into your icloud account
purchase itunes match
when the prompt for your password, insert your appleid for itunes eg "hankseven"
and its password and hit BUY

DONE

This worked for me too…. give it a try

Slash366

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

I went to purchase, redeem code, entered successfully but still asked for valid credit card on file. Which i don't have.

How did others pay by gift card? Is there a way round it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.